PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions For Beta 7

Dark Spawn
01-15-2006, 10:34 AM
1. Have the Enhanced Music complete.
2. Make as bug free as possible.
3. If possible add Roc's Feather.

I think thats about it if anyone has more suggestions post here.

ZeldaLord
01-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Don't want to sound dumb here, but what exactly IS enhanced music?

ShadowTiger
01-15-2006, 02:48 PM
I think it's just sort of just like the Quest-->Midi area, but Enhanced Music is for all forms of music included / used in the quest, which aren't midis. Works the same way. They'd be embedded into the quest itself, just like midis are.

Of course, that would increase the quest file dramatically, you'd think. :P ... Yeah, good luck with that. XD

BTW, ... ... Jake, ... ... why are you suggesting all of these when they've either been suggested hundreds of times before, or already fairly obvious? :p

ZeldaLord
01-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I kinda think this should be in public Suggestions (Roc's feather, lol). :p

Jigglysaint
01-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Actually, BH4, that's a good thing. See, if you want to, say, add MP3's, you can lower the bitrate and the size can drop from 2 megs to like 700 kb. The quality might be lower, but for me at least, that is not a huge issue. Done this way you can have several full length songs take up only maybe an extra 2 megs at most, depending on length of course. Also this is good for spc's as the need to offer a seperate archive would disappear. Plus, it keeps with the traddition of as few extra files as possible. The only problem is that it can include copyrighted music, which could lead to legal issues, but maybe if ZC had a disclaimer that quests made with the engine are not affilated with the programmers or is not the intention of the software, ect.

C-Dawg
01-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Zelda needs not your mp3s. Midi for life.

-C

*b*
01-16-2006, 05:09 AM
here's a suggestion: make it so you don't have to be perfectly aligned with a combo to push it when using the Zelda 3 movement. it's annoying trying to align Link just perfectly in order to push a freaking block

ShadowTiger
01-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Zelda needs not your mp3s. Midi for life.Heh. XD I used to have this opinion. ... But then I thought about using some DDR Music as boss music, (This (http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/music/neoMAX.mp3), for example.) SPCs aren't a problem though, since they're 64 KB apiece. :p Heh.

Filesize would be a slight issue; particularly for the 56K'ers, but yeah, some MP3s can be reduced in filesize. They don't sound too hot though, but sometimes it gets the job done well enough.

Dark Spawn
01-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Uh, I was also thinking maybe adding more enemys. And maybe editable enemys as in stats. Example:

Gleeok (4 heads)
HP: 4
ATK: 5
DEF: 2

Aquamentis
HP: 21
ATK: 15
DEF: 6

ShadowTiger
01-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Heh! XD Be patient, Jake! Be Patient! XD All things in good time. :p As of right now, just try to focus on things to improve ZC without having to constantly add new items or enemies. :p Features to make life easier, and bugfixes, are the most important features right now.

Hell, Bug Fixing is the #1 priority, as far as I know.

firefly
01-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Windowed mode sucks up a good chunk of resources to keep running, even on very powerful computers. Can cause massive slowdown and destabilize Windows

For this to get fixed, it's strange that Zquest uses about 72% of my CPU, if my comp has 256 MB ram, 1.4 Ghtz, and 60 GB of disc space, while other programs use only like 15%-20%.

algam86
01-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Heh. XD I used to have this opinion. ... But then I thought about using some DDR Music as boss music, (This (http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/music/neoMAX.mp3), for example.) SPCs aren't a problem though, since they're 64 KB apiece. :p Heh.
Ok, I actually have the full version of that. Which also brings up a ton of other music I'd like to put in a quest...:D

Even if the quality goes down, it'd still be nice.

I don't really know what an SPC is. I see 'PKCS #5 Certificate'. and I have no clue what that means...

And *b*'s idea's very nice, too. I quit playing the Something-or-Another Return to Snortsia test quest because I couldn't push the friggin' block up or down...After five minutes, I gave up.

Kingboo30
01-25-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't really know what an SPC is. I see 'PKCS #5 Certificate'. and I have no clue what that means...

An SPC is like an MP3. But it's SNES music. SNES SPC is a better word.

*Ahem*

Do Roomstate carry over to overworlds too? Like flipping a switch in a dungeon will....lower some stairs so you can go up the stairs. I think that is the best feature in 2.11 so far. Just more bugfixes will make me happy.

cbailey78
02-17-2006, 09:52 PM
For this to get fixed, it's strange that Zquest uses about 72% of my CPU, if my comp has 256 MB ram, 1.4 Ghtz, and 60 GB of disc space, while other programs use only like 15%-20%.

I totally agree with him! Mine uses up 100% of my cpu resource! My specs are 35 gigabytes of harddrive capacity, 512 MB of ram, CPU is 1.2 gHz if you wanted know! I am using a Toshiba laptop and has Windows XP. I have to use the Ctrl-Alt-Del to reduce the process priority of zquest.exe to the lowest possible!

Ridiculous, isn't it!

Nicholas Steel
02-17-2006, 11:32 PM
i would love it to have support for spc, nsf, nsfe, mp3, mp4 and ogg music support.

note - spc files are dumps of the soundcard's memory in a super nintendo (16-bit). and nsf/nsfe files are dumps of the nintendos (8-bit) soundcards memory. the rest i'm pretty sure you can work out.

Dark Spawn
02-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I belive it already supports spc files and I know 2.10 has mp3 support.

WindStrike
02-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Thing pertaining the bow / quiver: When you do get bow and quiver, do you think it would kinda cool if the the bow and / or the quiver was seen on Link's back? And when you fire arrows, wouldn't it also be pretty nice if Link pulled out his bow?

OMEG
02-20-2006, 06:37 AM
How about an option for a "scaled to 640x480" mode? My video card can't run 320x240 programs and I prefer to edit in fullscreen.

firefly
02-20-2006, 09:06 PM
I totally agree with him! Mine uses up 100% of my cpu resource! My specs are 35 gigabytes of harddrive capacity, 512 MB of ram, CPU is 1.2 gHz if you wanted know! I am using a Toshiba laptop and has Windows XP. I have to use the Ctrl-Alt-Del to reduce the process priority of zquest.exe to the lowest possible!

Ridiculous, isn't it!

2.11 uses up to 89% of my CPU resource! running both ZC and ZQ at the same time make my computer run sluggish or crash, running two Zquest.exe at the same time either crashes Zquest, or crashes my computer.

What I'd like to see in Zelda Classic:

Tall grass that doesn't cut when slashed. :p
Steams (conveyor belts and shallow water).
Damage combos that do damage even if you have the boots.
A combo that temp. trigger the strings and the secret combos in the screen.
More gui_colorset values.
More Tall grass, Flowers, Bush sprites.

Sephiroth
02-23-2006, 02:13 PM
You wanna know what I want to see in ZC?

SCREEN SPECIFIC MIDI along with a screen flag to cause that MIDI to only play while enemies are on the screen. :>

firefly
02-24-2006, 12:16 AM
TAKING SNAPSHOTS EVEN IF YOU'RE IN A MENU!!!, I'LL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE MY "TUTORIAL" UNTIL THIS BUG IS FIXED!!!

ShadowTiger
02-24-2006, 10:17 AM
TAKING SNAPSHOTS EVEN IF YOU'RE IN A MENU!!!, I'LL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE MY "TUTORIAL" UNTIL THIS BUG IS FIXED!!! I think you can do this now in Windowed mode, if you have access to it. (I know I have, .. at least in Win98 and ME. :p ) Leave Fullscreen mode, and with everything else minimized, go to the screen you want to take a picture of, and then click on your desktop to get the PC's focus to the desktop rather than on ZC, ... and since ZC's window is still there, having not been minimized down to the desktop by leaving its focus behind, you can press the Printscreen key (On top of the Insert key, above the arrow keys.) and then go to MSPaint, do a Ctrl+V to paste it there, ... crop out whatever you don't need, (Drag ZC's window to the upper left corner, then click on the non-highlighted spot, then crop it from the lower right corner up, to leave only the ZC window. That's how I do it, and it certainly works, I guess. :p I can't guarantee that the pallete will be preserved though, as MSPaint tends to butcher stuff like that. :p

firefly
02-24-2006, 06:14 PM
An option to show/hide the 8 pixels at the bottom of the screen.

crop out whatever you don't need, (Drag ZC's window to the upper left corner, then click on the non-highlighted spot, then crop it from the lower right corner up, to leave only the ZC window.

That's the problem, it takes a lot of time...

I love cookies! :tongue:

Dlbrooks33
02-25-2006, 09:39 AM
i just noticed something we need...we need a save & continue thing when you die or go to quit in the menu, becuase, even if you just want to save, it sends you back to the file selection screnn, which is not good, because some quests don't allow you to continue in a dungeon that was hard to get to and stuff, so could you please add this to save with ease and continue playing?