PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem

VI3T_DR@GON
01-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Ok, I have had ZC for a good amount of time, and it hasnt messed up much for me. Recently, my harddrive broke, and was replaced. When I loaded ZC the first time, it worked. But Windows Home had to be installed over, so when I went to download it again, it just said, Quest Loading Error [press any key]. So I pressed a key, it said the same thing over, and over and over again. I got rid of it, and downloaded once more. It did the same thing. I have to work on a quest, but I cant until the problem is fixed.

ShadowTiger
01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Dang dude. o.o'

Okay, what I think is happening here, is that your last quest is somehow corrupted, and it keeps trying to open it over and over again. So, go into your ag.cfg file in your ZC folder, and find the line open_last_quest = 1, and change the 1 to a 0. (Save it of course.)

VI3T_DR@GON
01-23-2006, 07:53 PM
I cant, it says that if I open it, then it could damage the system. I dont have Office Outlook anyway. So what do I do?

VI3T_DR@GON
01-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Also, when I go into Zelda-w, after I click a button after the Legend Of Zelda screen, the screen is dark, and I can barely see the letters. Also when I try to open a quest like Bs1st, it says, Error-Unable to open file to every quest except for custom ones.

firefly
01-23-2006, 09:17 PM
My 1st.qst is somehow corrupted, but it doesn't make many problems at all.
I hate windows XP, it doesn't mix with Zelda Classic, if I run 2 Zquests at the same time (doesn't matter which version), one of them ALWAYS crashes when clicking on it.

Oh, and about your problem, which quest does ZQuest wants to open???, if it is the 1st.qst, just download it again, it may fix it.

ShadowTiger
01-23-2006, 10:32 PM
VI3T_DR@GON: http://www.armageddongames.net/images/styles/classicblack/buttons/edit.gif ... * Whistles *

Okay, yes, just go into ag.cfg ... Ignore any warnings it gives you. It's really just a big ol' notepad file with a mean name. ;-p

firefly
01-23-2006, 10:38 PM
I cant, it says that if I open it, then it could damage the system. I dont have Office Outlook anyway. So what do I do?
???, Outlook?, just open it with the notepad. ;)

koopa
01-24-2006, 02:19 PM
You probably selected "open as" and "always open with". Right-click the file and choose "open as", then notepad in the list that comes.

Phantom Menace
02-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Office 2003 registers the .cfg file extension, which is a pain for all the rest of us who like to open them our own way. Leave it to Billy Boy to stomp on the masses...

firefly
02-04-2006, 01:50 AM
I've noticed this a short time ago, when I was messing with the gui_colorset, the file tries to open with outlook 2003, but the problem is that when I select the option to always open with the wordpad, there's no effect.
Nice to see you back.