PDA

View Full Version : You might wanna check this out :)

jman2050
02-14-2006, 01:54 PM
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/zwarp1.png
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/zwarp2.png
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/zwarp3.png
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/zwarp4.png
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/zwarp5.png
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/zwarp6.png
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/zwarp7.png
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/zwarp8.png

:) *faints from tiredness*

VEL
02-14-2006, 02:08 PM
:bouncy: YAY! I've wanted this for a long time!

Aegix Drakan
02-14-2006, 02:39 PM
:confused:

what? I don't...

oh...

:googly: MULTIPLE WARPS PER SCREEN!!! NICE! :thumbsup:

Petoe
02-14-2006, 03:17 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap dude! :) HOLY CRAP!

*Petoe faints because he is so overjoyed*

KJAZZ
02-14-2006, 04:01 PM
:shocking:

Dear god. You've just done what everyone's first suggestion to improve ZC is. Jman, you're way too awesome for your own good. :thumbsup:

Hmm, so I can see that we have all four directions leading to a different screen, but how many tilewarps do we get now? Looks like 3 to me, but I could be wrong. Not like it matters, anything more than one is really, really good. :clap:

Shoelace
02-14-2006, 04:51 PM
No freakin way! No freakin way! No freakin way! I love you!

I worship the ground you walk on. ZC goes into a new era of games now. Might as well call it 3.0. *faints

Deviance
02-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Just a few words. ABOUT FUCKING TIME! :D

jman2050
02-14-2006, 05:08 PM
4 tile warps, 4 side warps, affects all six warp combos (not including the reset combo, which is a pseudo-warp in and of itself), and includes a pit combo and a stairs combo that warps you randomly to one of the 4 locations. The triforce warp and timed warps always use side warp A, except when a new screen flag, Random timed warp, is on, which causes the timed warp to randomly choose a side warp.

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
02-14-2006, 05:32 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

*faints from excitement*

Questwizard88
02-14-2006, 05:56 PM
:eek:

Two words: Truly Amazing! Can't wait to use this...

WindStrike
02-14-2006, 06:04 PM
It's official, I'm definitely starting over the minor portion of the quest I'm working on. So now that's two reasons - this and a tileset upgrade meaning I probably won't eventually do a remake of it. Anyways, you realize that this will make towns so much smaller and other things. Aka, this pwns.... wait, I just of something that may be a bad thing about this. What if someone, like, abuses this. In one level of a quest, there's 8 warps per room and you have to try to get the end. Yeah, hopefully, no one will ever make that... Aside from that one possible negative, this pwnorz! Engage and Roll out! (that last part was uhhh, 8-bit Theater)

Sephiroth
02-14-2006, 06:06 PM
O_____________O

jman, YOU ARE A GOD! :O

I have been waiting for something JUST like this.

Now, one question. Are those new warp transitions that appeared in a previous beta gonna come back because I absolutely LOVED the rotating triangle one. :D

Nick
02-14-2006, 06:57 PM
<jman2050> and read AGN
<jman2050> you won't be disappointed :P

You've not disappointed me yet, but there's always a fir-- holy crap! This is awesome! :eek:

My only concern is that it uses combos... but I could understand in the long run why that's probably better than flags.

firefly
02-14-2006, 07:06 PM
There's no word that can describe this. :bouncy:
OH MY
jman2050, you are...

*Faints*

Nicholas Steel
02-14-2006, 07:26 PM
now this will make it so much more like zelda 3.

Dlbrooks33
02-14-2006, 07:27 PM
I just have one question. How can you tell which tile wil warp you to a certain warp for tilewarp?

jman2050
02-14-2006, 07:33 PM
it's in the combos themselves. For example, the combo 'Stairs[B]' will always use the B warp. Stairs[C], on the other hand, will use the C warp. The A warp combos are exactly the same as the normal warp combos you're used to using. This applies to stairs, both cave combos, direct/pit warps, swim warps, and dive warps.

Nicholas Steel
02-14-2006, 07:47 PM
This applies to stairs, both cave combos, direct/pit warps, swim warps, and dive warps.

meaning 4 tile warps, 4 side warps for those as well?

