PDA

View Full Version : How does one set up the z-3 subscreen?

Master_of_Power
01-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm completely lost here, how does it work?

firefly
01-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Misc. Data-->Subscreen types-->Z3 style

Master_of_Power
01-22-2006, 12:21 PM
I mean set up the graphics

ShadowTiger
01-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Click on a box of the particular Link Action you want to change, and it'll take you to the tiles page. Flip the Cset you want (Keypad Plus or minus.) ... (Cset 6, most likely, as that's Link's Cset.) then find the Link Sprite you want to use. If the Link sprite is the standard 16x16, just click on it. If it's 16x32, the "tall" version, (Like in Zelda 2.) then press "x" once, then click on Link's lower half. If he's the larger 2x2 (32x32 pixel.) version, press "x" a second time (It's a three-way toggle between normal, tall, and wide.) to activate wide mode, then click on the middle of Link.

In terms of Wide Mode, note that the tile are set up like XOXOXOX where as O is a Link tile and X is empty space. However, the empty space may actually contain an arm or shield or something from other nearby link tiles. What you're looking for in wide mode is Link's waist. You're centering on his lower center, ... like, his belly and feet. That will "center" Link properly for wide mode.

Any other questions?

Questions
01-22-2006, 10:06 PM
I do!

Do you, BH4, know how to read? He's asking about the Z3 SUBSCREEN. Not animation. SUBSCREEN. S-U-B-S-C-R-E-E-N.

I get royally pissed when people don't read.

ShadowTiger
01-22-2006, 11:48 PM

Well thank you, Questions. :) Your clarification is like golden sunbeams of pure happiness on an otherwise dreary day, to be cherished above whatever else happens on that very day.

Besides, now you've got that extra piece of information too if you need it. Better than nothing, right, Questions? * Playfully nudges Questions in the ribs * ... Oh right, you didn't answer the question either. Well, here something for us both then! ^_^

So, as it said in the download thread, Here (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/subscreen.qst) is a Z3 Subscreen type quest. All the tiles are between page 54 and 57, more or less. They're currently hardcoded into those exact locations, so if you're planning on using a quest centered around Beta 6 of 2.11, then you'll have to use these exact locations in your own quest. This may mean displacing already present tiles.

Dark Nation
01-23-2006, 08:36 AM
The Z3 subscreen format is described in detail here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showpost.php?p=1051090&postcount=9).

Master_of_Power
01-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks for helping me with that, and not only did you answer my question, you gave me something new to try out. wewt.

firefly
01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I get royally pissed when people don't read.
Hey!:eyebrow: what do you mean??? (Even though, he may not be talking about me) hrrmm.