PDA

View Full Version : Alphadawg's Third Zelda or Zelda Three

gjb020776
02-04-2006, 10:18 AM
So, has anyone beat this version? Are there any screenshots? How about a tutorial? Where's the whistle?

Nicholas Steel
02-04-2006, 10:38 AM
*ignore this post*

gjb020776
02-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks, that was helpful.

LinkMaster500
02-05-2006, 11:07 AM
The Whistle is in Level 4. If you haven't found the level yet, it's in the screen where you found the Magical Sword in the Second Quest.

gjb020776
02-07-2006, 03:20 PM
OK, I'm stuck on level six. Does the ladder come before this level or in it?

revcort
03-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey Linkmaster, where is the power bracelet in ALPHA quest?

Also, are there any walkthroughs available? I saw a link to AlphaDog's walkthroughs, but they no longer exist apparently.

If these no longer exist, do you think you could post some info here for me? I'm stuck in level 2 of all places and I have this funny feeling that I missed something in level 1. I found the magic book in level one, but still don't have a boomerang. Any help would be much appreciated.

rocksfan13
03-08-2006, 11:45 AM
OK, I'm stuck on level six. Does the ladder come before this level or in it?
It's in that dungeon.

Hey Linkmaster, where is the power bracelet in ALPHA quest?

Also, are there any walkthroughs available? I saw a link to AlphaDog's walkthroughs, but they no longer exist apparently.

If these no longer exist, do you think you could post some info here for me? I'm stuck in level 2 of all places and I have this funny feeling that I missed something in level 1. I found the magic book in level one, but still don't have a boomerang. Any help would be much appreciated.

The boomerang doesn't come until level 4.

The power braclet is one screen south of the graveyard. Bomb the wall.

As far as a walk thru. I mapped out the whole quest levels. I can copy it and send it to you. I tells pretty much where everything is and the dungeon maps. I just didn't do the overworld.

revcort
03-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey rocksfan13, that would be awesome.

If you can, e-mail that to [email protected]

Thanks man.

By the way, I bombed a few times in that screen below the graveyard last night but never got any passages to open. I bet I just ran out of bombs before I hit the right spot. So close. Oh well, thanks for that info too.

So, no boomerang until level 4, eh? AlphaDog was just being mean to us, wasn't he? That makes things quite a bit harder.

Thanks again for the info. I greatly appreciate it.

LinkMaster500
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Actually in this quest, the Boomerang is in Level 3. It is in the leftmost room on the map, and technically you can get it from the start of the game as it does not require any the items in Levels 1 and 2. You must kill some Blue Darknuts to get it.

revcort
03-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks LinkMaster

The info is much appreciated. I got through level 2 and felt like a dufus for missing that movable block. It was in one of those rooms that has three sets of those things that slide together and hit you when you enter the room. I think I bombed or attempted to fade through every single wall in that dungeon before finally trying to move that stone.

I also found the bracelet below the graveyard and the entrances to alot of levels. Almost every single above ground screen has something that can be bombed, burned, or whistled to open a door.

I haven't found the entrance to level 3 yet- I don't think, but I did get the whistle from level 4. (which is where the magic sword was in quest #2) I like this quest, but man is it a tough one. I'm looking forward to finally getting a boomerang.

revcort
03-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey guys- I found level 3. It is in the graveyard- top right graveyard screen where the magical sword was in Quest #1. I should have known that. I'm currently working on level 4 with some difficulty. From the looks of this level, I'm going to need the ladder to get through one area.

Does anyone know if the ladder is in this level, or possibly I missed it in level 3?

LinkMaster500
03-10-2006, 01:04 AM
The Ladder is not necessary to beat Level 4. It's in Level 6.

vegeta1215
03-10-2006, 11:30 AM
There are a lot of old threads about the Official Third Quest, so you may be able to search the forums for answers to your questions. Also check out AlphaDawg's website for hints on how to find each item/dungeon etc. http://host05.ipowerweb.com/~alphadaw/zc/main.html#quests

Nicholas Steel
03-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Oh My God Alphadawgs Site!!! Wtf How The Hell Did You Find It?

revcort
03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
vegeta, you are awesome!

