PDA

View Full Version : Pushing blocks and keeping Trigger intact.

DarkFlameWolf
01-28-2006, 07:01 PM
You see, I want this rock to be pushed via the power gauntlet, be able to show what was under the rock, and yet still MAINTAIN the bushes on the screen. Since the screen can only have one undercombo, and since I have to put it for the rock being pushed, I must use flag 16 for my bushes on the same screen so they'll act like bushes with the correct graphic underneath. Unfortunately, the instant you push that rock, the bushes will be forever, permenantly cut. How do I rectify this and have both at the same time without ruining it? I hope that made sense.

firefly
01-28-2006, 07:29 PM
In the rock, use any silent push flag, and for the bushes use secret flag 16, In secret flag 16 in the secret combos menu Ctrl+click on it and set secret flag 17, then in secret flag 17, use the same combo as secret flag 16*.

*The problem is, that the bushes will give you the twice of items that they should give you, (example: sometimes they will give you a heart and a rupee) until you push the block into the trigger, to prevent that, in secret flag 17 set an identic bush and make it "slash" type, but now the problem is that the leaves animation will not appear after you've pushed the block, so it's probably better not to do this, as the double items efect will only happen until you push the block into the trigger.

DarkFlameWolf
01-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Well.....any other suggestions how to do this? That is a good suggestion, but I'd rather not have screwy bushes. :-P

Pineconn
01-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Wouldn't just using a silent push combo work? Then do the rest as you said: secret combos for the bushes and the rock undercombo. Nevertheless, you could use the bush undercombo for the rock as well... It may not make sense, but hey. :shrug: Or, don't have bushes on that screen.

EDIT: Yup, just make the push flag silent. Simple as that.

firefly
01-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah, but why do you need a block if it isn't going to trigger anything, it can't be just for show, I'm sure DFW wants the block to trigger something, but using secret flag 16 for the bushes and moving the rock to the switch, will cut all the bushes.
And I'm sure nobody will notice that the bushes SOMETIMES give 2 items at the same time.

Pineconn
01-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Why couldn't it be a block that you need to push to continue down a path? Well... we'll have to wait for clarification.

ShadowTiger
01-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Uh, nice try guys, but you're all overcomplicating this. :p

I remember discovering this trick on your own. You can have multiple screen undercombos in one screen, so long as you don't have secrets enabled for the screen. If you already have a secret for that screen you'll be triggering, then simply place the blockade one screen earlier or something, where there is no secret to be triggered.

Set the screen undercombo to be what's under the rock. Then, set Secret Flag #16 (Or any secret flag, so long as it's there.) to the bush's undercombo, and put that secret flag onto all the bushes. You can have 17 screen undercombos this way. ;-p

Yes, do use A flag #61 or something on the rock.

DarkFlameWolf
01-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Why didn't I see it before? I hardly use layers 1 and 2 much, but its what can help me here! Put the rock with the transparent layer on layer 0, and put the grass tiles underneath the rock on layer 1. Then have any amount of secret tile bushes and undercombos and push a (ns) push flag on the rock. You won't be able to SEE the rock in the editor, but in the game, its clear as day. AWESOME SOLUTION! :-D

Petoe
01-29-2006, 12:36 AM
haha, of course, layers... another trick I had forgotten! Now I can make THE dungeons even nicer looking DFW... ;)