PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Problem

80s Knight
02-15-2006, 01:23 AM
I've noticed this with other quests too, and it's happening with the one I'm making, and I don't want it to.

When I have a dungeon room with a few different enemies (let's say 2 keese, 2 stalfos, and 2 bubbles) and defeat all but the bubbles, then come back, the 2 bubbles are transformed into 2 stalfos or something. Then after I kill the two (former) bubbles, the room regenrates all 6 enemies after a few screens. It SHOULD be that the bubbles always remain as themselves and none of the other enemies in that room regenerate unless I leave the level.

I KNOW this happened in the original LoZ with other enemies (IE, 3 Keese, 3 Gibdos, 3 Pols Voice, kill the 3 keese, come back, you now have a keese, 2 Gibdos, and 3 Pols voice) but it didn't happen with bubbles in the original.

How do I keep my bubbles?

eXodus
02-15-2006, 01:41 AM
It's hard to tell from the way the original game does it, but the enemies always spawn in order. If there are 3 different enemies in the enemy list for that screen, and you kill one of them, then only the first two will appear every time afterwards. To fix your problem, you would want to make sure that the Bubbles are always the topmost enemies in the list.

Be careful of how you order your enemies though. Some people like to put the strongest enemies (including Bubbles) first just so that you can't leave and reenter. The worst people deliberately put Pehats at the top in "Enemies -> Shutters/Item/Secret" rooms so that you must wait for them (e.g.: Arena Fight). Also of note is that the ringleader is always the first enemy in the list. This can come in handy when working out boss ideas...

80s Knight
02-15-2006, 10:07 AM
That was it. I had the bubbles as the 2nd enemy on the list!

Thanks for the extra advice as well! :)