PDA

View Full Version : Strings without Guys

Nimono
02-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I want to make a cave where you see a message string in each room, and you can continue north after each message. However, I know for a fact that if there's a guy in the room, you can't go to the north part of the room unless the room type is feed the goriya or Level 9 Entrance and you make the Guy disappear. I also know that the "Fire" guy is supposed to be invisible. If I use this guy, can I still go to the north part of the room?

Nicholas Steel
02-04-2006, 08:43 PM
use freeform dungeons...

Nimono
02-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh... I don't exactly like that rule, and I rarely use it. Besides, I was going to use it for a Cave-type DMap.

algam86
02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
You can probably make a tile that warps you to a different screen with the message string on it. Then when you walk off, it warps you back to the original screen. That way, you could see the message as many times as you wanted to.

...plus, I don't think there's any other way to go north in a room with a message unless you make the guy disappear...You could give him something little, like a rupee or something.

Nimono
02-04-2006, 09:03 PM
I decided not to have that in my quest. The message was supposed to be "Turn back..." and I wanted to make it seem like a ghost was trying to scare you off from the item it has. The tile warp idea would make it bad, since no one would want to see that message AT ALL....

Nicholas Steel
02-04-2006, 11:14 PM
you could make it impossible to not walk on the warp tile by making a line of them.

Rakki
02-05-2006, 05:52 AM
Unless you make the guy disappear, or use the tile warp trick, there is no way to go north in a message string room. Personally, I think the warp tile trick sounds like the best one. You don't HAVE to make it that the player sees the message as many times as they want, either. You could make it a one-way tile warp that makes the message "disappear" once you step into the room.