PDA

View Full Version : Closing?

firefly
01-31-2006, 07:48 PM
I posted this here because I'm not sure if this is a bug.
When I close Zelda Classic or ZQuest, it stays opened in the lower bar (I forgot its name) and it refuses to close, even with the task manager, of course I can't maximize them, as they are already "closed", so in order to close them, I must reboot my computer, which is very annoying if you're using a slow computer. Help.

I'm using Windows XP

Questions
01-31-2006, 08:31 PM
I have never had this problem (uses XP SP2)

ShadowTiger
01-31-2006, 08:39 PM
I think I had this problem when I was using ZC on my College's Network as well. XP would be -VERY- sluggish when ZC was on. The Taskbar would freeze, and buttons would remain held in, ... ... It was rather nasty.

I second this finding.

firefly
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
XP would be -VERY- sluggish when ZC was on.

You're right, 2.11 uses 87% of my CPU and 2.10 uses 72%, while any other games, like Starcraft, use 21%.

My computer has: 256 MB RAM, 60 GB disk space, 1.4 Ghz processor and a cursed Windows XP with SP2.

VI3T_DR@GON
01-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Same thing for me. But mine freezes the whole computer, so I have to manually unplug the comp. for it to shut off.

2.11 uses 87%? How? Is there like a trial of some sort?

Nicholas Steel
02-01-2006, 12:24 AM
this happened to me once but only once.... it never happened again and using task manager does close it you just have to wait 5 mins approx. for the "this program is not reaponding" message to appear.

i use...

windows xp sp2 home
1024mb ddr2 ram
asus p5ld2 (standard) motherboard
onboard sound
geforce 6600gt 128mb pcie
latest software/hardware updates
microsoft antispyware beta 1
trend micro pc cillin 2005 (aka: internet security 2005)
spybot SnD
windows media player 10
framework 1 and 2

80s Knight
02-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Mine takes 88% of my CPU.

I run Win2000 with all the latest updates on an AMD 64 3400+ with 512 MB RAM and a Nvidia GeForce with 256MB VRAM.

cbailey78
02-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I wonder if it would be possible in the next beta that they would somehow the developer would fix that so it wouldn't use up all of your CPU resources.

VI3T_DR@GON
02-05-2006, 07:32 PM
So there is a trial? Where do you get it?

firefly
02-05-2006, 07:57 PM
It's on ZC development, Beta discussion, remember that it's a beta, it's very buggy.
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89441
GAAHHH, this thing!!!, I can't make new threads, edit posts, or PMs. GAAHHH.
wow, I've just edited this post!!!

WindStrike
02-05-2006, 09:29 PM
3 things:
One, my cpu usage for 2.11 beta 6 is 95-100 (for some reason, IE doesn't count), but it doesn't lag.
Two, my computer seems to hate v 1.92, period. I'd have to uninstall all other versions I have, which is something that I don't want to do (I already tried moving SAV files, didn't work).
Three (forum bug, probably shouldn't be here, but to minimize the number of posts), I have to log in TWICE before the forums recognize that I have logged in. It gets really annoying trying to post. On top of that, I'm automatically logged out whenever I hit the Back button. So if I want to post again, I have to log in twice. I just want to know how many others have that same problem.

Nicholas Steel
02-06-2006, 01:30 AM
simple soloution uninstall spybot snd or change it so that it doesnt prevent changes to your ie homepage and access to your ie settings.

dunno why but for me with those settings on, no forum will remember me... i think cookies get disabled or something.

firefly
02-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Three (forum bug, probably shouldn't be here, but to minimize the number of posts), I have to log in TWICE before the forums recognize that I have logged in. It gets really annoying trying to post. On top of that, I'm automatically logged out whenever I hit the Back button. So if I want to post again, I have to log in twice. I just want to know how many others have that same problem.
I have to log in twice to enter in my old comp, I rarely can post, rarely edit, I hit the refresh button or the back button and it logs me out, it logs me out after 5 minutes of inactivity in the same page, can't make new threads, send PMs, many threads give me the message saying "invalid thread specified".

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that all the cookies from this site are being accepted on my old comp, I carefully configured it, I think that the problem is that I'm using IE 5.0.

And for the slowdown on some XP and 2000 computers, it should be fixed in the next version, or even in the next beta, it can't be possible that a 5 MB game uses the entire virtual memory of my computer, while 600 MB games can't even reach the half of it. :shrug: