PDA

View Full Version : Map Question

Darth Pikachu
01-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Ok, here's what I want to do. I would like to use one map for my entire overworld (well, more than one but just for the question one will do). I would like to set it up where I only need to use one overworld map and set it up with a town with people to talk to (btw, I already am using direct warps to talk to people outside of the houses). I would like to set it up where after the user completes a level, the people say different things. Is there a way to do this without creating more overworld maps, i.e. after the user clears level one, it warps them to a map that looks painfully similar to the other overworld but isn't?

firefly
01-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Do you mean, that when you complete a level, the people say different things, like Link to Tortuga?, I want to know too!.

Phazite
01-29-2006, 08:39 PM
I was going to ask about this to. There is a way to do this. I asked this a year ago and didn't understand how to do it. Since I understand more now, I should be able to figure it out.

I remeber Freedom told me that it involved making more than one town, and boss flags. I just don't remember everything he said.

Edit: Found it!

In Tortuga there are 9 towns that look alike, and beating a dungeon sets direct warps in the path leading to the town by using the boss flag from the dungeon you beat.
so since each town is different, then you place whatever items you want in each one.
In the enterance screen to the town you can warp to as many as 9 screens just walking across that 1 screen, but since it's a direct instant warp you don't even know you are warping.

The first town is level 1, and beating the boss in level 1 triggers secrets placing the direct warp in the town enterance screen path which then warps you to town level 2, and so on.

In that enterance screen (all 8 of them) is a trigger enemy that dies when the Boss to the level is killed, and in screen data you set enemies = secret which places the warp tile, you also set no secret sounds, and set the boss flag in enemy flags.

It all makes since and I understand everything now!
Late thanks Freedom! :D