PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Grabber?

Rakki
01-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Okay, so I copied over my Zelda Classic folder from my old computer when we finally got this one set up (back in September for those who care to know :tongue: ), and Grabber was included in two folders, for two different versions of ZC. I tried running them on here, but I guess XP has a problem with it, because they wouldn't work. So of course I tried to delete them. Uh uh. Even though they're not actually in use, it says Grabber is being used by another program or person whenever I try to delete it. Any help on getting rid of this, since it's just taking up space on my compy?

Dart Zaidyer
01-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Grabber doesn't take too well too later versions of ZC, most likely because of the included allegro dlls. Keeping them bundled up in a folder with their intended ZC version is an easy way to solve that.

If Windows says it's "in use" when you try to delete it, then I would guess it's because when you launch the program, it stalls out yet continues to run. Killing it with the task manager should do the trick.

Rakki
01-16-2006, 07:28 PM
No, it's not IN the task manager. As soon as I start the computer up, if I try to delete it it'll tell me it's in use.

DarkFlameWolf
01-16-2006, 08:14 PM
I've had a program similar to that on my computer. In fact its still there. I never could delete it because of the same problem you stated.

Tom
01-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, there is a special alleg41.dll which came with the grabber. I can send it to you if you wish. If you have the 2.11 beta version then you wont need alleg41.dll but alleg42.dll instead. This means you can keep alleg41 for grabber and 42 for zelda classic with no trouble. I had real trouble getting the original alleg41, it is a special version that you need so email me at [email protected] and i will send it to you.

Rakki
01-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Grabber's not going to work for me because it's a DOS app, which is why I'm asking how to remove it, not fix it.