PDA

View Full Version : Level 2 in Zelda Classic 2.10

iluvcamp
01-27-2006, 07:31 PM
I've gotten to level 2 and beaten everyone in there, I even got the boots. But I don't know how to destroy the rhino. Does it have anything to do with the guy who said someone didn't like smoke? And if so, what am I supposed to do about that? I've explored everywhere I can, and I can't find anything!:confused: If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks.

erm2003
01-27-2006, 07:35 PM
I've gotten to level 2 and beaten everyone in there, I even got the boots. But I don't know how to destroy the rhino. Does it have anything to do with the guy who said someone didn't like smoke? And if so, what am I supposed to do about that? I've explored everywhere I can, and I can't find anything!:confused: If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks.

Ah, a complete newbie to Zelda! Welcome! The rhino's name is Dodongo, and he dislikes smoke, so try feeding him some bombs. Just lay one down as he is approaching you. After a couple he will be long gone. Good luck!

music5674
01-28-2006, 02:43 PM
i just started playing the level 2 in the ZC 2.10, when i click on the space bar to bring up the map it doesnt come up, it works in level 1. do you just dont have the option to view your map in 2nd quest...oh i had tried to go thru custome to select 2nd quest or even the 3rd quest and it doesnt get me an option to pick it. to play the 2nd quest i had to use the player name "Zelda" to play it...or is it all tied into completing 1st quuest???

firefly
01-28-2006, 03:40 PM
You can't use the overworld map by... some... problem it has.
And you can't play the 2nd quest if you haven't completed the first quest, or by using "zelda".

erm2003
01-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Just adding on... the map feature works in the overworld only. If you are in one of the levels, you can't use this feature but the game maintains a running map on the subscreen. You can see where you have visited until you get the level map.

And yes the name Zelda will start you on the second quest and also the name Alpha should start you on the 3rd quest. You can't just load them either, you have to use the names or play them in order because of how they are programmed, they aren't considered custom quests.

iluvcamp
01-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Ah, a complete newbie to Zelda! Welcome! The rhino's name is Dodongo, and he dislikes smoke, so try feeding him some bombs. Just lay one down as he is approaching you. After a couple he will be long gone. Good luck!

Hey.
Umm... I can't pick up bombs for some reason. It's really wierd. Is this a bug or something?

WindStrike
01-30-2006, 06:46 PM
You can't pick up more than eight bombs until you get a bomb upgrade. I haven't played the original quest in a while so I don't know where the bomb upgrades are.

erm2003
01-30-2006, 08:59 PM
If you are playing the 2.10test quest then you probably noticed that you can't pick up bombs AT ALL. What you need to do is open up ZQuest and change a couple settings. Open the quest in ZQuest and then go under Quest --> Init. Data. Click on the Items tab and change the Max Bombs from 0 to 8. While you are there you should also click on the Misc. tab and change the max on the Magic to 8 as well or you won't be able to use items like the Blue Candle.

As for the other bomb upgrades to carry more than 8 total, look in levels 5 and 7 for those. Good luck.

iluvcamp
02-02-2006, 09:26 AM
If you are playing the 2.10test quest then you probably noticed that you can't pick up bombs AT ALL. What you need to do is open up ZQuest and change a couple settings. Open the quest in ZQuest and then go under Quest --> Init. Data. Click on the Items tab and change the Max Bombs from 0 to 8. While you are there you should also click on the Misc. tab and change the max on the Magic to 8 as well or you won't be able to use items like the Blue Candle.

As for the other bomb upgrades to carry more than 8 total, look in levels 5 and 7 for those. Good luck.

Thanks so much!
You guys are going to think I'm really stupid, but I accidentally deleted the newest version from the game, and I have no idea how to be able to get it back now.

rocksfan13
02-02-2006, 11:00 AM
You can find it in the Quest Database.

iluvcamp
02-02-2006, 03:40 PM
You can find it in the Quest Database.

What is the Quest Database? I'm no good with computers! Sorry...:newbie:

koopa
02-02-2006, 03:43 PM
www.zeldaclassic.com -> Quest DB. Tons of custom quests for you to enjoy. How to play custom quests is in the FAQ (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=85584).

iluvcamp
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
No. I mean, I have the game installed on my computer. It's there. But when I load Zelda Classic, I only have this wierd old version, and not 2.10. When I first downloaded, I had a 2.10 version, but I accidentally deleted it from the entry screen (the entry screen is what loads after starting the program). I found a saved version of it in Zelda Quest. Is there some way I can move it from there into the game? Or is this just a hopeless case?

rocksfan13
02-02-2006, 04:20 PM
No. You have to custom load the quest. There is a thread in these forums that explains how to do that.

Look under ZQuest Editor help.

Old Woman
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Can anyone tell me how to find Level 4 in the second quest. I have followed the walkthrough and cannot get the rock to move. I have two verson I have played to this point and have the same problem. HELP!!

rocksfan13
02-02-2006, 05:23 PM
You need the power braclet.

It's in the same place as the 1st quest.

Old Woman
02-02-2006, 05:52 PM
The power braclet is across the river that I can't get to until I get the ladder isn't it?

rocksfan13
02-02-2006, 06:00 PM
You can go through the graveyard, through the lost wood path. UP,LEFT,DOWN,LEFT.

Old Woman
02-02-2006, 06:17 PM
I followed the walkthrough, but I am unable to find the grave yard.
from the fairy pool in the forest where do I go. Thank for being patient with me.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2006, 06:45 PM
this thread should be moved.

Old Woman
02-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I am on a PC will this make a difference? I can see on the Overworld Map where I should go through, but it just goes and goes and I am still in the same place.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2006, 07:02 PM
thats what a maze is in zelda classic.... in order to get past it you have to scroll the screen in a particular order such as below in the quote in order to move on...

You can go through the graveyard, through the lost wood path. UP,LEFT,DOWN,LEFT.

Old Woman
02-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooo much, mayby I can move on now.