PDA

View Full Version : About Secret Combos

Sephiroth
02-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Ok.. I dunno whether or not this is a complaint or a suggestion, (Or if the behavior of them has changed since alpha 5. (Can't get alpha 6 because of no internet connection at my home PC and no Flash Drive. :|)) But anyways.

On a cave dmap, permanent triggers are supposed to be permanent, right? Well, if you tier those secrets so say, a switch that causes two sets of blocks to alternate in a room should be permanent no matter how many times you hit the switch. Am I right? Well, the current behavior of this isn't like this. However, the first secret trigger is permanent, and the latter triggers are all temp, which is currently putting a halt to the design of my quest.

IE: I am designing a dungeon to use that "Room State" feature to allow global raising of one set of posts while the other set of posts are lowered, and vice verca.. (Think LTTP Where the dungeon the moon pearl is hidden in) :)

Well, I can successfully trigger it the first time, but any other secrets thereafter are not permanent. Is there a possibility of this being changed? o_O

jman2050
02-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Short answer: Use a reset combo.

Long answer: The behavior of secrets themselves haven't changed. It's still only one secret per screen, and tiered secrets after that are temporary. Whether this will change in the future we don't know. However, that's why I also programmed a reset combo. Granted, right now it's only a combo that you can step on, but you can easily make it so that the tiered secret puts a bunch of reset combos on screen, thus unsetting the permanent secret flags and restoring that room (and every room in the room state carry over set) to its original state. So the design you're suggesting isn't done by triggering secrets over and over again; it's triggered by alternating between triggered secrets and untriggered secrets. Hope this helps

Sephiroth
02-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Short answer: Use a reset combo.

Long answer: The behavior of secrets themselves haven't changed. It's still only one secret per screen, and tiered secrets after that are temporary. Whether this will change in the future we don't know. However, that's why I also programmed a reset combo. Granted, right now it's only a combo that you can step on, but you can easily make it so that the tiered secret puts a bunch of reset combos on screen, thus unsetting the permanent secret flags and restoring that room (and every room in the room state carry over set) to its original state. So the design you're suggesting isn't done by triggering secrets over and over again; it's triggered by alternating between triggered secrets and untriggered secrets. Hope this helps
o_O Well that about sums it up. Thanks jman. o_O I didn't realize that. XD (There goes quite a bit more work for me. -_-') XD