PDA

View Full Version : A few problems relating to caves

alfinchkid
01-21-2006, 11:52 AM
1. Suddenly, every shop appears on the surface, it screws me over if I enter from the top, or too hight on the sides. I WAS only one, now it's all of them. Plaese help.
2. I have 4 overworlds. If I make a warp to the cave cell (DMap0, Panel80)on overworld 2 (DMap1), it goes to the passage square(DMap1, Panel 80) instead. Help.
3. My level 2 warp instead warps to a tile on the overworld1, Link doesn't even appear, not all the colors are even corect! But I know it recognizes the dungeon because the dungeon MIDI kicks in. WHat am I doing wrong?

firefly
01-21-2006, 12:01 PM
1. Are you sure that the overworld DMap is an overworld type?
2. The tile warp may be on the "passageway" instead of "Cave/Item room"
3. The Level 2 Dmap must be set to the overworld map instead of the dungeon map, eg: map 1= overworld, map 2= dungeons, and you're using the map 1 on the Level 2 DMap instead of using the map 2.

alfinchkid
01-21-2006, 08:45 PM
1. Are you sure that the overworld DMap is an overworld type?
2. The tile warp may be on the "passageway" instead of "Cave/Item room"
3. The Level 2 Dmap must be set to the overworld map instead of the dungeon map, eg: map 1= overworld, map 2= dungeons, and you're using the map 1 on the Level 2 DMap instead of using the map 2.

1. Yes, it is set to TYPE=OVERWORLD
2. Nope, map one (DMAP0), Screen 80
3. Yeah, that helped. I takes me to the dungeon now. But now it's doing that same thing, except with the dungeon entry now.

Also, a new thing has come up. I want a different opening screen DMap, so that it has a different music for it, but now it opens me up on the Main overworld again, except in the square I have set for Continue. No, I do not have the "Continue here" box checked here, and yes, that box IS checked on the one I want to start on. Thank you in advance.

firefly
01-21-2006, 09:25 PM
1. Have you used the paste all option?, the paste all option copies ALL in the screen (layers, room types, strings...)
2. (Apparently, I don't know how to read:sweat:) The warp must be set to the first overworld (DMap0) and in Cave/Item room, (you don't need to put screen 80), so it should send you to screen 80. ???
4. Do you mean Init. Data?

alfinchkid
01-21-2006, 11:42 PM
1. Have you used the paste all option?, the paste all option copies ALL in the screen (layers, room types, strings...)
2. (Apparently, I don't know how to read:sweat:) The warp must be set to the first overworld (DMap0) and in Cave/Item room, (you don't need to put screen 80), so it should send you to screen 80. ???
4. Do you mean Init. Data?
1. The only time I copy/paste anything is when making a new DMap for a different MIDI, or in dungeons. I also dared take a picture of one particular shop appearing on the overworld. I took a picture of it on the overworld and I dared go into the cave it was in and took a pic of IT.

The picture of the overworld version. (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/alfinchkid/ZC%20Bugs/zelda005.jpg)
The picture of the messed up cave. (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/alfinchkid/ZC%20Bugs/zelda004.jpg)

2. Ok, I may try that. Sounds like it may work. I'll let you know.
4. No, I mean the starting subscreen. I want it to a special square on DMap 7, but it starts instead at a square on DMap 0. Before you ask, I have the "continue here" square checked on DMap 7 and not on DMap0.

alfinchkid
01-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Uhhh... bump.

firefly
01-28-2006, 05:20 PM
4) In init. data set the starting DMap 4. That should work.

alfinchkid
01-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh, yeah. Thanks! So far, you have solved all but one problem. But the shops appearing on the surface is bad. I didn't do anything ,yet it moved to the surface. Could you help me with that?