PDA

View Full Version : Boots

Dko
02-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Im sorry to ask this simple question but I can't find anything that tells me. But what do the boots do? I thought maybe you could walk over spike tiles but it doesn't seam to work

Thunderbird
02-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Boots allow you to walk over a certain type of tile without getting hurt. What the tile looks like varies with the quest you are playing. If you get hurt on a certain section of ground, you'll need the boots to pass over it unharmed. Note that you can traverse such terrain without the boots, but it causes damage (possibly heavy damage), and will probably kill you in most cases before you manage to actually cross.

Bender
02-10-2006, 02:53 AM
If the boots are not working for you, you need a magic refill. Most quests have shops where you can buy small or large magic jars, and enemies that drop magic jars when you 187 'em.

Dko
02-10-2006, 03:38 PM
would having the alpha 2.11 effect my magic usage? I don't seam tohave a magic bar.

Rakki
02-11-2006, 03:27 AM
Probably, seeing as that version is even buggier than 2.10. If you're trying to play older quests on that version, good luck, because it's best to play them with the version they were made with (I.E. version 2.10 quests on ZC version 2.10). If you're trying to play a 2.11 quest on there, then you might have to wait until the real release of 2.11 to be able to properly play that quest/demo/whatever.

erm2003
02-11-2006, 11:16 AM
If you are playing the test quest it may have the same problems as the 2.10 test quest. You can try opening the quest through ZQuest and then go under the Initial Data and change the magic settings so you can use magic. The 2.10test quest had that problem and also didn't have bombs set so you may need to double check the initial bombs setting too. If the number of bombs you can carry to start is at zero, change it to 8.

Thunderbird
02-11-2006, 04:17 PM
would having the alpha 2.11 effect my magic usage? I don't seam tohave a magic bar.

Not all quests use the magic bar. From what I can tell, the boots do not cost anything to use if you don't have a magic bar (unlike the Lens of Truth, which drains Rupees if you don't have a magic bar).