PDA

View Full Version : OgreBattle

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 01:48 PM
I am a huge fan of these games, I think they go into alot of detail concerning your actions and the results of them, plus they are not your traditional RPG's but are extreamly well thought out and are more in debth then tons of other games!

anyone else here a fan of Ogre Battle?

ZTC
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
never really heard of it, what systems has this been released for?
and how does to compare to an RPG like Final Fantasy or Phantasy Star?

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 02:09 PM
its been out for SNES, N64, Playstation, Genisis, GBA

Get a SNES emulator and try it out, most of the games are the same style but for the playstation and GBA there are OgreBattle Tactics games also...

ZTC
02-02-2006, 02:11 PM
thanks, but that still doesn't answer my second question...

is it similar to any other major RPG series out there?

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 02:19 PM
no not at all, its squad based you have no control over who they attack other then telling them what their battle tactics are per squad, you put togeather units of different classes of charicters to complement the other individuals in the squad and you build a army... each persons stats are kept independent and you are able to upgrade a persons class to be something more powerfull ie a amazon can become a witch/cleric/valkrie and each of thouse can become more powerfull...

same with all the other classes

ZTC
02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
hmm... that kind of reminds me of Myth 2: Soulblighter; though, you have individual unit control. Now I'll definitely try the games.

Aegix Drakan
02-03-2006, 09:18 AM
I played the SNES version, and I like it. I just quit at thihis point because for some reason I keep losing money day by day. Also, could yuo tell me what that little bar under the Day/night counter is? cuz' it's rock bottom right now...

Pryme8
02-03-2006, 10:30 AM
that is your reputation, it affects what happens through out the game, its how people feel about you... the ending to the game is affected alot by this, also the units you get and the amount of money you get...

you have to make sure you use straigy and not force people dont like it when you become uber powerfull to quick!

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/ogrebattle/

Tygore
02-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I've only played Tactics Ogre for GBA, which is really great.

gdorf
02-03-2006, 12:54 PM
I've always wanted to play this series. I used to read about it but I've never picked it up. Maybe I'll buy the psx version on ebay.