PDA

View Full Version : The Legend Of A Hedgehog:: Demo!

Linkromyte
01-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi, i've been working on (and still am) my zelda quest featuring Sonic The Hedgehog. The Story is 4 evil hedgehogs kiddnap Amy (ok...why?) so Sonic has to quest for the power of Super Sonic and use it to defeate the 4 evil Sonics (Why would they kidnapp her?)(hey shutup im trying to post here!)(meany....).The tiles come
from the 210quest but some things are edited.

here are some screens
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/link88899922/justsonic.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/link88899922/supersonicsmite.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/link88899922/sonicusinghislevel1sword.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/link88899922/sonichasredeyesoooooscarey.jpg

and for you smart peole who think this is NOT a demo it is,demo is demonstrate,so im demonstrating my quests looks to you :tongue:

i am currently working on a full demo to give the link to so hold on to your chair (or whatever your sitting on! :tongue: )

EDIT:: please post comments or suggestions!
EDIT2::All the tiles for Sonic are set+ the cool swords i made for him...

::Credits::
Pure ZC
my friends (for testing this)
Warloc (For creating the tiles i used)
and Veln for some of the BS zelda i used from his tileset...

firefly
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
You should change the Dmap title from "Hyrule" to the land where he is currently, and you shouldn't use cheats in your screenies. I'm just suggesting...

Zelda_Warrior
01-11-2006, 12:35 AM
too much like the other sonic 1 1st quest remake being made right now for my tastes...

Linkromyte
01-11-2006, 05:15 PM
well i set it to Hyrule cause i didnt have any good names to name the Dmap at the time i got the photo,so yea. yah you're right i shouldnt of shotted with the hearts :D :laughing: :scared: :odd:

EDIT:: Zelda_Warrior,if you are slightly gonna critisize me (apart from my bad spelling :odd: ) please atleast give me somthing i can improve on,like firefly did.

DarkFlameWolf
01-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Hate to break it to you, but unless your remake has something more that just Sonic added as the lead character and a few extra features, then it isn't really much different from 90% of the other 1st quest remakes out there. For yours to even stand out, you'd have to completely revamp the entire 1st quest. Either that or just make a brand new quest not built off of an existing design! :D

firefly
01-12-2006, 12:58 AM
I agree with DarkFlameWolf, you should build some dungeons to make it look better, and maybe add more of your own overworlds.

EDIT: 100 posts!!! yay!!!

LJ Bad
01-12-2006, 10:58 AM
These Sonic sprites are not very good. It just looks like a blue colored Link with spikes sticking out of the back of his head. My suggestion for creating a new main character who isn't Link is completely delete all of Link's tiles and start from scratch. When you make your main character by editing Link's tiles it always just looks like Link wearing a different costume when you're done. If you want some better Sonic tiles, I'm currently in the process of making some (Sonic makes a cameo in my quest) and you might be able to use mine when I'm done.

The idea for a Sonic quest sounds interesting, so there is potential, but you'll obviously need to do more work. And Sonic shouldn't have a shield. If I were you, I would get rid of the shield when redoing Sonic's tiles.

VI3T_DR@GON
01-12-2006, 11:33 AM
What you should do is make a quest not about Hyrule. Use a Sonic Tileset, since you are a newb, dont try to make your own, unless you already have. Just my 1/10 of a cent to add.

Zelda_Warrior
01-13-2006, 08:44 PM
well if your so willing to geyt ways to fix it, then heres my suggestion:

try making some new graphics, maybe new enemies, a new overworld, and better pallettes, the ones your using now arnt very flexible so i recomend you make your own so you can make them look better

Strider1982
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Linkromyte, looks like you're off to a good start...but the quest really looks too Zelda-ish. If you're looking for ideas for Sonic-themed tiles, check out my Sonic quest demo.

You might have to search for "The Legend of Sonic the Hedgehog" on Yahoo or Google or something, since as far as I know, only premium members can search here.

I don't know if I'll ever finish my Sonic quest. No one really liked my last demo that I worked my butt off ripping tiles and designing graphics for.