PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Statues

Darth Pikachu
01-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Don't know if I can fix this without sacrificing graphics, but thought I'd ask. I set up some rooms with a linking combo where a 'lanmola'esque monster's head would come out of the ground and shoot fire balls, i.e. I linked a sand tile to another sand animation with the emergence to another combo where that combo was a center statue. The problem is that I set the flag for statues to shoot fireballs, but when I enter the room, no fireballs come out them ever. First, is it possible to get fireballs to shoot this way or no? Secondly, if it is, did I do it right?
Technically, I always figured I could make all the linking combos statues, but then it might shoot if nothing is there which would look bad.

firefly
01-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I don't know if you can make the sand shoot fire by linking combos, I suggest you that you set a secret trigger that's camouflaged to LOOK like it's sand, and when you stand in it the trigger, the sand becomes center statues and they start shooting fire. Unless you want the secret to be timed...

koopa
01-11-2006, 12:01 PM
If it's a statue you want you could try putting a normal statue tile on the map and your sand combos on a layer so that they cover the statue.

Zelda_Warrior
01-12-2006, 08:36 PM
its stupid but make sure in the 'enemy flags' 'statues shoot fire' rule is checked.

Otto Halmen
01-14-2006, 04:47 AM
I'm not sure, but it might be that statues that appear late to the screen won't have the fire-shooting ability for some reason.

Just a guess, might be that it's complete bs. (not the bandai satellite)

*b*
01-14-2006, 05:42 AM
no, there have been a few quests with statues that appear with secret combos/cycling, so that's not the problem. try what Zelda_Warrior suggested; check to see if the Statues Shoot Fire enemy flag is set or not. if it's not enabled, enable it... obviously

Freedom
01-14-2006, 06:33 AM
I noticed when building one of my quests, I think it was Search for Elise, that if you had the statues shoot fire flag set, but no statue, and then used secret combos to supply the statue that it wouldn't work.
The statue had to be on the screen from the start, you could turn it off with secret combos, just not turn one on.