ShadowTiger
02-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Well there are four sides to a screen, so there are four side warps. :) ... ... Oh, ... does this mean that it's now possible to disallow the screen from scrolling when you touch specific sides of the screen? O_O'

I mean, HOLY SHITZU! ... Like, ... and stuff. No, seriously, I'm absolutely enthralled, but I'm on such a candy corn high right how, I can barely spell the word "Effigy" without giggling like a freaking schoolgirl. That's so sad, man.

This will obviously revolutionize Custom bosses.

Oh, ... The question is, ... Side Warps & Timed Warps. How do they interact now? Which side warp will the Timed Tic Warp Use? Can You Set It Per Screen?

Nicholas Steel
02-14-2006, 08:07 PM
theres 4 unique side warps meaning each one takes you to a diff. place.

jman2050
02-14-2006, 08:16 PM
the side warps are unique. Each side is set to one of the four side warps. The method of choosing it is a bit wonky at this point, but it works.

As for timed warps, I explained that already. Side warps always use warp A, except when 'Random timed warp' is set, in which case the time warp randomly chooses one of the 4.

LJ Bad
02-14-2006, 09:05 PM
This is very awesome! I can't wait!

cbailey78
02-14-2006, 09:19 PM
That is TRULY AWESOME!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS TOO FOR 5 YEARS!!! I worship the ground you walk on too! Oh I can't wait for it! All of these features you implement is going to make it reach the infinite full potential especially the multiple warps! *places $100 down for appreciation!*

I can't wait for this and I... *FAINTS*

*b*
02-14-2006, 09:34 PM
nice, nice job, Jman. too bad I've already planned out my town with one warp per screen, still it will definitly come in handy. very nice

Dlbrooks33
02-14-2006, 09:35 PM
oo, try the next most popular suggestion, the roc's feather (I'm not trying to rush things, but you implemented this in one hand, so i was just thinking you could try the Roc's Feather.)

punkonjunk1024
02-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry man, how did you do this?
I'm very confused.
EDIT
OH DUH. You're a developer now! Congrats on the step up since I've been gone, man, it's so good to see so much activity on ZC!
You CODED NEW FEATURES. Gosh, I thought you were just exploiting the engine to do that. Man, am I retarded.

Thank you very much. Good stuff.

Jigglysaint
02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
I think I died and went to heaven. That reminds me, now that we have multiple warps, how about a special combo that when Link steps on it, the A button will warp you to the A tile warp, and the B button will warp you to the B? This would easily make decision branches for cutsceens.

Cloral
02-14-2006, 10:21 PM
I guess this means that my old multiwarp trick is out of date now. Not that I mind at all.

4matsy
02-14-2006, 11:18 PM
ASFKWQSOFKJDZNGASKLFJRKVAGKNSAKLSKF--

*Another loud POP! is heard as Hyper's head explodes for the umpteenth time*

Jigglysaint
02-14-2006, 11:34 PM
I haven't got a woody like this since DN added lock blocks.

jman2050
02-14-2006, 11:35 PM
You and your lock blocks :P

Kingboo30
02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
*Mouth wide open.*

Bout time this happened. Wasn't this wanted ever since the 1.90 days? This will really change dungeons, Towns, EVERYTHING. Also when will beta *shot*

Sir_Johnamus
02-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Finally, this happens!
Yayyyyyy!!
jman=a god!

Stungun
02-15-2006, 04:54 AM
I've sworn a lot of things that I will break now.

I've sworn not to make an absolute idiot out of myself here on these forums
I've sworn not to act like a fanboy
And I've sworn not to post here unless absolutely nessecary.

I'm breaking all these with the following sentence:

PUBLIC BETA RELEASE PLEASE! O_O

(Don't be surprised. Unless I missed something I'd bet that's what everyone and their dog is thinking right now. :P Of course you guys might need to work some bugs out, I understand that.)

But seriously... this is probably the best improvement to ZC since layers.

Oh, and for asking, I have one more question. How long before I am brought out to the firing squad along with Kingboo30? :P

*b*
02-15-2006, 05:08 AM
I'm just curious; what's the big deal? I mean, sure, it's nice to be able to have a cave and house on one screen, but, for crying out loud, is it nessecary to make happy in your pants over it? I guess I'm missing something...

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2006, 05:43 AM
it makes it so much more interesting and more like zelda 3.

