PDA

View Full Version : anybody out there?

crankhead
01-25-2006, 12:35 AM
whats up everyone im new here and was just skimming through the posts this place sounds fun, whats up with the arcade?

AtmaWeapon
01-25-2006, 01:03 AM
It looks like it is broken. There was a forums upgrade recently and it may not be functional yet.

Glenn the Great
01-25-2006, 01:04 AM
I don't care for the arcade. All it does is build up frustration because the games are too hard, and the top score is too far out of reach, possibly because the person with the top score could have cheated. The arcade's games are extremely vulnerable to cheating, as I should know having cheated some of them in the past.

AtmaWeapon
01-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Well I don't think it really matters in the end. I know the top scores are going to be inhuman because they will be made by people who do nothing but play the games.

I know quite a few people that can get all hole-in-ones in those mini-golf games, and almost always the reason why they are so good is the same: they had a job that required little work and nothing better to do, so they played the game nonstop for months.

My opinion is that if you play any game 8 hours a day for months, you will be able to achieve an impressive score. I just don't really have the time to do so.

vegeta1215
01-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Wonder if that means all the scores will be reset...if so, it gives me the opportunity to reclaim my title as Tetris champ! :D

theplustwo
01-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Man it's all about helicopter. :)

ONeilcool
01-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Most of the games arent even hard, they just take a insane amount of time(i.e Tontie, Simon, Breakout). Like Atmaweapon said, The people who have records are people that spend countless hours, not only practicing, but actually playing the game to get the record.

goKi
01-25-2006, 01:54 AM
Damn. If the scores are reset, i'll have to spend an hour getting the Pacman top score again.

ZTC
01-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Wonder if that means all the scores will be reset...if so, it gives me the opportunity to reclaim my title as Tetris champ! :D

cripe, if that happens, I'll try my luck at being the Smack the Rabbit Champ once again.
Either way, I hope it comes back soon :D

ShadowTiger
01-25-2006, 09:49 PM
I remember spending about three hours playing Spy Hunter. People tried to come close, but never had the patience. Then a ZHQ'er comes along and nearly effortlessly bumps the score right out of my reach. That's what they do, I guess.

That minigolf game sounds like fun though. It's at least not luck-based. That Pingu Slap game is almost purely based on both timing and luck. If you're lucky, your timing will be perfect! :p Heheh, ... yeah. XD