PDA

View Full Version : Wow, it's been five years?

KJAZZ
02-14-2006, 03:51 PM
It's amazing, it feels like I've been here forever. This is just one of those places that even if I cease posting for a long time, I'll still be drawn back. I suppose the rumors of my soul being taken are partially true. :waggle:

Of course, I came here for Zelda Classic, and after 2 months, became a Beta Tester, and while I feel I did my job well for a little while, I eventually started slacking, which is why I resigned a few months ago.

I've never released a quest to the public, although I did release a demo once, but that was horrid, using Orion's original Z3 tileset, and was very ugly. I have 4-5 random quests in the making, as I can't seem to stick to one, but I doubt they'll ever be released. Well, who knows? Maybe they will. :shrug:

Anyway, I can say that my time here has been interesting to say the least, and very fun at other times. I'm somewhat proud that I haven't really gotten into any major arguments with anyone here, save MSU/Mirau, but that was Shattered Earth and another matter entirely.

Regardless, I don't feel like making this post too much longer, and there are probably people I should mention or thank, but at this point, most people that are from my era of posting (2001, 2002) deserve it, as they're (for the most part) the only people I really remember.

Here's to another five years, AGN! :pimp:

slothman
02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Congrats.
Of course I can say the same for me.
I have been here almost 5 years as well.

Brian
02-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Yes, even I still come and lurk around here a few times a year to see how things are going. When I saw you all I thought I would break the silence and join in celebrating our fifth year anniversaries.

Anyway it does seem like I've been here forever... I joined in 8th grade and now I'm a freshman in college, so I can hardly remember a time in my adult life (or late adolecent life, whatever you want to call it) when I wasn't posting here or at least stopping by every now and then to check on things.

Just a little while ago I was looking back as far as the GD archives go, and that is an interesting experience. It is hard to believe that those threads are only a year after I had joined, back when I was kind of like Glenn's right hand man in the club everyone loved to hate (for those of you old enough to remember it anyway), the now-hated KTC... reading some of my older posts makes me laugh, but all I can say is that we were all young once, right? I guess to explain some of it I could say that this place used to be like some kind of online RPG for me- I often didn't act like myself and enjoyed playing around in all the notorious "politics" that used to take place around here. Now that I don't care about any of that I kind of lost interest, but I do like to catch up here and there.

goKi
02-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Heh, i've been here for 5 years, today, actually :o. Meeting alot of you kicked ass.

Prrkitty
02-19-2006, 11:36 AM
congrats Kjazz :) Playing SE with you was always fun. Thank you for being a part of that community :) <hug>

jman2050
02-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Almost 5 years for me. Just a few more months.

King Link
02-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Whoa, what a load of oldies. :)
Congratulations man.

Dechipher
02-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Dude, I've totally been here for 5 years and I forgot about it because I've been so flippin busy lately. Like for the last 4 weeks. I believe I joined the 21st of January.

Not intending to hijack your thread or anything. Even though I was here first. :P

gdorf
02-21-2006, 09:23 PM
I guess I'll jump on the "oh yeah, I've been here five years" bandwagon too. At least this way we can all get it over in one thread.

Cheers. :)

Jigglysaint
02-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah, it's been 5 years for me too. This place still has somthing, even when the odds seem to be against me. I've lived through too much to abandon AGN now.

mrz84
02-22-2006, 02:07 PM
5 years since I first posted at AGN...where has the time gone? (mostly to the Forum Games, but who cares? :p ) AGN cna never have my souyl thouygh. the Metroid series already beat it to the punch. :kitty:

War Lord
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Doesn't seem like it has been 5 years.
I appreciate all of you who have been here that long. Not sure I would still be if I didn't own it. I can never seem to stay at one site very long.

moocow
02-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah, what kind of loser hangs around the same gaming website for 5 years?

<.<
>.>