Shoelace
02-15-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm just curious; what's the big deal? I mean, sure, it's nice to be able to have a cave and house on one screen, but, for crying out loud, is it nessecary to make happy in your pants over it? I guess I'm missing something...

What's the big deal? I get to make the puzzles that I always dreamed of doing. Mixing this with combo cycles, combo cycles with layers, the combo flag things, timed direct warp, etc. etc., the puzzles are endless. I have been trying to push the limit in ZC with Dark Shadow, however, with this, I will redo the game, because I will try to push the limit on the new features. I am all about puzzles and stuff and this plus the other stuff will open up new possiablies for them.

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2006, 06:26 AM
you could make mazes like in the movie "1000nd door castle" (i think thats the name, its a old movie)

Kingboo30
02-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Wait...How will you have Link come out from each of the new tilewarps? There's only one blue thing...

ShadowTiger
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Gashin - Ever considered Custom Bosses? Considering that you've got randomized warps now, you can make your bosses attacks that much more randomized. Now all we need is a way of keeping track of their health while amidst all these randomized attacks. I think Full Screen Warp can be used at least 15 times that way. Could be nice. :)

jman2050
02-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Wait...How will you have Link come out from each of the new tilewarps? There's only one blue thing...

That's actually a good question, thanks for bringing that out *goes to implement more warp arrival points*

*b*
02-15-2006, 03:48 PM
4 tile warps, 4 side warps, affects all six warp combos (not including the reset combo, which is a pseudo-warp in and of itself), and includes a pit combo and a stairs combo that warps you randomly to one of the 4 locations. The triforce warp and timed warps always use side warp A, except when a new screen flag, Random timed warp, is on, which causes the timed warp to randomly choose a side warp.

it's in the combos themselves. For example, the combo 'Stairs[B]' will always use the B warp. Stairs[C], on the other hand, will use the C warp. The A warp combos are exactly the same as the normal warp combos you're used to using. This applies to stairs, both cave combos, direct/pit warps, swim warps, and dive warps.
I thought you said the stairs combo warps you to one-of-four locations? is there now a Stairs (Random) combo, or have I finally lost it?

Dlbrooks33
02-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Here's a question that is offtopic that i would like to know,

Offtopic:What is the Boss Marker for iin Misc?

Ontopic:This would be a good way to have multiple entrances in caves such as on OoS when you go to subrosia and you need rosa to unlock those locked cave entrances on both screens.

jman2050
02-15-2006, 05:59 PM
The multiple warp arrival locations is in the book as well.

And yes, there is both a Stairs [Random] and a Direct Warp [Random] combo. Should be good for custom bosses and puzzles.

idontknow
02-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Alright! Well let's list some ideas that we can now do with this:

1) Multiple houses (warps) per screen
2) A treasure chest game; pick a chest and one will randomly have an item while the others are empty
3) 4+ NPCs per screen
4) An NPC that will randomly say 1 of 4 things when you step in front of it
5) Custom bosses with multiple attacks that occur in a randomized order
6) Random weather effects using randomized timed warps
7) A house (warp) where it leads to a shop, but each time it picks 1 set from 4 possible ones
8) Puzzles with 'random' effects/events

Also, please check out this suggestion, because nobody's commented on it yet and i think its really good and if you combine it with the multiple warps...one can only imagine the possibilities!

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90090

XdragonSB
02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
SWEET!!!!
Multiple warps is what I have ALWAYS been wanting.
thanks man!

Master_of_Power
02-16-2006, 03:32 PM
*MOP does the whole Darunia dance segment from OOT*

YAYSIRS!

octuple W00t for this!

Kingboo30
02-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Remembering what Freedom said before, mabye you should just a few more features than start completely start concentrating on the bugs....Wait, didn't Phantom Menace work on 1.90? Or was it just the 1.83? (Not beta.) 1.90 seemed very bugfree and I hope 2.11 will be like that. Even if it takes another wait into 2007, if we realese a beta quicker, people will be able to report more bugs and faster. Public Beta testing is an excellent idea. Another question, how skilled was Phantom Menace with the coding and programming compared to you guys?

Jigglysaint
02-16-2006, 05:29 PM
You forgot one inportant thing you can do. With events, now you can trigger a secret combo, and actually change warp destinations! Imagine a dungeon in which you face a boss that causes an earthquake which destroys the dungeon. Now imagine crawling back through that dungeon to get to places that were revealed in the earthquake. Normally you would have to do things like have a complex set of warps and stuff, but now all you do is make it so the warp to the dungeon warps you to a whole other dungeon just by setting the events. Even better, beating one dungeon could trigger a massive effect in another dungeon. Imagine that you beat a water dam dungeon, release the water and the desert dungeon is now lush and green! Even better, the flood also revealed new map pieces you can access! The music could even change! Or, think about time travel, where what you do in the past is affected in the future! Or, after a volcanic eruption, the dungeon is no longer safe to enter, so a changed warp would instead place you in a ruined first room with only one exit. You could also make custom shortcut screens too!

firefly
02-16-2006, 06:30 PM
I'll be definitly using this version for a quest! :bouncy:
PLEASE RELEASE THIS BETA!

Also, please check out this suggestion, because nobody's commented on it yet and i think its really good and if you combine it with the multiple warps...one can only imagine the possibilities!

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90090
Please!!!

cbailey78
02-16-2006, 08:36 PM
The beta won't be released until the year 2030. sorry, you just have to wait until you turn into an elder like 100 years old and the beta will might be released. If you feel so appetited to this feature, go to sleep and dream about playing with this feature and try to stay asleep thinking you are awake. If you wake up, you will end up realizing it was a dream!

punkonjunk1024
02-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey, with how close 2.11b and 2.10 were, you know, maybe these developers are really kicking it in gear.

God, one day... when we can make perfect ports of ALttP, or seasons/ages...
Dear god. This program is building into something amazing.

skateboarder11
02-16-2006, 08:49 PM
jman, is there going to be a method of using random side warps as well? Or am I gonna have to use tile warps to lead to those side warps? o_O

jman2050
02-16-2006, 09:52 PM
jman, is there going to be a method of using random side warps as well? Or am I gonna have to use tile warps to lead to those side warps? o_O

WHy not use the tile warps?

Master_of_Power
02-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Dude, I AM DROOLING for this!

*chants "Release" for eternity or until the next beta* O.o

cbailey78
02-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Have them put out a beta demo just like what they did with beta 5 while back that just only have the player to have the public try it out until the full next beta comes out. It will be an appetizer for everybody to try.

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 11:20 PM
*joins in the chanting*

punkonjunk1024
02-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow, are you guys really begging for a release? He did it, and we'll see it, eventually. until then, just prepare. Brace yourselves.
Don't beg...

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 11:34 PM
*does other things to pass the time, and me wasting time spawned THIS*

RonaldMcDonald: Super De Duper!
Barny: *shoots ronald*
RonaldMcDOnlad:*is dead*
Crowd: *cries*
Barny:*shoots the MSOFFICE paperclip*
paperclip: Hey why do I have blood?
Ash: Use thunderbolt on the crowd pikachu!
Pikachu: Pika! *uses thunderbolt on teh crowd*
Crowd: *is dead*
Barny: *gets attacked by zombies*
Unethical Chicken: ME LIKETH CHEEZ!!!!!!!! *rapes ash to death*
Barny: *gets attacked by zombie ash*
Director: Wait? TH ecrowd's dead? Shows over!
Paperclip: *stabs the unethical chicken*
Zombies: *eats the director's brain*
Interesting Hobo: SHOW ME POTATOE SALAD!
Me: I think we should leave now *runs like hell*
ZOmbies: *run away from the hobo*
RonaldMcDOnald: Hey why am I alive?
paperclip: *takes care of that*
*everybody drops dead*
Barbie: *is a necrophiliac* *you know*

<_< *goes back to begging*

WE WANT MULTI-WARP!

ShadowTiger
02-16-2006, 11:42 PM

... Okay, you guys are seriously taking this like it's all a big joke. If you want to help speed things along, compare the bugs in the Bug Testing forums below this one to bugs which haven't been found yet. Make sure the bug hasn't already been found first before you post it.

If you keep this up, you're just spamming. :p Either suggest ways of helping the program (NOT ROC'S FEATHER!!! XD ) ... or get to bug testing. That's why the Beta Forums are available to the public. It's to help the program advance, rather than to just go "yay" and get your shirt all wet.

punkonjunk1024
02-17-2006, 12:11 AM
But alot of us did admittantly get our shirts all wet. and our uh... well, I know something else of mine got all wet, too, but you know, that might just be me.

