PDA

View Full Version : Timed Maps/Dmaps

firefly
02-11-2006, 07:16 PM
This could be a great idea, be able to time the Maps or the Dmaps, and after the time is finished, you will warp to the side warp, just like the timed warps in 1 screen in the screen flags menu.

Imagine all the things you could be able to do:

Time, like Majora's Mask.

Timed places, like Ganon's tower collapsing in Ocarina of Time.

Timed races and levels.

Timed games with multiple screens.

Day and Night, this could be great for temples that only open at night, or caves that only open when there's sunlight!!!.
and a lot more!!!.

EDIT: There should be a different way of warping with timed warps, rather than using side warps, this could make 3 warp types: Tile warp, Side warp and Time warp.

ZeldaLord
02-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I remember something along those lines was mentioned a long time ago, but nothing came of it then. I hope things will be different this time.

ShadowTiger
02-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Two things.

1) Technically, this should be possible (Both in the suggestion sense, and the following sense --> ) by using the Full Screen Warp. If it takes the stats of the previous screen and applies it to the present screen, then you'd think that the remaining tics would remain.

What I'd love to see though, is a visible counter onscreen though. Can't do that with combo cycling OR Animation, (I don't think.) ... ...

My primary use for such a thing would be to time a large maze to DDR's Max Climax {Period} music. It's an intensive song that gets faster and faster and faster, and ends in a bang, .. then a less than satisfying thud. It's perfect. ;-p

firefly
02-11-2006, 09:17 PM
What I'd love to see though, is a visible counter onscreen though. Can't do that with combo cycling OR Animation, (I don't think.) ... ...

There should be a screen flag that enables this in the onscreen counter, if there's a timer already... I don't think this could be that hard...

WindStrike
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Well, I suppose you could do a majora's mask sort of quest using day/night provided you go to like an inn or something. But yeah, day/night swapping over time would be much better (seiken densetsu 3!).

Kingboo30
02-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Actually you could just use a different tilewarp due to Jman catching "Revealititus"

idontknow
02-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Ah ha! Not sure if this is the way it currently works and i doubt it, but what if screens that have a 'next map' and 'next screen' determined in the screen data menu made it so that when you enter that screen, all screens linked to it would also have their counter tic down when you step on that screen, therefore linking counters together?

Essentially what timed dmaps are are sets of screens where a single counter counts down from the same time when on any screen, rather than reseting after moving across screens. Therefore, perhaps if you could link timed screen tics, then such an effect word work.

Get my drift?