PDA

View Full Version : My shops appear on the overworld! HELP!

alfinchkid
01-29-2006, 05:24 PM
All of the sudden, all of my shops appear on the overworld where thier warps are, which screws me over if I enter from the top/sides. Does anyone know how to change this? Thanks in advance.

drkptrs1975
01-29-2006, 05:50 PM
What are you doing to get a shop, maybe I can help you there.

alfinchkid
01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Well, I followed my tutorial exactly. I made the shops. Everything worked great. But then one shop appeared on the overworld, then another, then BAM all the others at once. The only thing I can think of doing wrong is moving the continue/warp here tile (green and blue respectively) to the entrance so I could do a warp to that cave, but I didn't even put the warp down and all of the sudden the shops appeared on the surface. Only the potion shops, special Item, and info places aren't on the overworld.

Rakki
01-29-2006, 10:31 PM
What is the level number/type of the overworld?

Edit: Ya posted before I managed to edit my post, Questions. :p

Questions
01-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Change the Level number for the dmap to 0

alfinchkid
01-30-2006, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys. It was happening on multiple overworlds, and I noticed that those 2 were the only 2 whose Level was higher than 0, I think it's fixed now. Thanks a bunch.

Rakki
01-30-2006, 03:16 AM
As a rule of thumb, 0 is the only level number that is considered Overworld, as in, the only one which will not allow shops to appear on the screens, but rather, only in cave warps.

Edit: Ugh, I didn't catch that one. I was tired when I posted this.

Questions
01-30-2006, 12:29 PM
0 is the only LEVEL NUMBER! There is a huge difference between level numbers and dmap numbers.

koopa
01-30-2006, 03:29 PM
And while we're at it, if a tutorial/post mentions "dungeon dmaps" that usually means "dmap with a level number >0" too.

I'd suggest
overworld - level 0
levels - 1-8 (for the triforce pieces)
caves, houses - number greater than 10

alfinchkid
01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
And while we're at it, if a tutorial/post mentions "dungeon dmaps" that usually means "dmap with a level number >0" too.

I'd suggest
overworld - level 0
levels - 1-8 (for the triforce pieces)
caves, houses - number greater than 10

So... to do this for the triforce thing (I have a problem where the first triforce gets me pieces 1 and 4) I need to have level 1 on DMap1? Or do I need it on MAP1? I have 4 overworlds that combined occupy DMaps 0-3. Thanks if you could answer.

Questions
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Level number is not DMap number. There a number marked Level in the dmap editor.

As for your triforce problem check to see if the quest rule "Big Triforce pieces" is checked. If it is, uncheck it.

koopa
01-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Just to elaborate: dmap number makes no difference to anything at all. Same for map number.

Under Quest -> Dmaps -> Edit, for each dmap you can set a level number on the "mechanics page". Several dmaps can have the same level number so you could set all your overworlds to "level 0".

If you get a triforce piece on a dmap with level number 1-8, it appears in your inventory in the place set under quest->misc data->triforce pieces.

As Questions pointed out, if you have quest->rules->big triforce pieces enabled, you have fewer (4 I think) triforce pieces.