PDA

View Full Version : Variation on a theme

Beldaran
02-02-2006, 05:12 AM
I've heard this joke told about other things, and in other ways, but it's appropriate for this coming weekend:

In a school just outside of Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher explained to her class that she is a Steeler's fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they were Steeler's fans too. Not really knowing what a Steeler's fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all went up into the air. However, there was one exception. A little boy named Timmy had not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asked him why he had decided to be different .. "Because I am not a Steeler's fan" says Timmy.

The teacher then asked, "What are you?"

Timmy said "I'm a Seahawk's fan."

The teacher was a little perturbed now, her face slightly red, she asked Timmy why he was a Seahawk's fan.

"Well, my mom and dad are Seahawk's fans so I'm a Seahawk's fan too."

The teacher was now angry. "That's no reason" she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?"

Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steeler's fan."

GO SEAHAWKS!!!! :-)

http://www.screensavershot.com/sports/seahawks.jpg

http://www.billdaniels.com/stevelargentgla.jpg

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/images/060122alexander-no1.jpg

http://www.nflticketsnow.com/images/seattel.gif

http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/seattle_seahawks_helmet.gif

biggiy05
02-02-2006, 06:01 AM
I have seen this a few times and it's still funny.

I think the Seahawks are gonna take the win.

moocow
02-02-2006, 09:50 AM
I think the Seahawks will win because one of my bosses says so, and for some strange reason, he's always right. At least about football, anyway.

ShadowTiger
02-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Heh heh; Cute, Beldaran. :p Thanks for the joke.

I'm one of those people that just can't appreciate football for what it is. Good luck to whoever the heck you want to win this season.

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 12:41 PM
^_^ haha, some teachers that i had would get offended if you said you dident like what ever team they did...

ShadowTiger
02-02-2006, 01:04 PM
^_^ haha, some teachers that i had would get offended if you said you dident like what ever team they did...
That happened to me through out most of High School. It was a constant, uphill battle for me to walk through the halls without being asked "Who's your favorite team?" Half the time I didn't even know one or more of the choices WAS a team. http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_freak.gif I'm sure you see why that would be ackward, ... ... I even had a teacher who was collecting bets for the Superbowl that year. Everyone who picked the winning team would get five points of extra credit on their homework grade. I think he was fired that year too, but I never found out what for.

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 01:05 PM
its kinda like the kiddies on here, if you dont agree with them your a idiot and they all swarm like a bunch of flys on a peince of shit...

ShadowTiger
02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
its kinda like the kiddies on here, if you dont agree with them your a idiot and they all swarm like a bunch of flys on a peince of shit...Eh. I can see where you might see that, but it tends to be different in more generic social hangouts such as High School. In High School, there aren't any "Upper groups" and "Lower groups" that you want to side with. There are just groups. It's much more individualized there, as some of your friends may side with one team, whereas others may side with another team. What you're talking about in regard to AGN, I can only assume, everyone up there already agrees on one generic pattern of behavior. In the High School setting, it's much, much more individualized. You can't walk around without getting asked who your favorite team is, and possibly getting shunned by your beliefs. You're not trying to suck up to a group or anything like that at all. You're just trying to remove personal face with the least amount of people possible.

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 01:11 PM
o_O haha yha, im glad ive been out of High school for a couple years now, real life is so much better then what i thought life was about when i was a student...

ShadowTiger
02-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Well, as you know, many High Schoolers aren't mature enough yet (Though some are, thankfully.) to know that their words and inquiries actually put a person through some tough decisions and thoughts. IMHO, it's far better to just flag yourself with whatever team you want to associate yourself with, if any, and allow others to flock to you, rather than you extending yourself to potentially sports-less individuals and get them all red-faced with the question of bloody doom.

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 01:20 PM
^_^ haha thats why ive got what i have in my signature...

I smoke weed and newports, and i drink jegar bombs on the fridays or saturdays (i dont drink on work nights)

I dont give a fuck if someone thinks im dumb because I do thouse things.

ShadowTiger
02-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Well, IMHO, you can do incredibly dumb things, but still be perceived as an idol to someone else. It's all in how you present yourself, I think.

Hell, ... I think, even if you're caught drinking, but you never say anything, people can still see some sort of spark of intelligence in your eyes by not saying anything. You retain whatever initial perception of speech that others see, without spoiling it by saying something stupid.

This thread has definitely derailed, but, ... ... who cares? Intelligent discussion, people! Huzzah!

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 01:34 PM
jsut becaues someone does something that others can consider unintelegent does not make them sutch... Just because I smoke weed and get drunk does not mean i do not have anything important to say.

Mainly because you dont know why the person does thouse things... I used to have a temper problem, weed is a way for me to control this problem.

and i drink for shits and giggles

for someone to say I am a idiot for doing thouse things is funny because i say they are an idiot for assuming that...

Meet someone in real life before you talk about their person, unless they spoke about your first...

Rainman
02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Go Steelers!

MacWeirdo42
02-02-2006, 01:43 PM
*sigh* I've never really particularly understood spectator sports in general... Just seem boring and repetitive to me *dodges bricks from sports fans*. lmao though, that joke was great. I've actually got a couple of friends who are totally obsessed with sports... Great people, just don't try to talk to them on Sundays during football season. *shrugs* Just never saw what all the fuss was about. Moving on...

ZTC
02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
That reminds me of all the crap I have to put up with being a Packers fan here in Illinois
Living close to the Bears traning camp, I get harassed semi-frequently; with once in awhile somebody wanting to start a fight. (damn bastards...)

Pryme8
02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
I hate going to football games live, I only like watching it on the TV o_O am i the only one who feels that way?

Beldaran
02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Go Steelers!

Booooo! :)

*sigh* I've never really particularly understood spectator sports in general... Just seem boring and repetitive to me *dodges bricks from sports fans*. lmao though, that joke was great. I've actually got a couple of friends who are totally obsessed with sports... Great people, just don't try to talk to them on Sundays during football season. *shrugs* Just never saw what all the fuss was about. Moving on...

The notion of setting up organized challenges that push humans to compete with one another and draw out the best in themselves in various capacities is very deeply ingrained in the average human psyche.

Personally, I enjoy following sports because I'm inspired by the way people strive for and attain success, breaking down obstacles and redefining what people are capable of, even if it's a non-productive activity like football. The human body, or mind for that matter, at play is the rocket fuel of inspiration and progress for our society, in my opinion.