Thanks for the link. Now perhaps I won't go crazy trying to beat this quest.

LinkMaster500
03-12-2006, 03:55 PM
After you beat this quest, if you want a greater challenge, you might want to try the Unofficial Fourth Quest by Glenn the Great, which is even more difficult than this one.

revcort
03-13-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm on level 9 of alphadawg's quest and it is insane!

I've found the silver arrow and the red ring, but I keep hitting dead ends that send me back to the beginning. I thought I had it figured out, went through a huge number of enemies, found a hidden passage, but it was just another portal back to the beginning. It's nuts!

Has anyone beat this thing and knows the secret to get to Gannon on level 9?

LinkMaster500
03-14-2006, 08:24 PM
I can tell you that there are no special secrets to this level (other than bombing and walking through walls)

Did you get the map of Level 9 from AlphaDawg's site. If so, what other rooms on the map (other than Ganon's) have you not yet reached?

revcort
03-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks again linkmaster...

I just finished level 9 and Alphadawg's quest. It was a tough one. There were many times where I would reach a dead end and have to go to the beginning. Anyway, I was on the right track last night, but I went one room too far. The room that is the key to getting to Gannon is in the lower right-hand portion of the level. 3 rows from the left and 2 rows from the bottom, if memory serves. You have to push a brick on the left side of the screen that you wouldn't ordinarily think about pushing. That staircase takes you to a room that isn't even on the map, which leads to 5 more rooms not on the map on the upper left of the screen. The last room there takes you to about 5-6 rooms on the upper right hand side of the screen that aren't on the map either.

There is even one final decision you have to make to get to gannon. You can go up or right. In this case, go right. If you go up, you will have to go back to the beginning. Go right and you're fighting Gannon. This is when I double checked AlphaDawg's map to be sure.

By the way, you will need meat on level 9. Also, you'll need to get ready to fight with your magic wand- there is almost no way to avoid losing your sword. You'll also need to have plenty of bombs because the wizrobes aren't damaged by the magic wand- only bombs will hurt them. (or you could use a potion to get your sword back)

Anyway, my compliments to AlphaDawg on this quest. It was very challenging and ALOT of fun.

vegeta1215
03-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Forgot to mention I beat the Official Third Quest a long time ago, without the help of AlphaDawg's site. I had a lot of practice playing his Unofficial Third quest (he happened to use some tricks from the U3Q in the O3Q) ;)

Ibsu
03-20-2006, 07:47 AM
For some reason, I can't find level five! I've found levels seven and eight, but not five and six.

I looked at Alphadawg's site, but it seems that one of the heart containers is wrong, as is the faq for level five. Can anyone help me with the entrance?

LinkMaster500
03-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Have you found the Whistle yet? You need it to open Level 5. Use it in the Lost Woods screen.

You will need the treasure of Level 5 to get to Level 6.

Cloral
03-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I only got as far as level 7 on this quest. The room where you have to fight the Gohma while standing one space beneath it just pissed me off too much. So my hat's off to any of you who've managed to beat this quest.

LinkMaster500
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
I have beaten this quest, and yes that Gohma room in Level 7 is tough. Definitely have two potions.

judyk
03-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I am going crazy with level 7. I have the map, compass, candle and wand. I have tried to push through every wall, pushed every brick, bombed bricks, and bombed walls it seems like about 10 times so far in each room. I know I need to get into the last 3 rooms below the "keys". I also figure I need to get into the 2nd column from the left 3rd up room but I just can't figure out how. Please help!!

LinkMaster500
03-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Are you sure you tried pushing every block? There is one passage that you missed. I think it's one room you didn't thoroughly check is the room six screens up and three east of the entrance. Try pushing the blocks in that room. That will lead you eventually to the rooms you haven't accessed yet, and then the Triforce.

rocksfan13
03-21-2006, 11:14 AM
I have beaten this quest. That gohma was pretty tough, but is misleading, if I remember correctly.

I believe LinkMaster500 is correct here.

judyk
03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Thank you so much. I found out that I was pushing the block to the right instead of up. I knew there was some way to get to the stairs but pushing the block to the right blocked the entrance. You can't believe how many times I have gone through every room thinking there might be another secret. Thanks again.