PDA

View Full Version : Door Combo sets editor is not working?

Otto Halmen
02-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm working on a quest with the Comprehensive GameBoy tileset. As most of you know, it is merely a tileset (with the palettes). No sprite assignments or door combo sets.

About those door combo sets... I can't save them. When I hit the OK button after filling every field in the editor window, nothing happens to the combo set list. When I choose the <new combo set> option again, I get the same editor window with all the info I previously entered, except the set name, which has disappeared. What should I do? That's an awful lot of work I did when assigning the combos. (I didn't use the Auto button almost at all, because I found out about it after creating the combo table, and the Auto function seems to require the combos to be arranged in a specific order.) I lost that work already once, I don't want to do that again, but it seems I am forced to, as I have to shut down my computer when night comes.

Please help! Can I do something about this?

Nimono
02-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Did you name the set? I rarely make my own doors, though. I only do that when I have a special dungeon with different doors, which is rare.

Otto Halmen
02-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes, I did.

Nimono
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Okay, then I don't know what's wrong. Like I said, I rarely make my own doors. Sorry.

rocksfan13
02-15-2006, 03:18 PM
The gameboy tileset needs to be loaded to ZC1.92.
Load it into ZQuest in 1.92. Save the quest, then open it in 2.10 and everything should be ok.

I had a similar problem with this set and it worked for me.

Phazite
02-15-2006, 05:57 PM
I don't remember having a problem like this and I started the quest in 2.10.:odd:
I decided to use free form dungeons for the quest anyway.

Otto Halmen
02-18-2006, 10:23 AM
I actually am using 1.92 or something around that, but not 2.10 at least. Probably not the one that the tileset was designed for, because the pre-included combos won't load properly (that's not a problem, cuz I create them myself, anyway). I can't remember, I'm not at home right now.

firefly
02-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Freeform dungeons are very buggy with doors, I did had the same problem with doors.
and the Auto button rarely works in my quest...

Phazite
02-20-2006, 01:29 AM
In freeform dungeons you have to make the doors manualy. Are you using freeform or not?

Nimono
02-20-2006, 03:32 PM
You know, I recently got the same tileset, and nothing is wrong for me whatsoever!