PDA

View Full Version : Call the INS now?

Jedi{M}aster
01-30-2006, 07:41 PM
So I am engaged to my fiance and we would like to get married. She is Japanese and is living in Japan right now. She can just come over here and stay for 90 days on a normal visa. If I try to get her a fiance visa we get 90 days when she arrives to get married. There is all of this paperwork and I have to pay like 170 busks. So does anyone know why I really need a fiance visa? I mean it should just seem practical that she comes over here and we get married and then file the all of the resident paperwork after that.

Brasel
01-30-2006, 08:10 PM
I have no idea about that, but how did you meet a japanese woman to get married to? Thats really cool. Congrats. I might be able to ask around the battalion here, I know a couple of guys who married women from Germany so if I get the chance, I'll try to ask.

Lutraphobiac
01-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Fiance visa's and paperwork were probably created to stop TV sitcoms from making cliche shows about a character having to marry a foreigner to keep them in the country. Not sure if they were to successful.

Anyways grats on your upcoming marriage.

Jedi{M}aster
02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
We worked at the same place and were both lonely on Friday night. The rest just writes itself.