PDA

View Full Version : Beta Question..

Mario's Hat
02-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Will there ever be more Dmaps? I remember someone saying something about that a while back... Is it even possible without a major engine rewrite? Or is debugging the current features more important?

firefly
02-03-2006, 06:44 PM
What? do you need more than 255 Dmaps?, well, maybe on a future version, and I think that debugging the current features is more impotant than this, we dont want another buggy version, such as 2.10. :)

Mario's Hat
02-03-2006, 06:58 PM
I personally don't need them, (I still haven't figured out zquest - no patience,) but I know that some quests were put on indefinite hold due to Dmap constraints(namely Sabotage Dragoon.) I've just been wondering about it for a while is all.

*b*
02-03-2006, 08:13 PM
acually, more DMaps are, or were, being considered by the developers, because so many people were complaining about how few we have

however, I doubt I'll ever need over 255 DMaps. regular maps, however, would be nice to have more of, because I use layers like I breather air

Dart Zaidyer
02-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Why add more maps when you can cut out the wasteful runaround needed to pull off all the tricks that eat them up? Have you noticed that at present, more features are being put together to do just that?

*b*
02-04-2006, 03:12 AM
I'm not talking about adding more maps for features, I'm talking about adding more maps for more areas to explore. if I had my way, I'd make a game using 255 maps simply for base maps, and at least triple that for layers