PDA

View Full Version : 32 pixels

codelinker
02-07-2006, 05:31 PM
I think we should have 32 pixels, for drawing tiles. It would give you more room to draw what you want, as for making so many different tiles just to make one. Am I making any since here?

ShadowTiger
02-07-2006, 05:36 PM
I think that's hardcoded. It'd be nice, but it's something we can do without. Believe it or not, we really can do without this.

Besides, this is such a tremendously large scope to consider here. EVERYTHING is governed by pixels. To change the dimensions of every single graphic in the entire program would be the single largest change ZC has seen since Combo Animation, or Combo Cycling, or the removal of Combo Pages.

One little thing at a time. :p

jman2050
02-07-2006, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't mind making it so you could edit a 32x32 area of pixels... editing 4 tiles at once might be convininent at times.

Not a priority though.

ShadowTiger
02-07-2006, 05:45 PM
You know what would be very nice though? The ability to edit the same 16x16 area of pixels, but being able to see one tile in all eight directions as well. Imagine how useful that would be for comparison purposes! Of course, the usual Ctrl+Direction keys would still work. (Hopefully they wouldn't lag as much too. :p )

(Yeah, when you do Ctrl+Direction, there's a reasonable chance that it'll lag, then "build" on itself, and look at a different tile like, 20 tiles away. It's like stepping on a firehose for a minute, then letting go. You know what'll happen. :p )