PDA

View Full Version : Error: Not a custom quest

Vinchenz
02-08-2006, 08:22 PM
How come I'm getting this message? I just want to test to see if the things I've done so far work properly... does it have to be finished first in order to play it? My quest is in a completely different folder than the other quests. Also, I'm using the GBC graphics (Wanted to use BS graphics but it required a password). Maybe I didn't position Link correctly? I used the DMap to position him, but I don't know how to position him on a tile...

Nimono
02-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Go to the Header for your quest. Check the Quest Number. If it's greater than 0, put it at 0. 0 is for Custom quests. If you set it higher than 0, it's not a custom quest, and you can't upload it in ZC.

And to position Link on a tile, press Page Down ONCE (or as many as needed to find the 5 squares). Choose the Green one for where Link starts when you start the game or when he enters a DMap with a level # of 1 or higher. Blue is for where Link exits a cave or Entrance/Exit warp on a DMap level #0 (overworld).

Vinchenz
02-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Alright that worked but how do I get Link to go to a certain cave/dungeon, rather than the one where the old man is usually in?

Nimono
02-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Go to the Data menu and click on Tile Warp (for any warp associated with tiles) or Side warp (for warps associated with going off the side of the screen). In this menu, you can set the location the warp takes you and what type of warp you want. Entrance/Exit is the best warp for entering and exiting a dungeon. Passageway is mainly used in dungeons. Cave/Item room DOES NOT use the warp location, as it takes you to screen 80 of the current map. Once you enter/ext a DMap, you set a Green/Blue tile one the screen you warp to. Now, if the tile you're using to warp with has the Direct Warp combo, you DO NOT set a Green or Blue square (on page 2 of the submenu at the bottom of ZQuest) on the screen you warp to.

EDIT: Oh, and before you say thank you: You're welcome.

Vinchenz
02-08-2006, 09:02 PM
But I wasn't going to say thank you, I was going to say thank you very much!

Yeah, thanks a billion ^_^

Nimono
02-08-2006, 09:05 PM
:laughing: Like I said before, you're welcome.

Vinchenz
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
More trouble... how do I get to the strings to appear? It's on a DMap, and when I select it, it doesn't work. Neither do guys. Any ideas what's going on?

Also... when I slash a bush it turns into a rock... that's really not going to work.

Wind Fish
02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey, sorry if you've seen this message a hundred times, but this tutorial seems to cover everything you're asking about: It covers everything from mazes to dungeons to raft puzzles. Enjoy!

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=88488

Nimono
02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Okay, about the strings:
Make the strings in the string editor. Then, set the Guy and string you want on the screen you want them to appear on (make sure the warp is Cave/Item room for Overworlds. No warp is needed for DMaps with Level numbers.). When you enter the cave/room, the string and guy should appear.

To change the tile that appears when you slash a Slash, Slash>Item, Bush, Flower, or Tall Grass combo (or push a push combo/flag), set an undercombo.