KJAZZ
02-17-2006, 06:27 PM
I really fail to see how Roc's Feather will improve Zelda Classic, anyway. There would have to be a lot of changes to the programming (or so is my understanding) for it to work, and you can't exactly make that many puzzles with it. Sure it would be nice to just have, but I really doubt you could do that much with it.

But hey, I've been wrong before. :shrug:

I think people would want Random Sidewarps for Lost Woods kinda things. Now that we can have multiple Sidewarps, we can make much better Lost Woods-ish places. With random sidewarps, it would make the Lost Woods so much more.. lost. :P

Revfan9
02-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Well I apologize for the fact that we are excited and have been waiting for this for years and now that it is finnaly here we want to celebrate. We are sorry we were born human.

But just to make ya happy:

Why not make the project open source? IT would get done fasta.

jman2050
02-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Auto-warp combos: 5 of them, Auto-warps A-D and random.

If an auto-warp combo is on screen, the room will warp. Maybe not particularly useful by itself, but combined with secrets and combo cycling...

EDIT - Forgot to mention that these combos use the side warp. If there are multiple Auto-warp combos on screen, the one furthest up and furthest left gets priority.

cbailey78
02-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Take your time :) I will never rush you, ever! *lays $999.99 to jman2050 as a optional tip* I think they should invent a program that will auto develop the beta so you won't have to when you feel exhausted! All you would to is let the auto beta finisher do the work for you while you are napping!

You make everybody's dreams come true and I will present you a certificate of appreciation!

CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT

This certificate is awarded to JMAN2050 for all of his work he has done for everybody throughout his life and he has never took a day off!

Awarded by cbailey78

CONGRADULATIONS JMAN2050! :D

Dark Spawn
02-17-2006, 10:10 PM
oo, try the next most popular suggestion, the roc's feather (I'm not trying to rush things, but you implemented this in one hand, so i was just thinking you could try the Roc's Feather.)

Dlbrooks33, this was probably way easier to make using the original Zelda engine, even though the GB-GBC games uses a similar if not the same engine. I think the next thing they need to work on is the Enhanced Music personally. Then Roc's Feather.

cbailey78
02-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Sorry to drift off the topic but the Roc's Feather sparked my idea:

I just don't see why the can't implement a side-scrolling just like Zelda II and Zelda Games for the GameBoy that has the side-scrolling in dungeons in the attics and the basements. All we can do is just implement a "Gravity" combo! It would be sweet and it would reach more to its full potential! Just a suggestion!

Jigglysaint
02-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Hmm, so autowarp eh? That sounds pretty useful. Personally I still like my idea of button press warps. Think, there could be some new combos that depending on what button you press, you go to a different place. Just one or 2 of those combos would do really. Better yet, how about a warp that is determined by what level sword you have? Think, with each sword you can be sent to a new place!

Sir_Johnamus
02-18-2006, 03:15 PM
I just don't see why the can't implement a side-scrolling just like Zelda II and Zelda Games for the GameBoy that has the side-scrolling in dungeons in the attics and the basements.

This could be good for more acurate Metroid quests.
Another thing that could be good is the experience level factor from Z2.

punkonjunk1024
02-19-2006, 12:21 AM
why did this turn into a suggestion thread? we have a forum for that.

Sir_Johnamus
02-19-2006, 01:21 AM
err....
Right.
Back on topic people!

the side warps are unique. Each side is set to one of the four side warps. The method of choosing it is a bit wonky at this point, but it works.
Heres an idea that makes it more user-friendly:
The tile/side warp set-up screens remain the same, except for a little drop-down menu that selects the "B","C" warps or something.

Dark Spawn
02-19-2006, 03:49 PM
BTW, does this mean it Beta 7 will be released soon?

jman2050
02-19-2006, 04:54 PM
BTW, does this mean it Beta 7 will be released soon?

Not really, no.

cbailey78
02-19-2006, 04:57 PM
The new beta will come out when it comes out! Simple as that!

skateboarder11
02-19-2006, 09:23 PM

Well, I kinda had in mind a day/night system for this. :P

And lost woods-esque areas would be pretty damn good, too.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Nice work. This is something I ALWAYS wanted when playing ZC. It pissed me off when people would put multiple houses on one screen, and they all went to the same damn place.

