PDA

View Full Version : Boomerang Question

Darth Pikachu
01-22-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't know if this is possible, but I thought I'd ask the question. I want to make a room where there will be three switches in the room, and to start the puzzle, Link must throw the boomerang at the switch farthest away, and Link must hit all three switches before the boomerang gets back in Link's hands to open the door. Now I know I can set up the room with tiered secrets where Link would have to hit each switch to open the door, but the problem is that Link could just throw the boomerang three times with tiered secrets. Is there a way to do this, or is it just a pipe dream at this time?

firefly
01-22-2006, 09:02 PM
The only way I know is by the use of timed secrets and the use of secret combos' flags, but it could be really difficult to calculate the time of the boomerang to return to Link's hands, I recommend you to only use multi-triggers for this.

Phazite
01-24-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't think this can be done with 2.10. You'll just have to go with tiering the secrets.

I can think of a way to do this in 2.11 beta 6 though. I'm not sure if it would work. You could put secret flags everywhere Link can walk and when the switch gets hit with the boomerang they get triggered, then it will hit the other two. After the third switch is hit the reset rooms could be replaced by normal walkable tiles.

The thing is that you might need a magic - fire boomer and wouldn't be able to move after hitting the first switch. This would use a lot of 'tiring'.

That was confusing.:googly: