PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

War Lord
01-21-2006, 11:17 AM
The forum software has been upgraded to the latest version. I appreciate everyone who has subscribed for premium membership as the premium fund took care of all fees. The fund has also been paying for the hosting cost as well due to the advertiser dropping the site a while back. I just have not had the time to remove them. Perhaps I can get around to that shortly.

I apologize for the downtime, I have been very busy at work lately and as a result was unable to perform the upgrade until this morning. Sorry for any inconvenience.

All I have to say on the subject of downtime is that it is unfortunate that some people feel the need to occupy their time harrassing others. Some people live, learn and grow up. Unfortunately, others do not.

-WL

Zelda Master
01-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Well cool, its up to date..

but any reason for this:

???http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7409/vberror3gr.png

firefly
01-21-2006, 11:29 AM
also where are the avatars?, there aren't showing anywhere.

Zelda Master
01-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Well now they are... :tongue:

Toolie
01-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Bitch and moan! Ungreatful snots!

Everything's looking normal for me. I'm using the dark blue/navy theme. Thanks a bunch, Jarrod.

Toolie
01-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Actually, I'm going to bitch a little. The setting to move the poster information to the left (instead of the top) doesn't seem to work, FYI.

firefly
01-21-2006, 12:16 PM
WHA???, I can only enter to the last posts, if I try to enter to any other posts, an error message appears.:shakeno:

For example: When trying to enter to ZQuest editor help an error message appears, what the?.

Master Ghaleon
01-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Actually, I'm going to bitch a little. The setting to move the poster information to the left (instead of the top) doesn't seem to work, FYI.

same for me too

koopa
01-21-2006, 01:09 PM
quick reply glitch: can't see it.
firefly's problem: seems not to happen to me.
postbit to left: doesn't work for me.

Is it intentional that the users online and birthdays on the main page is at the bottom now? I quite liked it at the top to see who's on first thing.

KingArthur
01-21-2006, 01:21 PM
The Quick Style chooserdoesnt work either.

firefly
01-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Is it intentional that the users online and birthdays on the main page is at the bottom now? I quite liked it at the top to see who's on first thing.

They appear at the top in my comp, ???

koopa
01-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Seems to be a bit of a problem, #agn chat log (slightly edited)

[JayeM] is it just me, or are the forums not quite working?
[koopa] what's not working?
[JayeM] I can't get beyond the main page
[koopa] you're not the first, see the OA update thread
[JayeM] can't
[koopa] it works for me though, perhaps you need to reset your cookie
[JayeM] huh?
[koopa] log out, clear cookies, log in again. not sure if that will work
[JayeM] ok, I'll try it
[Shinobu] sparkles i say!
[JayeM] sparkles?
[Shinobu] yes
[Shinobu] lol
[JayeM] didn't work :(
[Shinobu] aww
[JayeM] what about sparkles?
[Shinobu] http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?p=1053578
[koopa] War Lord posted he just upgraded the forum software.
[JayeM] when?
[Shinobu] new and improved and covered in glitter!
[Shinobu] lol
[koopa] 2 hours ago
[Shinobu] i cant get GD to open o.o
[koopa] strange, it works for me
[JayeM] can you open anything else, sarria?
[JayeM] ::sigh::
[JayeM] maybe if I ignore it awhile, it'll be ok
[JayeM] JayeM
*** moowork is now known as moocow
[koopa] moocow, is the forum working for you?
[moocow] Was earlier
[moocow] a little buggy
[moocow] Working fo rm
[moocow] e
[JayeM] QDB works
[koopa] you can't get into any threads at all?
[JayeM] try to go anywhere from forums main page, I get the IE cannot open (whatever), Operation Aborted
[Shinobu] :O
[moocow] I can get into the threads
[moocow] I can't get my layout back to the way I wanted
[Shinobu] but i cant get into actual forums
[JayeM] oh, you too?
[moocow] Your best bet is to just wait until SB comes around or WL gets off work
[Shinobu] hmm wait
[Shinobu] i can get in GD on firefox
[JayeM] s'right
[Shinobu] but not IE
[Shinobu] puzzling
[koopa] I'm posting this in the update thread

vegeta1215
01-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks to everyone who worked to get AGN back up! Even though we are back, I will try to join chat more often :D

firefly
01-21-2006, 01:44 PM
try to go anywhere from forums main page, I get the IE cannot open (whatever), Operation Aborted

That's the same problem I have, I want to revive an old thread and I can't do it.
And why does everyone have stars instead of having circles and all the other things.

Hehe, the editing menu is great. :)

DarkDragon
01-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Calm down guys, the custom hacks have always been wiped after a vB upgrade, it'll just take time for Shadowblazer or War Lord to put them back in again.

ONeilcool
01-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Whats going on with Shadowblazer's account. On all of his posts It shows text saying"Shadowblazer" with no link to his profile or avatar.

firefly
01-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Strange, also he doesn't have any posts, it's showing as N/A.

War Lord
01-21-2006, 09:25 PM
IE error fixed.
Shadowblazer or I will need to get a decent chunk of free time to address stars and such, so give it time.

firefly
01-21-2006, 09:34 PM
THANKS!!! I can finally post new threads.
and about the stars, they are a minor bug, I'm sure nobody will die by this problem.

Drunken Tiger
01-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the upgrade WL.. Im sure all teh other things will work themselves out.. :)

Thanks again

koopa
01-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Thanks most of all for hosting and maintaining AGN, and for all the work that you have put into it, War Lord.

EDIT: "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/armaged/public_html/arcade.php on line 167" The Arcade's not quite up yet ...

gryxzl
02-22-2006, 11:43 AM
I appreciate everyone who has subscribed for premium membership -WL

I never knew this was an option, War Lord. True, I have been off the site for a coupla months, but I'd love to know more about the premium package. Can you e-mail me info ([email protected]) or pm me, please?? Last I knew, you just took anonymous donations for site maintenance via pay pal.

War Lord
02-22-2006, 03:31 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81167