PDA

View Full Version : Love is in the air

ONeilcool
02-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeap its here again, VALENTINES DAY! well not quite 2 more days. To give this thread more then just "its almost valentines day" I present a question:

Is it rude to talk about your lover and how wonderful valentines day is going to be to someone who is single?

and another one...

Do you have a valentines this year? if so who?

goKi
02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I've got a girlfriend, but fuck Valentine's Day.

Beldaran
02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Valentines Day is retarded, but m girlfriend likes it so I am doing something nice for her.

Jigglysaint
02-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Finally, this day is going to actually mean somthing.

Interestingly enough, it's going to involve lots of cheese slices, and my girlfriend. This wednesday(earliest I can see her), I just might break the worlds record for the longest running boner.

tikitiki
02-12-2006, 08:23 PM
cool:googly: i am a:newbie: :newbie:

moocow
02-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi newb, please don't spam.

On topic: Valentine's Day is stupid. Girls want romance, guys want laid. Everytime I had a Valentine, I got dinner, and then the guy wanted laid. Goooo figure.

Anyhow, this guy that I've sort of been talking to wants to go get drunk on Valentine's Day. I'm thinking no, because I have to work the next day.

Cloral
02-12-2006, 10:05 PM
To answer your questions: yes, and no.

Yoshiman
02-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Interestingly enough, it's going to involve lots of cheese slices, and my girlfriend. This wednesday(earliest I can see her), I just might break the worlds record for the longest running boner.
0_o ... Cheesy.

Eh, Valentine's Day to me seems like another marketed holiday to go out and spend money on chocolates, flowers, jewelry, condoms, ect. I'd rather treat someone the same all year rather than just on a certain day.

You can tell that I don't valentine. >_>

VI3T_DR@GON
02-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Ha, I dont have one. Dont need one...yet.

gdorf
02-12-2006, 11:57 PM
I have to work in the morning then I have two tests at school. :shrug:

just another day for me.

Anthus
02-13-2006, 12:17 AM
I hate Valentines day. It is a bullshit holliday thats meaning has been lost in the wave of extortions by various companies and crap...

Even if I did have a girlfriend, I would hope she feels the same way...

Gerudo
02-14-2006, 12:41 AM
almost all holidays have lost their meaning

Christmas: people arent nice anymore, and apparently it offends people to say anything but "happy holidays".

Halloween: an excuse to sell crappy costumes not worth 1/10th of what you pay for them. you can solicitate random doors for candy any day of the year, why is there one special day set aside for it?

Thanksgiving: we gotta keep the turkey population in control somehow. for most people it's free food and football.

Valentine's Day: similar to halloween, you can (and should) express your love for that special person the other 364 days of the year, though stores generally do not have all that crappy heart shaped garbage and flowers people waste their money on.

fourth of july: most people spend a few days before hunting down illegal fireworks to blow up part of the country they live in. a good way to smoke out anyone who annoys you.

see, just a few holidays, and they are all about money. go tradition.

on-topic: no, i dont.

ONeilcool
02-14-2006, 01:51 AM
almost all holidays have lost their meaning

Christmas: people arent nice anymore, and apparently it offends people to say anything but "happy holidays".

Halloween: an excuse to sell crappy costumes not worth 1/10th of what you pay for them. you can solicitate random doors for candy any day of the year, why is there one special day set aside for it?

Thanksgiving: we gotta keep the turkey population in control somehow. for most people it's free food and football.

Valentine's Day: similar to halloween, you can (and should) express your love for that special person the other 364 days of the year, though stores generally do not have all that crappy heart shaped garbage and flowers people waste their money on.

fourth of july: most people spend a few days before hunting down illegal fireworks to blow up part of the country they live in. a good way to smoke out anyone who annoys you.

see, just a few holidays, and they are all about money. go tradition.

on-topic: no, i dont.

I found a way around all the holiday cash grabbing

Make all your stuff! That way you save money, it doesnt really matter if its crappy because "its the thought that counts", and it doesnt make you seem like a total ass

Shadowblazer
02-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Bah, you're all losers. Best holiday ever!

Gerudo
02-14-2006, 02:44 AM
ONeilcool:

no, because you have to buy the materials to "make it from scratch".

also, "the thought that counts" isnt worth shit anymore. people just say that so they dont make you feel like a total fucking idiot.

