PDA

View Full Version : Sold Great Game...

VI3T_DR@GON
02-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Aaaack!! I sold Illusion Of Gaia at a garage sale for $5.99! Dear god, what have I done!? People are buying by the hundreds and thousands! I still have FF6 in Perfect condition, and Secret Of Mana, as well as many others.

firefly
02-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I once made the same mistake, with my N64 and OOT, I gave it to an $@#&* who didn't even gave me the money of it, this makes me mad because my Ocarina of Time was V1.0, darn.
Never sell your old games or consoles.

gdorf
02-09-2006, 11:59 PM
In my experience, very little money is had in collecting video games and consoles. as evidence, hundred-game packs of NES games go for very little money on ebay. I understand some old and obscure consoles are worth a little, but it seems like consoles and games don't hold there value at all.

The most rare game I have is operation secret storm. There is nothing like laying the smackdown to Saddam Hussein (the final boss) in 8-bit sidescroller goodness. But still, I think its only worth like $10 :shrug:

vegeta1215
02-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

If all my favorite Squaresoft games are available on the Revolution via the Virtual Console, I don't know whether I'll sell my original carts. I'm sure I could get quite a bit of money for them. I have Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, and Super Mario RPG.

Grasshopper
02-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Yeah, thats the truth. You have these people wanting to collect things because its worth lots of money. Like trading cards. I look at them and say "To who? I wouldn't buy it":googly: