PDA

View Full Version : smokers

Pryme8
01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
how many smokers do we have here at AGN?

Glitch
01-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Smoke Pot. Been Cigarette free since January 1st. Quit cold turkey :D

moocow
01-24-2006, 12:37 PM
I smoke neither. At least, I'm not considered a smoker of any sort seeing as how I might smoke pot with a friend maybe once every 6 months or so. Maybe longer.

Pryme8
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
^_^ proud pot smoker, and i need to quit Newports... but its hard...

Glitch
01-24-2006, 12:58 PM

wtf are you black?

ZTC
01-24-2006, 01:17 PM
I don't smoke, neither do I have the intention of doing so, mainly because I have allergies and astmah

Rainman
01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I can't vote in your horrible poll. I don't smoke either of them and I don't think drugs are bad.

Pryme8
01-24-2006, 01:47 PM
I also like shrooms, a e-pill once in a bluemoon, acid once or twice...

no coke unless its fishscale and even then only like a bump or two, no crack no dope, no meth, no pcp (well once)...

firefly
01-24-2006, 01:52 PM
There's no reason to kill yourself with that.
(I'm just 13) :)

Pryme8
01-24-2006, 01:57 PM
thouse were all when i was young, I only smoke weed now, and the once and a while trip...

moocow
01-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh Pryme, you're so cool.

MacWeirdo42
01-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Mer... I'm gonna have to agree with Rainman here, although technically speaking, I did vote for the "drugs are bad" option... It's really more a matter of I find it disgusting. Pot smoke's not as bad as cigarette smoke, but the smell is still God-awful, in my opinion. Just really can't see myself actually being able to inhale it, really.

AtmaWeapon
01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Checkbox poll voted everything without regard to content.

Seriously were you high when you made it? The first two choices are mutually exclusive with the third.

*edit* Oh man this edit feature is dead sexy

*edit edit* Also it is "tobacco" http://www.atmaweapon.org/images/emot/eng101.gif

Master Ghaleon
01-24-2006, 04:30 PM
I smoke the good stuff (Pot) but hell with Cigs.

VT_Hokie_Fan
01-24-2006, 04:31 PM
No smoking for this Hokie. It really isn't because it's dangerous or anything, it's mainly because its so expensive. And if you really do get cancer or somethin' thats even more money. And I'm flat broke.

Glenn the Great
01-24-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't smoke, I'm never going to take up smoking, and I think it is stupid. I also have heard from official sources that one joint is as damaging as 4 cigarettes.

ShadowTiger
01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I won't touch the stuff. I don't see the point in starting, because I don't want to spend any money on the stuff. I'm a cheap Jew, whaddaya want? :p

Plus, there's all the health detriments and all, so...

Petoe
01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I won't touch that crap either. That **** smelling smoke, I hate it.

Toolie
01-24-2006, 07:10 PM

no coke unless its fishscale and even then only like a bump or two, no crack no dope, no meth, no pcp (well once)...

I quote this because it seems some of you while skimming through this topic missed how stupid this post is. Pryme8, you're quite a fucking breed.

Glenn the Great
01-24-2006, 07:20 PM

I think Pryme8 just wants to talk about drugs.

Archibaldo
01-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Ugh, I hate cigarettes, at school I have to walk through the valley of smokers to get to my bus. About 1/3 of the school smokes and they all clump together in one place for some reason. And that place is the exit of the school, unfortunately the staff won't do anything about it because they're french.

Rainman
01-24-2006, 08:39 PM
I think Pryme8 just wants to talk about drugs.
Dope actually means heroin probably.

Glenn the Great
01-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I thought it meant pot. I guess I'm not keeping up with the slang that well.

Tygore
01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Voted "Drugs are bad". If I'm going to waste money on something, I'd rather it not be something that could kill me.

Terradyn
01-25-2006, 04:54 PM
If pot was soooo bad why do they prescibe it to people?

also its more likely to die by getting struck by lightning than it is to OD on pot;p

Just think about what your saying before you start ranting on about how dangerous it is

k thanks bye

Pryme8
01-25-2006, 05:17 PM

also its more likely to die by getting struck by lightning than it is to OD on pot;p

Just think about what your saying before you start ranting on about how dangerous it is

k thanks bye

I think you would have to smoke like 35 pounds in 5 mins. to actualy OD off of THC o_O...

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
01-25-2006, 06:19 PM

k thanks bye

The medicinal Marijuana excuse is shitty. That's like saying that binging on alcohol isn't bad because European families have wine with dinner and are healthy. Yes, a chemical from Marijuana is used in some medicines. By that logic, let's go chug Cough Syrup. Or Morphine. Or steroids.

Also, it may be very hard to die because of pot, but it sure as hell isn't hard to screw up your brain with it. I'm not anti-drugs or anything, but jeez.

On topic, I don't smoke anything. I'm only 14, and after growing up with quite a few smoking relatives, I'm not jumping out of my pants to light up. I just don't get it =/ I've heard there's a gene in some people that actually gets triggered by cigarettes and the like, probably just a rumor, but eh. Kinda makes sense. Some people can't wait to start smoking, but I just don't get it.

