PDA

View Full Version : A few Raft questions

Bender
02-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Ok, here are two ideas I had for the raft, please someone tell me which is possible and which is not.
Idea 1: Replace the raft sprite with a car and make "Link" invisible so when you use the raft, it looks like a car driving. But you would need to show the raft/car moving L,R,U,D.
Idea 2: If you can't show it going in all 4 directions, erase the raft sprite altogether, so when "Link" uses the raft, it looks like he's running from one point to another.
Also, if you put a direct warp combo in the path of the raft, will you warp? If so, can you still be using the raft?

Nimono
02-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Idea 1: You can make the tiles, but you can't make Link invisible unless you do this:
Step 1: Make the raft path on the EXACT SPOT that Link will walk on when he walks onto another screen.
Step 2: Check the screen flag "Invisible Link" on the screen with the raft path.
Step 3: Test it.

If it works, Link will turn invisible on the raft path screen and he'll be "driving" the car. Of course, make the raft tile a car going Up (or down, I can't tell which).

Idea 2: Of course! I did that by accident in one of my quests. All I did was make the raft invisible. And there you have it: Instant Invisible Raft! Just add Raft Flag and one Link. :D
I don't think that you'll warp while on the raft. If you put any "wall" (tiles you cant walk on) tile in the raft path, Link will "fly" over it when he's on the raft.

Bender
02-15-2006, 03:40 PM
:sweat: Heh. Sorry, I guess my real question is can you have a raft sprite representing each direction, left, right, down and up? or only horizontal and vertical?

rocksfan13
02-15-2006, 03:41 PM
The only warp the raft allows is a scrolling warp.

Nimono
02-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh. Well, actually, it only requires ONE tile. If you have the Rule "Raft/Ladder Position Fix", these 2 items will turn in the direction they're being used. Of course, you can tell which way they'll go by going to the tile editor, clicking on the raft tile, and pressing the "r" key. That rotates it. Just make sure you make the raft tile vertical so it'll be going left when used going left, right when going right, etc. If the tile is horizontal, it'll turn left when going up, and etc....