PDA

View Full Version : Rockman & Forte SNES SFC For Sale

MottZilla
02-06-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm selling my copy of Rockman & Forte. It's complete and lightly used. I put it up for bid on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8257793751

Perhaps some Mega Man fans here might be interested.

Also I have a Playstation RockMan X3 disc for sale, not on eBay or anything yet. It's disc only in a replacement jewel case. 20$+shipping if anyone is interested in that. I'm just trying to clear out some things. I have other stuff to sell too but nothing Mega Man related.

DarkFlameWolf
02-06-2006, 10:27 PM
thank god you kept the box and manual. The box, I can understand. But what I don't understand is how every person selling games out there, NEVER HAS THE MANUAL!!!! Do they just throw them away upon getting the game or what?! Do they not realize that having the manual when you re-sell ups its value?! Ijits!

Vagla
02-07-2006, 01:33 AM
I still have a new copy of Rockman & Forte that I got on eBay way back when. Any particular reason why you're selling this? It's definitely an excellent MM game.

MottZilla
02-07-2006, 02:14 AM
It is an excellent game, however I need the money. I wish to buy some arcade game CPU Boards. And I need to build a setup to actually play JAMMA arcade games. Rockman & Forte is quite a nice collection piece but I don't really haev that much desire to keep it. If I ever want to play it again I can emulate it. *shrugs*

However someone without these options or someone that's a collector would definitely enjoy this item.

DFW, I totally agree, throwing away the box and manual is a stupid thing to do. It definitely lowers the value when it lacks them.

Vagla
02-07-2006, 05:01 AM
Oooohhh, a JAMMA setup. Nice. I currently have 19 games, most of which are both good and fairly cheap. I recommend keeping an eye out for the TMNTurtles games, Smash TV and Total Carnage (for these, you'll need to get a 4PDT so you can flip a switch to make it so that the second player joystick is used as the first player's second joystick), Tetris Plus 2, and Black Tiger. Definitely some quality games, and their prices don't tend to be above $50. Er, well, maybe Turtles in Time is pricer, but I don't know about that one; I got mine for $50. I *think* I've seen it as high as $100.

Are you going to be building a cabinet, or some sort of supergun? If the former, you could always pick up a complete cabinet for a fair price; my SDB cab was less than $100. *shrugs*

MottZilla
02-08-2006, 02:33 AM
I plan on building a SuperGun since I can't really put a cabinet in my room, and there's no where else I'd put one. I've already got a RGB to NTSC encoder ordered as well as a JAMMA harness and an extra PC Power Supply I can use. It's certainly going to be interesting building this thing. If you have any tips man let me know.

Thus far I've spent about 90$ for just the harness and video encoder. That leaves currently about 30 bucks or so for anything else. I'm gonna have to build a case or make one out of something to house the Supergun. I have some options of a Sega Saturn case or PSX case. The Saturn case might be workable. PSX could be a stretch. I'm going to have to buy various things though like either DB15 pin or DB25 pin connectors for the controllers and controller ports. I think I may need a couple of fuses, couple of fuse holders, stripboard, some wire maybe. We will see.

Later on like when I have my own place, I wanna get a huge cabinet. =) There's alot of game boards I want, thus far I own two. Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting, and a NeoGeo MVS Motherboard and KoF99' MVS cartridge for it. The NeoGeo stuff is in the process of shipping still. I can think of several games I'd want to get though. Metal Slug on NeoGeo, all of them would be nice. Puzzle Bobble/Bust-a-Move on NeoGeo. Probably some others. I'd want to get a Capcom System 2 motherboard and several games such as Super Street Fighter 2, Mega Man Power Battle/Power Fighters, Street Fighter Alpha (1-3), 1944 Loop Master, probably others. Also I want to get Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat 2. I'd like to get a copy/bootleg Mortal Kombat board too as they are on a single PCB rather than having a seperate sound board. Only problem is copy boards don't have the notch for the JAMMA connector "key". I'm sure I could think of some more. Like I want a Taito System F3 with Puzzle Bobble, Darius Gaiden, and Elevator Action 2. =)

I really like arcade games, and wanna collect them. Unlike console games which I find too plain/boring to bother collecting. Just something about arcade games.

Anyways, I knew there was someone on AGN that was into arcade PCBs like me. I couldn't remember who but now I know. So what does your collection look like?