Drunken Tiger
02-14-2006, 06:46 AM
All i done was chocolates, movie and an average lunch. I got no money to do anything more, it was just like any other day when we go out, well except for the chocolates bit. But her birthdays in less that a week, so i bought her something nice. That drained my wallet.

MacWeirdo42
02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh hell... Finally get a girlfriend, and what happens? She goes off to Scotland for the semester... So once again, doing nothing on Valentine's Day. Then again, it is the one-year anniversary of me asking her out, so I guess last year sorta counted as doing something on Valentine's Day, although I had pretty much missed the day by that point (this was like at 11:00 at night - long story). Anyway, if she was here, I wouldn't probably do much in terms of spending money (ain't got money to spend, and anyway, I don't believe in all that commercial crap) - maybe cook her dinner or something.

Oh, and in response to holidays losing their meaning - yay capitalism.

Ich
02-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Happy National Singles Awareness day!

I figure this is worth sharing to make the day complete.

http://static.flickr.com/33/99796348_b32ae69e80_o.jpg

punkonjunk1024
02-14-2006, 08:45 PM
364 other days a year I love her equally as much.
Why waste the time to buy a balloon that says I love you? I'd rather spend that time as a quickie during lunch, or buying some chocolate sheerly because we like candy. *shrug* This day can blow me hard.

VT_Hokie_Fan
02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
All the girls at my high school were crying because they didn't have a Valentine. :(
To be honest, I really didn't give a fuck.

Btw Ich, that picture is hilarious.

algam86
02-14-2006, 11:50 PM
I didn't get anybody anything. I didn't really care about buying a bunch of cheesy cards for a bunch of classmates.

I think everyone else felt the same way, because I didn't get anything, either. Don't mind.

I hate Valentine's Day. It's more like 'Make All Single People Feel Bad' Day or something. And I happen to be single. Plus, it's a holiday based around -love-. I'll pass.

P.S. Really, to me, it's 'I'll Save a Bundle' Day. I don't need to buy anything, so I save about $20. Just a bonus of being by myself. :p

Machiavelli
02-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Is it rude to talk about your lover and how wonderful valentines day is going to be to someone who is single?
No. And if they have a problem with it, they shoud let you know. If you keep going after that, then it's rude.

Do you have a valentines this year? if so who?
I'm single right now, but I did recieve a few valentines gifts.

Valentines day is a nice little distraction, IMO. There's no need for single people to be bitter, or for girls to cry if they don't get a valentine. It's just not that serious of a holiday. We don't even get a day off from school for it.

punkonjunk1024
02-15-2006, 12:03 AM
I kinda got one. This one couple broke up and got in a fight, and started hitting each other with the boquet of roses and a box of chocolates. I just caught the tail end of it, but the chocolate box broke, and they both stomped off. After laughing, I proceeded to pick up and eat most of the chocolate.
The floor was my valentine.

Daarkseid
02-15-2006, 06:16 AM
Fuck valentine's day, and I hope all of you with somebody to spend it with gets dumped in the worst possible way by the time this holiday comes again.

Lilith
02-15-2006, 06:54 AM
I love Valentine's Day and I hate all you anti-holiday twats. Omfg you're so nonconformist by rebelling against capitalist calendar dates. It's fun to be happy for no reason sometimes, k? Jeeze.

I do love Valentine's Day but more in a hey-everybody-gets-presents-and-candy way than a serious romantic way. Serious romance is for personal anniversaries and moments imo. Valentine's Day is just for gifts and time with an SO if you have one, and if not it's time to exhange lots and lots of chocolate among friends. Or do both, like me.

This year: I was going to go out to breakfast but the red tide in my pants cometh and made me lose my appetite all day so I didn't. He went to work and I didn't have school. So I stayed in and read and watched the olympics with the fam, which were awesome because of James Bond. Then he came to my house at night and we exchanged gifts. I gave him chocolates, a little stuffed hedgehog and a Final Fantasy game. He gave some a pretty ring, a glass rose and some expensive Godiva chocolates which I will eat as soon as I get my appetite back. My family also got each other a ton of chocolates, a pie and a Mrs. Field's cookie cake. All in all it was pretty cool. Thanks for caring.

Also, why the fuck do I always have to resize my avatar to 100x100 even when the quality is shitty? I hate you guys.

ZTC
02-15-2006, 02:02 PM
what is this day that you're talking about? :rolleyes:

it really doesn't have any meaning to me, as I don't have a girlfriend.

Interesting fact: in Japan, the girls give choclates and such to the guys, and 2 weeks later, the reverse happens.