PDA

View Full Version : Finger Boarding

VI3T_DR@GON
01-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Does anyone use Tech Decks here? A bunch of people might think its dumb, but I dont. You probably have to be around my age to get it. Thanks

Masamune
01-12-2006, 06:17 PM
When I was in like... 6th grade I think. I still have a couple decks I think. (I've moved onto real decks) ;p

goKi
01-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Finger boarding is one of the most ridiculous things ever invented. But then again, so is skateboarding.

VI3T_DR@GON
01-12-2006, 07:49 PM
I dont skateboard as much now, because its Winter here. I will get back into the groove in April or May, when its warm outside. Skateboarding is a weird sport...but it just feels good to land a Varial Kickflip off of a 5-set.

AlexMax
01-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Can someone please expain to me the point of Finger Boarding?

VT_Hokie_Fan
01-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Can someone please expain to me the point of Finger Boarding?
Let's say you're bored. Maybe you're at school listening to a boring lecture, or at your job doing pie charts. Let's say that you have nothing to do, but you need one of your hands. You see a miniture skateboard on your desk. You have nothing better to do, so you roll it around. You're amused. You try to make it jump. You can't, so you try different techniques to try to get it in the air. A little later, you get it and you're proud of yourself. You look at a clock or a computer and see that it's 40 minutes later. You've succesfully passed 40 minutes of time without even thinking about it.

So they're basically for bored kids to flip around and roll when they need to waste time. I did it for like a month cuz my friends were obsessed with them. They were just a fad.

ONeilcool
01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
It was just another fad that has sense past.

copsgotguns
01-12-2006, 10:42 PM
skateboarding is NOT ridiculous. anyways i do remember tech decks from when i was in jr. high. i dont remember much, just that i really sucked at it. i was better at the yo-yo, walkie talkie and pokemon card fads. ive since moved on to actual skateboard and have had more success

Zelda_Warrior
01-13-2006, 07:54 PM
i never really liked finger boarding, but regular skateboarding is another story.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
01-14-2006, 09:29 PM
I never liked either. But Finger boarding is just dumb IMO.

VI3T_DR@GON
01-17-2006, 07:53 PM
At least Zelda_Warrior and copsgotguns agree that Skateboarding is sweet. What can you guys do?

ShadowTiger
01-17-2006, 11:19 PM
One man's poison is another man's passion, and vice versa. I was never one to get into fads, but if I had gotten ahold of a bunch of little skateboards, it sounds like just the sort of thing that might prove to be entertaining for an evening or two. There are some people who just really take to that kind of thing quickly. Wheels are hard to ignore for some people. =/