PDA

View Full Version : Continue Problem

Phazite
01-26-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm using one map for all of the caves in my quest (cave dmap and level 0). There are a lot of entrances to the cave(s) and I used entrace/exit warps for them all. When Link dies in the cave, he continues where I put the continue screen on the Dmap, or in a different cave. I read somewhere that Link is supposed to continue where he went through a entrance/exit warp last. How does this work?

firefly
01-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I think each cave must have it's own Dmap, so you can set where Link continues.

Freedom
01-27-2006, 02:00 AM
caves shouldn't be level 0 either. ;)

Phazite
01-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks. :) That's the way I was doing this before (Making separate Dmaps). I'll go back to doing that then.

I guess my caves were actualy level 1 instead of 0.:rolleyes:

Freedom
01-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Shouldn't be 1 either, levels 1-8 are triforce levels.

Shoelace
01-27-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm using one map for all of the caves in my quest (cave dmap and level 0). There are a lot of entrances to the cave(s) and I used entrace/exit warps for them all. When Link dies in the cave, he continues where I put the continue screen on the Dmap, or in a different cave. I read somewhere that Link is supposed to continue where he went through a entrance/exit warp last. How does this work?

I think you got it from me with this quote:

Yes, for 2.10, the continue marks a little different. Whenever you use a Entance/Exit warp or a Scrolling Warp, the screen that you warp to will be your save point. If that Dmap has the continue checked you will start there forever until you hit another Entance/Exit or Scrolling Warp. If not it will only happen if you die and start there.

So with 2.10 use Entance/Exit and Scrolling Warps to be the save points. If you don't want a save point there use instant-Blackout or other tricks to make the warps look normal.

In 2.10 and 1.92 184 work this way. Also you have to put it on a level higher than 0 in a Cave or Dungeon Dmap. I used one Dmap for all of my caves in "The Hero of Dreams" and it works perfect. If you die you will start at the last Entance/Exit point.

firefly
01-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes, for 2.10, the continue marks a little different. Whenever you use a Entance/Exit warp or a Scrolling Warp, the screen that you warp to will be your save point. If that Dmap has the continue checked you will start there forever until you hit another Entance/Exit or Scrolling Warp. If not it will only happen if you die and start there.

So with 2.10 use Entance/Exit and Scrolling Warps to be the save points. If you don't want a save point there use instant-Blackout or other tricks to make the warps look normal.

So that's the difference between I-Warps w/blackouts and Entrance/Exit... That stopped me for doing a horrible quest.

Questions
01-27-2006, 10:29 PM
So that's the difference between I-Warps w/blackouts and Entrance/Exit... That stopped me for doing a horrible quest.

Not I-Warp w/Opening screen?

Anyway another difference is an e/e going to Dmap with a level higher than 0 will go to the green square other wise it's blue.

Phazite
01-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Aha! I found my problem thanks to that quote Shoelace posted :) (and it does sound familiar). I didn't have 'continue here' checked. It works now.

P.S.
Shoelace I've played your "Hero of Dreams" demo before and it was awsome!

Shoelace
01-28-2006, 12:12 AM

The reason why I said I-warps w/blackouts is because that is the one that looks most like the entrance/exit warps. You can see any I-warp though.

P.S.
Shoelace I've played your "Hero of Dreams" demo before and it was awsome!

Thanks. I am just finishing up the game actually. It will be released in two-three weeks. :P

Phazite
01-29-2006, 02:09 AM
All right! I can't wait!:clap:

Chkn Boy
02-10-2006, 04:15 PM
I have a similar problem. If I set the continue point to be square map 80, and check the 'continue here' button, I start in the cave, but when I try to get out... I end up back in the cave... :confused:

Is there a way I can make it so I start in the last cave I go in in my map?

rocksfan13
02-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Use a different screen.

Shoelace
02-10-2006, 05:07 PM
You are not suppose to start in the screens 80-85. I think that is your problem.

rocksfan13
02-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Correct. Start somewhere else, but use the same design.

Chkn Boy
02-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Ok, so I can't use the extra screens as continue points...Can I use multiple screens other than just the first one I place a start point on so I can ressurect to the closest continue point?

Phazite
02-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Just use a different map for the caves instead of screen 80. Then you can use entrance/exit warps to save where Link starts when he continues.

Chkn Boy
02-10-2006, 08:23 PM
OKay, a different Dmap right? Okay.

Sorry, but... Is there a way to make multiple continue spots? Maybe like using a different Dmap for each cave?

firefly
02-10-2006, 08:32 PM
The Entrance/exit warp is like a continue spot, if you die you'll continue there.