Vagla
02-08-2006, 10:30 PM
My arcade game list is as follows:

Black Tiger
Break Thru
Desert Assault (4p)
Final Fight
KLAX
Last Duel
Logic Pro 2
Mr. Driller
Ninja Gaiden
Puyo Puyo
Silk Worm
Smash TV
Sunset Riders (4p)
Super Dodge Ball
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (2p)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (4p)
Tetris (Atari)
Tetris Plus 2
Total Carnage

I only have one arcade cabinet (a Super Dodge Ball one, converted from Missile Command, I think), and two marquees beside SDB (Mr Driller, Total Carnage, but the latter is falling apart). I have a bunch of sideart, but none for any of the games I own. I think my Last Duel board is noteworthy, since it was one of the first made. While some of my other boards are in the hundreds of thousands, this one is within the first 150 or so, which is neat. Cool game, but it's a pain to play it since I don't yet have any 4PDTs to rotate controls so I can better play vertical games on my horizontal cabinet. ;)

Regarding what games are good, I recommend most of those in my list, but Ninja Gaiden and Silk Worm are among the worst. Mr Driller is pretty cool, especially since it's a modern game that you can find at a good price. It's a fun puzzle game, but there's not much variety. I need to get my hands on the latest MD games, since those are more varied. *shrugs*

MottZilla
02-09-2006, 02:50 AM
How much did you pay for Ninja Gaiden? I'd buy it off you if you don't like it. ;) Several of your PCBs are games I particulary like (not trying to get you to sell any of them). I've played Mr.Driller on other systems and thought it was pretty neat.

Vagla
02-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I bought my Ninja Gaiden for $10 or $20 (I think it was $10). It's not an amazing game (and nothing like the NES game), but it's fun enough for me to not want to sell it. The biggest problem is that I don't have a proper control setup for it, so once I do get proper controls for it, I'll definitely be playing it more. :P

I'm really happy with my collection, though there are a ton more that I want to buy. One thing you should note is that you shouldn't buy just any board that comes up on eBay. If you watch for a while, you can usually get a really good price (I saved some $50 on my Turtles in Time board at the time by watching for a while, for example). Only try to buy right away if the board is especially rare. *shrugs*

If you want to get a Ninja Gaiden board, you should be able to find it on eBay for a low price. There's one on eBay right now for $19; I expect it wouldn't get much higher than that (though you might want to find out the shipping price before bidding). That board also looks very clean, whereas mine was shockingly dirty; it even had some black goo on it I had to clean off. I don't understand how people let these boards get so dirty. Ugh. :P Paying a bit more for a board that's clearly very clean is definitely a good idea, since it's much more likely to last.

MottZilla
02-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Well I don't have any money I wanna spend on games right now, everything I have is for Supergun parts. I do know what you're talking about with eBay and how timing can make a big difference. For example my Neo Geo MVS board was perfect timing.

Anyways, I've only got somewhere around 30 or 40 bucks left to finish my rig. Right now I have bought the Video Encoder, already have the Power Supply, bought the Joysticks and Push Buttons, and the jamma harness. I mainly need misc things like wire, crimping things, and connectors. That and some wood.

MottZilla
02-11-2006, 10:44 PM
The Auction is almost over. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8257793751

Anyways, I got joysticks and push buttons today. I still need the jamma harness before I can really start doing much of anything.

Quick question Valga, with my Push Buttons the microswitches have 2 pins (each with a hole in them near the center). Anyways my question is, it doesn't matter which pin I use, just that I hook up the ground to one of them, and the button/joy input wire to the other correct? I haven't found much in the ways of detailed wiring instructions.

Vagla
02-12-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm not sure, honestly. While I have indeed replaced microswitches in my cabinet before, I simply soldered the wires to the exact same place on the new ones that they were on the old ones without bothering to look at where each wire goes (they all get bunched together into a single large bunch of wires, since the inside of my cabinet is fairly organized). I also can't check right now, since I'm several hours from home. If I see any of my arcade friends around, I'll ask them about it and let you know what they say. :)

MottZilla
02-12-2006, 04:00 AM
Thanks man. Right now the only way I seem the button itself (and the joysticks) are as a simple circuit that when pressed joined the circuit connecting whatever is connected to the 2 pins, thus, it wouldn't matter if the ground and input are on any particular pin so long as they are on their own pin they get connected when the switch is pushed down.

Still waiting on my harness. I also got my NeoGeo MVS board today. =) It's alot bigger than I thought it'd be. Easily bigger than my SF2 Hyper Fighting. And I thought THAT was big. =)

Vagla
02-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Some of the boards are rather large. I have several double-deckers, as well as even a triple decker or two. It's pretty interesting, really; so much was used for those older games. Kind of a waste. ;)

DarkFlameWolf
02-12-2006, 11:40 AM
well, I'm currently stuck on level 2 of King's fortress for both characters. It really is insanely hard.

Masamune
02-12-2006, 12:20 PM
I got to King with both characters and just gave up. -_-

MottZilla
02-18-2006, 02:55 AM
This is now the arcade gamer thread. ;p Since i've sold my R&F already.

Vagla, I've started building my Jamma SuperGun! And infact I now have power, sound, and video! Only need controllers and a nice case and it'll be complete! I gotta figure out whats with my NeoGeo board though, and how you get Stereo sound from it. Or sound at all for that matter as I had no luck tapping any from it. Tomorrow I'll be working on controllers. =)