One thing that will get annoying is the map. When there is a side warp, you jump to a different location in the map. Not much you can do about that one...so...

Great work.

ShadowTiger
02-21-2006, 12:01 PM
One thing that will get annoying is the map. When there is a side warp, you jump to a different location in the map. Not much you can do about that one...so...Hm? Isn't that how it's supposed to work? :p I'll bet it'd be something incredibly clever of anyone to warp to the same screen via a sidewarp, yet accomplish something different and amazing in the process. :blah:

lol, I think we both don't know what the other means.

Dark Spawn
02-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Meh, looks good but so far Beta 6 is fine for my quest. I just hope they add Enhanced Music and Roc's Feather.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-22-2006, 02:41 AM
You misunderstood me. I just meant that it looked odd for there to be such a large jump and no reason for it(no indication that there was going to be one...like maybe an aura of light, or something). I just hope it is not misused it quests to create a giant labyrinth.

ShadowTiger
02-22-2006, 10:00 AM
The reasons for independent sidewarps are just about the same as any other improvement. Someone along the line may need them for a good reason, so they're there. There are a lot of little features which may not seem like they have a point, but some creative user will come along and make use of the new minor feature in such a way that it'll seem like ZC can't get along without it in the future at all.

Having each sidewarp lead to somewhere else can be used for evil purposes, (Mazes, as you said.) but if they are, they'll only detriment the quest because people will be fed up and stop playing it. That'll be their own fault. :p It can also be used for extremely good purposes, such as custom bosses, and having like, ... at least seven warps per screen, if you're clever. XD

Meh, looks good but so far Beta 6 is fine for my quest. I just hope they add Enhanced Music and Roc's Feather.1) It's not about your quest. This forum group is for testing the betas for bugs, not for hoping for improvements for your own private quests. Think of the engine as a whole, in terms of everybody. That's the mindset ZC needs right now.
2)
[08:56] <jman2050> I wish people would shut up about Roc's Feather
[08:56] <jman2050> If it happens at all, it ain't happening in 2.11

BFeely
02-22-2006, 10:47 AM
One more step to BS-Zelda emulation. When will you do that effect where the raft starts to go but circles back (when you try to access a certain area too early)?

Praethus
02-22-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm pretty sure you could already accomplish this with secrets and room state carry over.

ZTC
02-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Wow, congradulations on that incredible feat, jman
Keep up the excellent work; I can't wait for the next beta now. :D

Jigglysaint
02-22-2006, 02:43 PM
One more step to BS-Zelda emulation. When will you do that effect where the raft starts to go but circles back (when you try to access a certain area too early)?

With another effect Jman added, it should be possible. What you would do is have your loop with water tiles that have the raft flag added to them(this is a new feature), then you place secret flags in such a way that when you accomplish somthing, you trigger the secret flags for that screen, and the path straighens out. Before, it was not possible to have a raft flag disappear as the secret flag had to be there to change anything. With the new flag attribution system, a water tile can have the raft combo, then disappear when a secret is triggered.

You know, if a beta isn't released soon, I just might be tempted to do another repeat of that beta 179 incident.

Phazite
03-11-2006, 02:59 AM
I just thought of something. What happens when Link steps on two warps at the same time?

Nicholas Steel
03-11-2006, 03:12 AM
i would say nothing since neither takes priority.

Rakki
03-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Careful with what old topics you resurrect there, Link75. Anywho, since the only way you CAN walk onto two warps at once is from above or below (halfway on two combos), it SEEMS like the one on the left takes priority. Either that, or it's R>A>B>C>D. Maybe jman will elaborate more on this.

Freedom
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
I believe "A" takes priority, or so it seems from what playing I've done with it.

Scotian Gold
03-11-2006, 03:49 PM
*CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Congratulations from a relative NooB who at first thought it strange that we should not have multiple warps per screen. Now that we do, I'm glad that I designed my quest assuming that someone like you would come along and fix this issue before I was finished. My hat is off to you, sir, not only for your abilities, but for your humble nature as well.

Truth be told, this changes the nature of ZC and ZQ so much that it really could be V3.0...and I for one would be willing to make a PayPal contribution to you so that Zelda Classic does not lose your talents.

*small bow*