Brasel
01-25-2006, 06:32 PM
I have nothing against smoking...the only reason I don't like the thought of myself or someone I love smoking pot is because of the way people in society react to it these days. If it were a more open thing like alcohol, I don't think I'd mind it so much. I honestly don't smoke cigarettes because of the cost and because my wife would kill me. I smoked on cigarette and I liked it, but I figured t wasn't worth explaining myself to Tera.

Tygore
01-25-2006, 06:59 PM

k thanks bye
Between your amazing scientific knowledge and your deep understanding of the English language, I am in awe that you would dare respond to such a lowly, ignorant person as I.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

First of all, I did NOT mean that Marijuana was "instant death"- rather, I was referring to the long-term effects and how even semifrequent use will inevitably result in a decreased life span. In case you have trouble with clicking links, let me quote you a few snippits from what I just posted.

"...THC impairs the immune system’s ability to fight off infectious diseases and cancer."

"One study has indicated that a user’s risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana."

"The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate."

"In 2002, marijuana was the third most commonly abused drug mentioned in drug-related hospital emergency department (ED) visits in the continental United States." (Note that that means it put them IN the hospital, not helped them get out.)

"In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke."
As you internet kiddies like to say, "pwnt".

crankhead
01-25-2006, 07:43 PM
why are we fighting about stuff wasnt the question "how many smokers we got" well i am not one and can't say that ill NEVER take it up becuase i can't see myself in 10 years or 5 years it is impossible and pryme8 i know people who are 14 and so more shit than you, the school system is F'd in the A and the kids are even more, i know people that smokwe on a regular basis before school and after even DURING so smoking is a problem to AMERICA and im not about to contribute to it but maybe in a few years. maybe not.

crankhead
01-25-2006, 07:45 PM
spelling is bad sorry

Lilith
01-26-2006, 05:38 AM
The thing I don't get about insanely pro-marijuana people is they act like it's not a big deal, but then make a huge deal out of it. "It's just something we do for fun, man" uh...then do something else. If it's not a big deal then it shouldn't be that hard to stop doing it and do something else. I mean I've done it before, and it was fun, but I can feel great doing loads of other things too, so why bother spending the money.

And cigarettes are okay if I'm really in the mood which isn't very often (usually months, sometimes weeks/days), but it's true they make you feel/smell dirty. Sometimes that's cool. Othertimes it's shit. I hated not being able to hang out with certain people/at places because if I didn't wear the shittiest clothes ever, my good clothes would smell like crap afterwards. But w/e, still not a big deal that people make it out to be.

Anyway, it's not substances I hate, it's addictions. To anything. And yes, you can dabble in highly addictive substances without being an addict. You can also get addicted to things that aren't "physically" addictive. I'm aware that some people have bad situations or fall into traps sometimes, it's just the repeated defense/getting into/pity trip of addiction that I hate. it's weak.

*b*
01-26-2006, 06:44 AM
the only things I smoke are CPUs in MKDS's Battle mode

you'll never see me smoking, or doing anything like that, no sir. the most drugs I'll ever do is allergy medicine or pain medication

Glitch
01-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Between your amazing scientific knowledge and your deep understanding of the English language, I am in awe that you would dare respond to such a lowly, ignorant person as I.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

First of all, I did NOT mean that Marijuana was "instant death"- rather, I was referring to the long-term effects and how even semifrequent use will inevitably result in a decreased life span. In case you have trouble with clicking links, let me quote you a few snippits from what I just posted.

As you internet kiddies like to say, "pwnt".

You might want to do a little more research bud. The medicial purposes of marijuana are extremely helpful. Smoking anything is going to be bad for you, the combustion is what causes smoking it to be harmful. If smoked out of a vaporizor (the marijuana is heat to a high temperture without actually burning it) it is a lot safer.

As far as if THC is dangerous or not, there are a million articles/researches saying that it is dangerous, and another million saying it isn't in anyway. So quoting any research on it is basically useless.

One thing I know for sure is that it has helped people with medicial conditions. It relieves nausea, increases appetite, and is a mild pain reliever. The kind of people it is prescribed to need something, and apparantly the current medicines aren't doing much help.

Pwnt?

moocow
01-26-2006, 10:21 AM
The thing I don't get about insanely pro-marijuana people is they act like it's not a big deal, but then make a huge deal out of it. "It's just something we do for fun, man" uh...then do something else. If it's not a big deal then it shouldn't be that hard to stop doing it and do something else. I mean I've done it before, and it was fun, but I can feel great doing loads of other things too, so why bother spending the money.

And cigarettes are okay if I'm really in the mood which isn't very often (usually months, sometimes weeks/days), but it's true they make you feel/smell dirty. Sometimes that's cool. Othertimes it's shit. I hated not being able to hang out with certain people/at places because if I didn't wear the shittiest clothes ever, my good clothes would smell like crap afterwards. But w/e, still not a big deal that people make it out to be.