Chkn Boy
02-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Ok, do I HAVE to use stairs? Like I'm going into a level? Because the walking black hole isnt working, I just warp to the Dmap 0 in the top left corner...it's weird...

firefly
02-10-2006, 08:55 PM
In the tile warp you must have set the level's Dmap and where you want to warp.

Chkn Boy
02-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Ok, thank you guys! You been alot of help. :)

Chkn Boy
02-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Grrr... Ok, sorry guys, but... I got the room set I did th entrance/exit tile warp thing and when I run into the room...I am in the top left corner...just stuck there, I can't seem to get him to go throught the door... Help me please.

koopa
02-11-2006, 04:16 AM
Press pageup until you see the 5 squares at the bottom of zquest. Set the green and blue ones to where you want link to appear, by default they're the top left corner.

Chkn Boy
02-11-2006, 10:45 AM
I did that, but for some reason it's still happening... I'm still toying around with and trying it out, and looking at Alphadogs tutorial for a little guidaince...but it's very odd...

Nimono
02-11-2006, 10:47 AM
To enter into a dungeon, place the GREEN square at the bottom of the screen. Make half of the square be covered up by the black stuff at the bottom of the screen and the other half not.

Chkn Boy
02-11-2006, 11:27 AM
I did. And I'm still ending up in the corner...the Green Square is at 120/160 and I'm still in the corner, half is in the black stuff and half isn't...I'm confused...lol

Nimono
02-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Is the DMap level greater than 0? If not, set the Blue square to where you want to enter or change the DMap level number to 1 or higher.

firefly
02-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Click on the image to enlarge it.
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1796/zelda0868jb.th.png (http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda0868jb.png)
Do you see the green square I'm pointing?, you must click on it and place it ON THE BOTTOM of the screen in where you want to appear, for example, I placed it on the bottom of the door, you can follow my cordinates, they'll take you to the bottom of the door.

Chkn Boy
02-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Do I have to set the blue one in the same spot on the green? Also, does it matter what MAP it's on? Because those are different than DMAPs right?

Nimono
02-11-2006, 12:07 PM
1: Blue is for Exit to cave or where you appear on a screen when exiting TO a DMap with a level # of 0. In other words, put thre blue square where you exit TO THE OVERWORLD. In dungeons (Dungeon DMap type), put the blue square where you exit an Insta-Warp, passage, or Cave/Item room. You do not HAVE to put this square where you put the green square. Remember: Level # 0 is overworld!
2: No, it does not matter what MAP it's on. It only matters what DMap TYPE it is. If it's dungeon or cave, you need to place the green square where you want to enter. If it's Overworld, place the green square where you want to start if you continue on this DMap, and the blue one where you exit ANYTHING.

And yes, DMaps are different from Maps. Maps are where you put the screens. DMaps are used to classify an area as Overworld, Dungeon, or Cave. This also lets you decide which rooms appear on the in-screen map in Dungeons.

Chkn Boy
02-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Yay! I tried putting the blue AND green squares and now it works...yay! But...I set the room to Special Room, Sword (wooden), Guy, and the message string but it doesn't pop up when I enter it.

firefly
02-11-2006, 12:27 PM
The Dmap must have a level higher than 0.

Nimono
02-11-2006, 12:31 PM
What firefly said. If you do that on the overworld, you'll need to enter the cave (screen 80) (don't forget the tile warp should be Cave/Item Room!)) to make it work.

Chkn Boy
02-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Hmm...let me see...

Chkn Boy
02-11-2006, 12:33 PM
But the point of the new Dmap for a cave instead of tile 80 is to continue in the last cave/shot you were in like the other zelda's.

Chkn Boy
02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Yay! I got the room to work, thanks to all the help guys. You guys are awsome.

Nimono
02-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't say awesome to me. I don't know EVERYTHING about ZC yet...

Bender
02-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Shouldn't be 1 either, levels 1-8 are triforce levels.

And, so, if I make a non-triforce quest, does that mean I shouldn't use Dmap 1-8?

erm2003
02-13-2006, 11:15 PM
That's up to you. One thing to remember though is whistle warps are tied into the level numbers. When you collect the triforce from the level 1 dmap (not the number of the dmap itself), then it opens up the 1st whistle warp. If you don't plan on using the whistle warps, then it won't be a problem.

You could also change the triforce into another item if you want to follow a different story line. Just take a look at some of Freedom's quests for examples.

Bender
02-14-2006, 02:24 AM
No, I'm currently (as in just started) working on a Resident Evil quest. To maintain similar mechanics to the RE games, the triforce is best excluded.

erm2003
02-14-2006, 07:09 AM
That's pretty coool. Good luck with that! I will be interested in seeing how it turns out!