PDA

View Full Version : Guy Editor?

Nightmare
02-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I read this in another post, and I echo my sentiments:

I know custom enemies can be a pain in the ass, but can we at least have custom guys? There have been SO many times (especially D-EX) where I was stuck with the defaults and it didn't work.

Can we do something about this?

-James

Nicholas Steel
02-01-2006, 10:02 PM
yea add more guys and then make it we can customise them.

firefly
02-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I know you know this already, but why not to use an invisible guy and then just place it in the screen.
And I agree with having more guys, but how about making them MISC:XXXX(name of guy) so we can animate them?, I think this could be useful in some ways...

Nicholas Steel
02-01-2006, 10:30 PM
agreed and thanks for the tip.

Shoelace
02-02-2006, 05:44 AM
What I really want is to have a guy named "Invisible". And when you check that guy, there would be no sound, and no smoke. That would be a lot better, so you wouldn't have to see the smoke and hear that sound anymore. However, at the same time, the other guys are there for the Z1 people. :P

rocksfan13
02-02-2006, 03:08 PM
That would be great.

I know some people take out the spawn sprite for their intros so they don't have the cloud come up every time a new phrase is stated. But by doing that they also take out the enemy spawns as well.

My suggestion is for just this reason. Separate them and you can have no spawn for the guys but still have a spawn cloud for the enemies.

It's actually kind of annoying if you're playing a quest like that and you say hit a zol with a wood sword where it splits into 2 gels. The spawn clouds show you where the gels are going to show up. Without it, you could easily, unbeknownst to the player, walk into one or even know if the zol was knocked back across the room to split there.

This is nice to see if you are one of those that do the hit with sword then throw the boomerang to remove such enemies. Without the spawn cloud you have to guess.