PDA

View Full Version : Snapshots, tutorial?

firefly
02-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Huh, I'm having this problem.
I can't take a snapshot in Zquest while the secret combos menu is open!!!, and I don't know how to take a snapshot of the entire screen (the destkop), and I don't know where are they placed, I think you need to press "Print Screen", but I don't know where are the images placed, help, I'm making a small tutorial of Zquest and I want it as illustrated as possible.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
either when you press printscreen it stores it in the place you have zelda classic installed in or it is just stores in memory meaning you need to paste the image into mspaint or better program.

firefly
02-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks, using F12 in ZQuest with a menu open won't let you take the snapshot.

Edit: When I press printscreen with ZQ in fullscreen mode, I get a weird black image, how can I fix this?.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2006, 07:30 PM
dunno

Questwizard88
02-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Try this little screencap program called Screenshooter. I was able to take correct screenshots from anywhere in ZQ with it. Works great if I need to get a screenshot of something in ZQ quickly and easily.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Screenshooter/1055095577/1

firefly
02-02-2006, 10:06 PM
When I take a snapshot with the screenshoter, the image is black if it is a .png, the image is green and the colors are all scrambled if it is a .bmp, and a jpeg will scramble all the colors, no, the colors are not inverted, and I can't seem to figure this out.

ShadowTiger
02-02-2006, 11:23 PM
dunno... ... ... so ... ... ... why did you post? O.o'

What you do is, leave Fullscreen mode via Etc-->Fullscreen, then take your picture of the Secret Combos screen, when ZQuest is out of focus and everything else is minimized. Thus, only ZQuest is visible, along with the desktop, and the focus is on the desktop, rather than on ZQuest, so it takes a picture of it. Take your Printscreen from there.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2006, 11:37 PM
i posted because he/she was asking me directly