PDA

View Full Version : Bosses

Chkn Boy
02-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of all the bosses in the ZC maker because I don't know them. If I'm gonna create dungeons I'm gonna need to know what bosses to put in. :)

Nimono
02-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Technically, you can make ANY enemy a boss. You just need the Dungeon Boss flag under Enemy Flags. But if you're going to use the old bosses, here they are:
Aquamentus
Dodongo & Dodongo BS
Manhandla 1 & 2 (2 is not one of the original bosses)
Gleeok & Fire Gleeok (Fire is not original boss)
Gohma Blue, Red, 3, and 4 (3 and 4 are not original)
Patra Big Circle, BS, Oval, 2, & 3 (Oval, 2, and 3 are not original)
Digdogger 1 and 3 Kids
Lanmola Blue and Red
*Moldorm (Not original)

*: I'm not sure if this one is a boss or not.

Hope that helps you! But remember, ANY enemy can be a boss!

WindStrike
02-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Just note that moldorms are definitely normal enemies. They are the fire like things with 5 body parts that just fly around the area (they don't have shadows by the way). It does either 1/2 heart dmg or 1 heart dmg when it touches you and each body part is 2 wooden sword hits to kill it. Anyways, and aquamentus is the dragon that fires 3 bolts from the side and takes 6 wooden sword hits to kill. Dodongos, well they are pretty obvious - bomb 'em. Gleeok's are the dragons with 1-4 heads. I wouldn't recommend using the flame ones before you get the mirror shield or a ranged sword attack. Just note that if those are early game, make sure it's a one-headed one and that you have the capability of shooting it at range with sword at the sides of the room. Ghoma is obvious - shoot 'em with the arrows. Patras are those things with the big eye in the middle with 8 little ones flying around it. Actually, I think the Oval ones were original. Digdoggers - use the whistle. Lanmolas - I'm guessing they are those fast 5-part "guant centipedes" that do 2 heart dmg. No, I don't remember what manhandlas are. Hope that helps.

Nimono
02-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Just note that moldorms are definitely normal enemies. They are the fire like things with 5 body parts that just fly around the area (they don't have shadows by the way). It does either 1/2 heart dmg or 1 heart dmg when it touches you and each body part is 2 wooden sword hits to kill it. Anyways, and aquamentus is the dragon that fires 3 bolts from the side and takes 6 wooden sword hits to kill. Dodongos, well they are pretty obvious - bomb 'em. Gleeok's are the dragons with 1-4 heads. I wouldn't recommend using the flame ones before you get the mirror shield or a ranged sword attack. Just note that if those are early game, make sure it's a one-headed one and that you have the capability of shooting it at range with sword at the sides of the room. Ghoma is obvious - shoot 'em with the arrows. Patras are those things with the big eye in the middle with 8 little ones flying around it. Actually, I think the Oval ones were original. Digdoggers - use the whistle. Lanmolas - I'm guessing they are those fast 5-part "guant centipedes" that do 2 heart dmg. No, I don't remember what manhandlas are. Hope that helps.
Manhandlas are the weird things with 4 heads for Manhandla 1, and 8 heads for Manhandla 2.

Phazite
02-14-2006, 07:09 PM
And you need silver arrows to hurt ghoma 4 (and 3?).

firefly
02-14-2006, 07:11 PM
You need the golden arrows to beat Gohma 3.

erm2003
02-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Ghoma 3 can be defeated with the Silver Arrows. That is how I have it set up in my quest. You probably need the Golden Arrows for the Ghoma 4.

Also, Lanmolas and Patras weren't used as bosses in the original game. They were only found in level 9 though. Of course, they can make good, fairly difficult bosses if they are encountered early enough in the game.

Nimono
02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
I only said that Lanmolas and Patras were bosses because when you defeat them, they STAY defeated. That's the way boss enemies work, and I don't like it. I'd like it if Boss enemies would return if they're found in a room that ISN'T a boss room. I like to use boss enemies as regular enemies in my quests. It makes for a small (and not very hard most of the time) challenge. Especially if you have a room with about 4 Manhandla 1s and the whole floor is bombable. If you try to bomb the Manhandlas, you get warped to a room that warps you to the dungeon entrance/exit.

firefly
02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Lanmolas do 2 hearts of damage with Blue Ring.
Patras do 1 heart of damage with Blue Ring.

I was taking the blue and red Gohma as Gohma 1...

firefly
02-14-2006, 08:16 PM
. Especially if you have a room with about 4 Manhandla 1s and the whole floor is bombable. If you try to bomb the Manhandlas, you get warped to a room that warps you to the dungeon entrance/exit.

You're evil.

(sorry this double post, I thought I was editing my older post, and I don't know how to delete posts)

Nimono
02-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Hey, all you have to do is slash away to defeat them! But that is an evil idea. But still, that's no reason to call me evil. I just like a good challenge is all. And when I say good challenge, I mean really hard stuff that I have a hard time figuring out and doing.

firefly
02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
At least you had a good idea, easy quests are almost always boring.

Nimono
02-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks. But what's REALLY evil is putting enemies like Batrobes in a room where you fight Ganon. Putting up with Bats, Batrobes, AND Ganon... Now THAT'S evil.

And I hate easy quests and games. They get boring.

Rakki
02-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Thanks. But what's REALLY evil is putting enemies like Batrobes in a room where you fight Ganon. Putting up with Bats, Batrobes, AND Ganon... Now THAT'S evil.

And I hate easy quests and games. They get boring.
And what if you kill the Batrobes and Bats (since you have to randomly swing to hit Ganon anyway)? Of course, it would be harder from the start. The only "challenge" I utterly HATE in Ganon's room is warp tiles. One quest I played has the skull shape in Ganon's room as the only floor in the room, the parts that aren't the skull are all holes. I never did beat that quest, because I kept getting knocked into the holes.

And hey, you forgot a boss on the list, Chkn Boy. Ganon! :p

Now I'm off to go suggest a new feature...

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2006, 05:51 AM
And hey, you forgot a boss on the list, Chkn Boy. Ganon!

rakki read before you post... they said that ganon isnt a boss because hes a room type instead.

Rakki
02-15-2006, 06:38 AM
rakki read before you post... they said that ganon isnt a boss because hes a room type instead.
It was a joke. =| And that wasn't actually said in this topic, anyway, so even if I was serious, you couldn't hold it against me because I might not have known. Oh, but I said Chkn Boy instead of pikaguy900, so, that's who I meant, not Chkn Boy.

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2006, 06:53 AM
my bad... must have been asleep.

Chkn Boy
02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the list and the explination guys.

Bender
02-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I only said that Lanmolas and Patras were bosses because when you defeat them, they STAY defeated. That's the way boss enemies work, and I don't like it. I'd like it if Boss enemies would return if they're found in a room that ISN'T a boss room.
What about the Enemies Always Return screen flag? Would that produce the desired result?

Nimono
02-15-2006, 03:33 PM
No. I want it to be like normal enemies (not counting Zols and Gels), which only reappear when you exit and re-enter the dungeon. Enemies always Return makes enemies reappear when you leave and re-enter the ROOM they're in.