PDA

View Full Version : Defeat Ganon, get item other than Triforce

Nimono
02-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Is it possible to make an item other than a full Triforce appear when you defeat Ganon? If so, do you have to check the Enemy Flag "Enemy Carries Item"? I'd like to know this because I want to have a quest where you have to defeat "Ganon" more than once, but I don't want the Triforce to appear the first time I beat him, and I don't want to change the sprites of another enemy so I can make another "Ganon".

VI3T_DR@GON
02-14-2006, 10:46 PM
No, it automatically show up after defeating Ganon.

Nimono
02-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Okay, so there's no way to make an item other than the Triforce appear?

firefly
02-14-2006, 10:50 PM
The problem is that Ganon isn't clasified as an enemy, it's actually a room type, so I doubt there's a way, but I may be wrong.

Nimono
02-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Hmmm... Maybe they should set Ganon as an Enemy type, so you can have him in dungeons as a normal boss, then in the final one as a hard boss. That'd make a good Mario game, which is what I want the idea for. I need to have "Ganon" (Bowser tiles) be in one of the dungeons in my quest, but when you beat him, you don't get the Triforce. Instead, you get another item (possibly the Lvl-2 Sword, since it's going to be right after the 4th dungeon). Although.... Ganon is a bit... strong. I'd need to give the Silver Arrows AND the Red Ring before you can challenge him... Maybe I could make this happen once they make an enemy editor. Then, I could set the strength of the enemy Ganon to a reasonable amount...

firefly
02-14-2006, 10:58 PM
I wanted to use Ganon as a boss in Level 4, then have a revenge in level 9 in an old quest I made, but I had this problem.

Nimono
02-14-2006, 11:01 PM
What was the problem?

Oh, and just so you know, your idea is VERY similar to mine: After level 4 is completed, you go to Bowser's Fort in my quest. There, you battle Bowser (or maybe just some Wizzrobes now). When you defeat him, you get an item. Then, you get warped into a new section of the overworld. After collecting 4 more Triforce pieces (or Magic Orbs in my quest), you can go to the final overworld where you face Bowser again in his new fortress, 9-Fort. Of course, he's out for revenge. Odd how my story idea is similar to yours...

eXodus
02-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Have you played PolygonX8's Nintendo Crisis? He did a similar thing, except instead of the same resprited Ganon at the end, he used - no, I won't give it away. Much more evil than a Ganon. Or Death Knights even, as they're used a bit earlier.

firefly
02-14-2006, 11:39 PM
He used a lot of Gleeoks for replacing Ganon (Bowser).

Nimono
02-14-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm still stuck on level 3 of that game! :laughing:

But is there a way to get what I'm trying to get (which is to get Bowser (Ganon) to give me a different item than usual)?

eXodus
02-14-2006, 11:47 PM
I can only think of using the Enemies -> Secret room flag and pit warping you to a new room, but as Ganon isn't an enemy it might not work. What about the door in Z1? Does that open because of the Ganon room type? Or is there an Enemies -> Shutters flag in there?

Nimono
02-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately, I know for a fact that Enemies> Secret will NOT work, since the secret flags are activated AFTER you pick up the Triforce.

80s Knight
02-15-2006, 01:11 AM
What about leaving the triforce, but as a fake, as like Link thinks he's done it, beaten Ganon and there's the triforce.. he picks it up, (Insert Secret Combo(s) here) Oh no! It was a fake! Link now gets warped to where ever / whatever you want to happen.

Since the Triforce Ganon leaves never actually shows up in your inventory, and it the game doesn't end from it, this shouldn't be a problem.

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2006, 02:10 AM
how bout since ganon appears in the same places over and over make it link cant walk where ganon appears but can still slash him? (as this would prevent the user getting the triforce unless it always appears in the center of the room)

eXodus
02-15-2006, 02:29 AM
What's this I'm hearing? Same spots every time? I must know this secret. Tell me! TELL ME!!!

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2006, 03:15 AM
i said same places, i didnt say same order or anything like that.

koopa
02-15-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm thinking, you could just delete the full triforce sprite or make it transparent then either warp link away or let him walk to another room and give the item there.

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2006, 07:51 AM
also beating ganon does not end the game only getting zelda ends the game thus you can have ganon appear multiple times in a quest if you wanted to.

Nimono
02-15-2006, 01:56 PM
If I set an item in a room where you battle Ganon, will the item I set appear when you beat Ganon instead of the Triforce?

rocksfan13
02-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes.

Nimono
02-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Ooh! I might be able to make my idea work after all!