Anyway, it's not substances I hate, it's addictions. To anything. And yes, you can dabble in highly addictive substances without being an addict. You can also get addicted to things that aren't "physically" addictive. I'm aware that some people have bad situations or fall into traps sometimes, it's just the repeated defense/getting into/pity trip of addiction that I hate. it's weak.

Agreed. 100%.

This is why I love you, Lilith.

Pryme8
01-26-2006, 02:05 PM
if it wasent for the white journalisum that was taken out on Mary then we would have a compleatly different view on it.

The only reason it became illegal is because politicains incolved in the tree industry were set to lost alot of money as weed became more and more of a adaptable source then trees, it could make paper along with 20000+ other products, when pot became illegal over 3000 medical products were banned and 17000+ things you could by at every store...

My dad is the head of ARSC which is the helicopter part of the Coast Guard, he is one of the major people keeping all drugs out of this county, even he says weed needs to be legal because it would save him over 50 million dollors a year in budget that he could attribute to better and more important things, because he sees no harm in weed... If someone who is involved this deaply in keeping it out of the united states says it should be legal and that the country is losing alot of money messing around with it, then that means it must be some what true!

o_O

algam86
01-26-2006, 09:07 PM
How did you spell 'tobacco' with two a's?

Anyway. I voted for Mr. Mackey's saying, mmkay? I don't like the smell, they're about four bucks a pack, my grandpa got lung cancer and is currently in the hospital. I'm not all in a hurry to commit suicide, you know.

Pot. Yeah, it's okay for medicinal purposes. But, as you may or may not know (and you probably do), most of the time, it's used illegally, and make people do really dumb stuff. (like jump off a roof because they think they can fly or something), or move to more dangerous drugs like cocaine.

This doesn't explain anything, just my personal reason why I don't like it.

Pryme8
01-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Pot. Yeah, it's okay for medicinal purposes. But, as you may or may not know (and you probably do), most of the time, it's used illegally, and make people do really dumb stuff. (like jump off a roof because they think they can fly or something), or move to more dangerous drugs like cocaine.

This doesn't explain anything, just my personal reason why I don't like it.

AHAHAHA if I was stoned and someone told me to jump off the roof id be like "You jump off the roof mother fucker I’m already high" You are a product of the United states advertising campaigns, people who smoke weed and see those commercials crack up.

and no weed its self is not a gateway drug it is a gateway criminal activity, because it is illegal it lets you meet connects and people who can get harder drugs or people who use harder drugs, which with it becoming more openly available to you, you are more likely to try something you wouldn’t and if you have a weak mind you will get hooked. If weed were legal you could by it at the corner store, and wouldn’t have the need for lowlifes (i prefer friends I’ve known for years). Odds are when you go into the 7-11 and by a joint pack your not going to ask the clerk, you where’s some 'white girl' (cocaine) or 'them rolls' (e-pills) at? So you lose the ability to find them from simply enjoying the wonderful plant that is extremely useful...

I believe if this country converted to using Marijuana and Sugar to make all their products for consumption i.e. Paper, Ethanol (convert the cars to Ethanol/Gas like in Brazil), Medical Products, Power Plants (they have done it on an island in Hawaii for 35 years). We would be able to cut down on pollution, tax the shit out of weed to keep it close to where street prices where just better product, to make up for lost reviews from court charges. Stop cutting down trees would be another benefit, weed can be grown into unlimited forms, including for the purpose of construction material...

Don’t knock till you try it...

And for the christens it says in the bible "and I gave onto you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use" or very close to those lines

Verman
01-27-2006, 08:26 AM
I think Pryme8 has some serious problems. I don't know if I believe half of what he says.

That one post you made about coke and E was pretty bad dude, why say that? Think it makes you more important to us? Keep that shit of a computer gaming board... (I know it's not my place but who wants to hear about it?)

Now pot is different, specially since I'm canadian, to me you could be talking about drinking or pot and it would be the same. The way I look at that is, if I am driving in my car at 3 am from a bouncing job who would I rather be in the oncoming lane;

A pot smoker, driving at 40 and watching everything because they are so frickin defensive and paranoid.

Or some drunk fucker weaving and flying down the road.

its not a hard choice...

But whatever ;)

Shutup about hardcore drugs... Makes you look like a retard, specially when your next post is how your dad is the head of the helicopter division of the coast guard. He sucks at his job if he can't even keep you away from coke and E eh? let alone a country...

PS. please don't quote something if you don't have the quote, you look more intelligent if you don't say it at all then to make something up.

Pryme8
01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
I just said its easy to find them because of smoking pot... Im defending the fact that people think if you smoke weed your going to do other drugs... Ive done other drugs and its not because of me smoking weed, it was because i fucken felt like it and wanted to learn things about myself...

I only smoke weed and drink occasonaly, and once in a blue moon ill take some mushrooms

I couldent find the exsact quote, so instead of waisting time (im at work) i just typed in as close as i could remember to it

here is a link that disscusses alot of things people dont think about when it comes to weed and the evolution of christianity

http://www.cannabis.net/articles/jesus-cannabis.html

ALSO

I bet you dident know that alot of the traditions we follow on christmas has alot to do with mushrooms o_O like putting the presents under the tree and christmas colors being red geen and white...