PDA

View Full Version : MIDI problem.

alfinchkid
01-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I can't load a MIDI onto my quest. All other MIDIs from this site are loaded, no problem. But this particular one won't load. It will play on Windows Media Player, but I can't load it. Yes it is saved in my ZC2.10 folder, and I can see the file when loading it, but when I click on it and say "Open" it says "ERROR LOADING MIDI: (insert file name)" and has a clickable button that says "Dang". What is up with this?

Questions
01-30-2006, 08:42 PM
I've had this problem with two midis but every other one I tried works. Could you give a link to a midi you are trying to use?

alfinchkid
01-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Here is the link to the page. (http://www.uff9.net/ff9/midi.shtml)

It has FF9 MIDIs. I got "Run!" and "Loss of Me" to work, the one I'mm trying to get to work is "You Are Not Alone!", my favorite FF9 song evar.

Pineconn
01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
That's... odd. I tried it and it works, uploading it in ZQ AND listening to it in ZC. I can't tell you what to do except, it works for me. :shrug:

EDIT: My mistake: I tried the wrong one! I downloaded the one you're having a problem with, and, well, it does NOT work... Truly strange. I'll try to fix it for you.

Hmm...

chiisaiko
01-30-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm having the same problem with a few midis I have...I was wondering if maybe the files were to big...guess I could try re-downloading them and see what happens...^^;;

Pineconn
01-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Got it. There were too many tracks for the midi, so I opened it up in Anvil Studio and deleted 10 un-used tracks. I'll give you the link to the fixed MIDI in a few minutes...

~-_________________-~

Here it is! www.zanime.bravehost.com/ff9Youre_not_alone_fixed.mid

Download it and it should be able to be uploaded in ZQ.

:)

Petoe
01-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Ahh, way to go Pineconn! I have some very beautiful midis which also didn't work in ZC, but thanks to you I now know what to do with them. :)

*Goes deleting extra tracks...*

alfinchkid
01-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Ohmigosh, THANKS! It sounds the same, and it's now part of my quest. Thank you bunches. :)

Questions
01-30-2006, 10:56 PM
That helped thanks.

Bender
01-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Can MIDIs be created? If so, how? Or is it a tricky computer expert thing?:confused:

koopa
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Can MIDIs be created?
Er, yes they can but it's tricky.

A midi is basically a sheet of musical notes that a computer plays, that's to say a midi doesn't store the actual sound, like mp3, only the notes, and the sound card plays them when you run it. Ok, that is simplifying a lot but you get the idea.

To create midis you could buy an electric keyboard with midi output and software (and learn to play the piano on the way, if you can't already:) ), or get a free program like anvil studio, where you can input the notes.

Rakki
01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Hmm, I never heard about this problem before. Does anyone know the maximum number of tracks a midi can have to be useable in ZC?

Pineconn
01-31-2006, 09:32 PM
To those being thankful: No problem. :) Who knew a frustrating problem could be fixed by deleting tracks? I sure didn't (up 'til now, of course).

Yes, a midi is a collection of notes your computer already knows. That's why only a handful of instruments are available and MIDIs are so small in size: The instruments are saved on your computer, as koopa said. MP3s have to do with sound waves and all that good stuff. And Anvil Studio is a good MIDI program (as koopa said again). Finale works, too, but it's really used for making sheet music.

I can't say how many tracks are allowed... Because I have no clue. :shrug:

Rakki
02-03-2006, 12:50 AM
Hmm. Maybe I'll test how many tracks it can handle then. ;) I'll post the results here when I find out.

Nicholas Steel
02-03-2006, 12:53 AM
to make midi music i would recomend cakewalk or better and most soundcards even new ones only support 16 midi channels due to midi limitations