PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Key Door Problem

erm2003
01-15-2006, 01:34 PM
OK, I have been having this problem for a while and I still can't seem to find a way to fix it. On a new quest I am making, I have two different areas where the key door in a dungeon isn't working properly. You can use a key to open it and go through the door, but if you return to the room the door will be locked again. This could be game ending depending on what area you are in or if you die.

I double checked the settings and this is what I have set up. First, I am using 2.10, the newfirst tileset. Both areas with this problem are dungeon DMaps with level numbers properly set up. Both areas also have other locked doors that work fine (which is even more confusing). The doors are set up with a lock block combo and were selected through the doors menu, freeform dungeons is currently off.

If you have any suggestions or if there is any other info you need please let me know. I am really not sure why this keeps on happening. :odd:

Thanks!

Zelda_Warrior
01-15-2006, 01:39 PM
you do NOT draw in the doors yourself. You use the 'dungeoin door' feature in the tools menu. Go there, and click on one of the corresponding rectangles and select waht type of door it is. This will solve your problem. Locked doors have nothing to do with lock blocks.

erm2003
01-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I did use it through the menu. That's what I said. I added that they are also set up as the lock block combo because that's how the doors are programmed. They are set up properly through the menu and that's what I used.

firefly
01-15-2006, 02:04 PM
The locked doors do not need to be lock blocks, that may be the problem.

erm2003
01-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Even if that is the case with how this is set up, why would it work in one room and then not the one right next to it?