Phazite
02-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Yes.
Are you sure? I've tried it, but it didn't work for me. Is there anything special you have to do to the room? (Screen flags>)

Rakki
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure about the other item appearing, at all, but I know for a fact that the Triforce WILL still appear if you kill Ganon, even if another item is set for that room.

rocksfan13
02-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Technically, defeating Ganon will drop the triforce, which is the item. But you can make it seem different by placing an enemies->secret in the room and have the secret tiles as direct warp tiles so as to make the player warp into a room identical to it(without Ganon) and have the enemies->item option in the room with no enemies. It will appear as the defeat of Ganon with a slight delay once link moves, he will warp to the other room with the item. Make sure you set the idetical room's return warps.

DefEdge
02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Actually, getting Ganon's triforce shouldn't be a problem.

Tell you what, go into ZQuest and make several rooms with Ganon in them, one right after the other. All of them should drop Ganon's triforce. They really don't do anything, it's just a throwback of the original game's storyline.

Now, there is probably one thing that would affect it: lvl 9 warp whistle. So, possibly, if you pick up Ganon's triforce, then that will allow you to warp to lvl 9 (or what you've assigned to the 9th warp location) on the map. See, when you set the levels with triforce pieces, the whistle will allow you to warp to those locations, set by 1-8. The 9th one, I believe, is set by G's triforce.

Master Zebulin
02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Actually, getting Ganon's triforce shouldn't be a problem.

Tell you what, go into ZQuest and make several rooms with Ganon in them, one right after the other. All of them should drop Ganon's triforce. They really don't do anything, it's just a throwback of the original game's storyline.

Now, there is probably one thing that would affect it: lvl 9 warp whistle. So, possibly, if you pick up Ganon's triforce, then that will allow you to warp to lvl 9 (or what you've assigned to the 9th warp location) on the map. See, when you set the levels with triforce pieces, the whistle will allow you to warp to those locations, set by 1-8. The 9th one, I believe, is set by G's triforce.

Aw, son of a--

This is REALLY going to screw with my story! I WANT Ganon, but NOT the Triforce!
(in fact, the Triforce (nor Zelda, nor Link) will NOT be in my game! My story won't allow it!!!)

DeFray
02-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Can't you change the graphics for Ganon's Triforce? Is it the Big Triforce? Because, if so, just make it look like a key to open the door to leave or something and then you're not picking up a Triforce at all.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 07:48 PM
No, what I want to do in MY quest is have Ganon be at the end of a dungeon, and after beating him, you get a Heart Container, as if you beat a normal dungeon. He'd be the "dungeon boss", and by beating the dungeon boss, you're supposed to get a Heart Container, so....

Master Zebulin
02-16-2006, 08:16 PM
No, what I want to do in MY quest is have Ganon be at the end of a dungeon, and after beating him, you get a Heart Container, as if you beat a normal dungeon. He'd be the "dungeon boss", and by beating the dungeon boss, you're supposed to get a Heart Container, so....

Same here.

DeFray
02-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Hmm... Couldn't you just put a Heart Container in the next room?

Nimono
02-16-2006, 08:58 PM
No, because I've noticed that once you get the Triforce, if Ganon is in another room, he'll never appear there...

chiisaiko
02-18-2006, 01:00 AM
Why not create a custom boss? It might be a little difficult (I haven't tried this yet myself) but in idontknow's tutorial (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858) he tells you how to create a custom boss. You could make something that looks/acts like Ganon (maybe even be a weaker version so that when you get to the final dungeon, he's also gotten stronger) and then you can set his as a normal dungeon boss.

It'll look like Ganon, act like Ganon, but won't be the actual Ganon sprite from the game (You could copy/paste the graphic) and then you'd be able to set whatever item you wanted, just like with a regular Dungeon Boss. Would that work?

WindStrike
02-18-2006, 01:17 AM
I know that it is possible to get another item other than the triforce, but I don't know how. Want proof? Well, in Isle of the Winds, I recall having to fight a fake Ganon and wait... crap, I don't remember if he dropped a triforce or not. I suppose there is a theory that I haven't tried yet - Enter the room and make sure you appear on a floor of Layer 1 and then when the triforce comes in it would be on layer 0. Just note that I am a newb to layers and honestly don't really get how they really work, so that might be incorrect (I'm getting to layers later, as I will probably need 'em in dungeons, hehehe). Anyways, can't you just play the game with the triforce anyways? But yeah, I would REALLY like to be able to fight ganon multiple times as I have planned that in my quest, hehehehehehehehe............. no you won't have to fight him until the last level there. And don't expect my quest to be out for a while. Heck, a demo would take a little while. Aside from all of that, I'll repeat it - it currently IS possible to not pick up the triforce from him.