PDA

View Full Version : What happened to public testing?

Dark Spawn
01-17-2006, 05:23 PM
What happened to public testing? I though DN said they would stop when there was a full public realease. I see no new realease. Can someone fill me in?

ZeldaLord
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
*sigh*
I knew it was too good to be true. :shakeno: My guess is that someone spammed it, so it was stopped. I only hope the developers reconsider...

Dark Spawn
01-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Well....... this sucks. Now we may not get Beta 7. :( I want beta 7!

Dart Zaidyer
01-17-2006, 07:02 PM
This may be due to forum maintenance. If testing is is officially closed off for any reason, then there would be some kind of notification.

Cloral
01-17-2006, 07:39 PM
I can still see the forums, and I don't see any sort of notification that public testing was closed or that sort of thing. And there is a post from today in a couple of the forums. So it is probably just temporary.

eXodus
01-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Actually, didn't they say it was open until the next Beta? That way, the new beta testing team could be formed out in the open (and recruit new members into it) and then the forum would be closed and restricted to the new team. At least, that's what I remember...

ZeldaLord
01-18-2006, 04:49 AM
Do any of the admins know why this is (bug, maintenance, other reason...)?

Dark Spawn
01-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Actually, didn't they say it was open until the next Beta? That way, the new beta testing team could be formed out in the open (and recruit new members into it) and then the forum would be closed and restricted to the new team. At least, that's what I remember...

No, I rememeber them saying til the next public realease comes out.

Dark Nation
01-18-2006, 09:14 AM
No idea what happened, but I just fixed it back. The beta testing is open to the public until the next full (nonbeta) release.

Shadowblazer
01-23-2006, 02:03 PM
That was my mistake, I was checking over all the forum permissions to make sure that none of them were available when they shouldn't be and I inadvertantly hid the ZC development forums. They should be open again.