PDA

View Full Version : layering problems

Zelda_Warrior
02-12-2006, 01:36 PM
ok, in one of the quests im working on, one screen uses layers (actually, the whole dungeon does.) now, when i set up one of the screens of the dungeon that has a secret combo, (in the screen, you defeat all of the red darknuts to make some blocks dissapear.) and i set up secret combos like regular ones, they appear as black squares. Now if i set the secret combo graphics on the screen ith the layers, the graphic appears but it appears over link, because i have this set on layer 5.

im just asking how to make secret combos work with layers pretty much.

rocksfan13
02-12-2006, 01:52 PM
If you want an object pushable by link, you can't put it on a layer. If it's just in the way it has to be on 1 or 2.

3,4,5, and 6 are above link.

As far as I know, the only special thing you can do with secrets on layers in tiering.

Zelda_Warrior
02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
ok, what im trying to say is:

im working on dungeon #5 for oracle of holodrum, and its a city that floats in the sky thats kind of outsidish, but anyways, lets say you light a torch to make a secret stair appear to get the boss key, because thats how you get it, anyways, the key is on a ledge. Link needs the secret stair to appear to walk up there. Now, i have proper layering set up for clouds to be on that screen, set to layer 5. I'm asking how i can set up the secret combo for both the torch and the secret stairs to appear correctly. I know it can be done as i have seen it before, but how?

a simpler example would be a bombable cave in a city like in another quest im working on, but on that screen are layers for some trees.

Rakki
02-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Why don't you just set the secret combo up on the actual screen itself? It'd definately appear under Link then, and I don't see the need to set up the secret combos on a layer, either.

Shoelace
02-13-2006, 04:26 AM
I don't really understand what you are trying to say, but let me put my two cents.

Secret combos work pretty good on layers. Pretty much most of the flags do except traps, blocks, swords, and hammer flags. Another thing you need to remember which may be your problem is that the combos attubites don't work on layers. For example, direct warps and stair warps and etc. won't work if they are on a layer.

Wait, the more I read it, the most I am more confused about your question. are you asking why the graphic is above of you? If so, it is because it is on layer 5 like rockfan said. If you want the secret combos to be on a layer that is below you, put them on a different screen and put it as layer 1 or 2, so it won't be above of you.

Anyways, if I didn't answer your question, maybe provide a picture so I can understand what you are asking. Or maybe I am just tired. O_o

rocksfan13
02-13-2006, 09:20 AM
I think I got what is going to happen.

You need to change the combo on layer 5 to a see through combo and set the secret combo to apear on either the 0,1, or 2 layers and then the combo you are trying to get to will be under link.

Now, when it changes. The player will never know the difference. Only when the secret hasn't been triggered will the object be over him on layer 5. After the trigger it will appear not to have moved but only to a different layer that link can walk over.

Is this what you are tying to do?

Zelda_Warrior
02-14-2006, 08:06 PM
ok, I know what layers are above link.

also, i figured out my problem. call me stupid, but i didnt make the tile transparent, so it appeared over everything.

both of you were wrong though o.o

but it was a complicated problem