PDA

View Full Version : Link Enterting a Dungeon question

80s Knight
01-29-2006, 11:18 PM
When I get Link entering a Dungeon he starts walking in (up), then immediately turns around and starts walking down. If I put him too close to the entrance door, he'll walk right back out before the player has a chance to do anything.

How do I fix it so that Link comes in through the front (bottom) door of the level and stops, still facing upward?

Rakki
01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
You have to put the (blue? green?) square RIGHT against the bottom edge of the screen, half covered by the black squares. That is the only way he'll walk upwards instead of down.

alfinchkid
01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
I had to put it at the VERY bottom of the screen, completely covered by the door's top. The blue square is where Link will enter to, so you need that there. The green square is where Link will continue at, so put that in the room, prolly the same point, but where you want him to continue at when he dies.

rocksfan13
01-30-2006, 10:30 AM
The green one is also where an entrance/exit places link. Always.

Questions
01-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Not quite. E/E warps test for the Level number and if it's 0 he's dropped on the blue square otherwise it's green.

Ctorre
03-11-2006, 08:33 PM
In anyone can help, Igot a problem related somehow to this.

When Link enters a dungeon, he enters the correct dungeon, but on the corner of a gray screen where he can´t move, with 4 keese and a triforce piece over him.

The Dmap is set as a dungeon, level 10.

LinkMaster500
03-11-2006, 08:45 PM
The 4 Keese probably means that you have the type of warp to that dungeon from the overworld set as "Cave/Item Room" or "Passageway." To start, that should be "Entrace/Exit." Also, when you press F10, pick the screen that you want Link to be warped to and on the dungeon entrance screen have the green square set to the edge of the door you want Link to walk through when he enters.

Remember that you can click the "Go" button to test the warp in ZQuest to make sure it works. Then make sure the green square is properly placed.

Ctorre
03-11-2006, 11:51 PM
I tried what you said, but it still takes me to the same place.
This is the location it takes me to:
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44125a9c_93a8/bc/Imagenes/Problem+Location.jpg?bfe65EEB12BJvW3.

ShadowTiger
03-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Okay, here's a stretch, ... ... On your Dmap Editor screen, (Quest-->Dmap.) Did you touch the slidebar under the map in the lower left corner of the DMap editor? That shifts the horizontal coordinates a little. You could be warping to a screen that you're miscalculating its arrival position. When you click the "Go" button, does it take you to the right screen?

Ctorre
03-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Yeah, it does, i´ll check the horizontal coordinates jut in case.

ShadowTiger
03-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Okay, if the "Go" feature puts you in the right place, then the warp is fine. Thus, that leaves us with three possibilities.

1) You're using a side warp rather than a tile warp, (Or the opposite.) But you think it's the reverse, so you're expecting one to work where you're using the other.
2) The Dmap's position is off. I highly doubt this is the case though, as the "Go" feature is one of those "What you see is what you get" things.
3) You're being warped on arrival.

Hm. On your warp screen, what sort of warp is it? Is it InstaWarp? Is it Entrance/Exit? Find out by hitting F10 or F11, depending on if it's a tile warp or a side warp (respectively.) that you're using.

Ctorre
03-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks! The problem was with the horizontal coordinates and I didn´t realize it. Although I still wonder why it toook me to the correct screen before.