PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Contest Poll

idontknow
01-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Dark Nation & myself have been hosting an enemy contest of sorts. No more submissions are accepted any longer and we have in fact chosen the best ones. However, now it is up to the public to vote on the ones that we liked best among the ones that we have chosen. Please read each description carefully and vote.

01. Summoner - Kinda like a bat robe, but it summons a variety of different 'lower-class' enemies (zols, gels, keese, stalfos, red darknuts, etc.)

02. Projectile Shooter - Kinda like a fire Shooter; There would be a variety of this actually. They are invincible, but each type can shoot a different weapon (arrow, magic, rock, sword, fireball) Also, DN was thinking about having them shoot in one of 3 ways: At certain intervals of time (like everything 2 or 3 seconds), at random times, or only when Link is within its light of 'sight' (like in the same row or column)

03. Mirror Knight: A Darknut with melee-blocking armor (doesn't stop Hammers though) and a reflective shield (unbreakable, regardless of the quest rule). It works the same as yours, so it will reflect magic and fireballs. However, its armor is susceptible to reflected magic (like a Mirror Robe)

04. Spinning Tile A & B - Combos that will spawn a spinning tile enemy and change into the next combo as soon as the combo shows up on the screen (either through Link arriving on the screen or via cycling combos) Version A will spawn the spinning tiles all at once while only one spinning tile will be spawn froma randomly chosen Spinning Tile B combo, one at a time.

05. Gas Ghini- Not the official name, but basically a Ghini that can only be hurt (for a few seconds) after you hit it with fire. Could possibly have different kinds (such as a Magic Ghini).

06. Necromancer: Servant to the forces of evil, masters of the dark arts.
Attacks/abilities:
- Raise Dead- Summons 2 stalfos 3 to fight, rapid use of spell.
- Curse- Does 8 hearts of damage to link over the course of 30 seconds regardless of ring.

07. Crush Master - A Like Like with teeth for chewing. Could even start dragging Link back to the entrance if not killed quickly enough. (Think of a Like Like + Wall Master)

08. Super Darknut Tribble and Darknut Tribble- Slightly weaker than a normal Super Darknut, the SDT splits into 2 darknut tribbles, which can then transform into a SDT again if they aren't killed soon enough.

09. Ice Wizzrobe - A wizzrobe that shoots ice out, which stuns Link and then when he resumes movement he takes damage. An issue here would be implementing it so that it both freezes & damages Link.

10. Arachna - A spider of sorts (perhaps a mini, 1-tile ghoma) that jumps around rather quickly. It also shoots a 'poison' sprite at Link, which causes him to lose damage at a set interval (such as like every 2 seconds) until he drinks like a potion.

11. Fire Gel - Looks like a gel lit on fire! Moves very slowly but after moving, it leaves behind fire sprites. Link gets hurt by hitting the enemy or walking over its fire. It takes 1 sword shot to kill (and can't be killed by the b'rang)

12. Bombchu - Explodes when hit or when it crashes into Link. If Link hits it or its explosion, he will receive 1 heart's worth of damage.

13. Fire Peahat - An upgraded peahat that takes a couple more hits to defeat and shoots fireballs at Link while it flies.

14. Grappler Bug - Works with an enemy flag; When this flag is checked, it will randomly pop out of some Bushes instead of rupees or hearts and attack Link. It will latch onto him, kinda like a Like Like, except Link can still move. Red ones slowly drain hearts while Green ones slowly drain magic.

15. Fire/Ice Keese - Takes one sword hit to kill (and not with Boomerang) They cause elemental damage to Link and the Ice Keese also stuns Link (and perhaps turns him blue for awhile)

16. Yellow Tektike - Takes 2 sword hits to kill and almost constantly jumps, making it somewhat hard to defeat.

17. Bomb Octorok - An octorok that doesn't shoot rocks but instead lays bombs that hurt Link. Perhaps it takes 3 sword hits to kill. There could be a slow & a fast version of this enemy.

18. Magic Voice - An upgrade to the pols voice which is weak to arrows. This is weak to magic. Fire magic from the magic wand to defeat it. They also do a little bit more damage to Link and move a little bit faster.

19. Gyornus - A shark that spawns only in water, like the Zora. However, it moves in water. Is vulnerable to most weapons (like a stalfos), except because you can't use weapons in water, you have to stand on land and hit it from afar.

20. Flame Lynel - A lynel that moves at a regular pace but stops everynow and then and spits out flames; Uses the same 'flamethrower' tactic as the Gleeok2 boss.

Please pick your favorite 10 (which is half of them). The Poll will be closed on Friday night at 12a.m. and the winners will be announced. The Top 5 enemies will be the 'Winners'--when asked about which enemies will be implemented or what the people who's enemies won will receive, this is what Dark Nation said:

Unless it proves to be too difficult, I plan to implement the winners in the next full version (maybe even the next beta). I may even do some that didn't win if they are easy enough and I like them personally. But, winners come first. Those that submitted the winners might even get first use rights (either a special version of ZQuest that allows them to use the new enemies when other versions do not or give them a special code that causes ZQuest to allow them to use the new enemies (everyone would get the same version of ZQuest, but only they would get the code to unlock the new enemies).

Good Luck to All!

NoeL
01-09-2006, 07:12 PM
That projectile shooter is a must, that'd be great for puzzles... maybe instant death ones too like those medusas in Lolo.

DarkFlameWolf
01-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Out of all the enemies, I'd say my top five would be these:

Projectile Shooter
Gas Ghini
Bombchu
Grappler Bug
Fire Lynel

Mainly because these five seem to be the most sensible and most balanced of the list of enemies to be made into 'official' ZC enemies. That and they'd pose fewer problems when coding. (not too sure about that grappler bug though, but it sure does sound interesting)

copsgotguns
01-09-2006, 08:50 PM
maybe one day all these can be implemented in zc. im sure my greatgrandchildren would enjoy when it does.

Shoelace
01-10-2006, 01:00 AM
These are my top ten. I couldn't vote in the poll for some reason. Odd. But anyways the list:

1. Projectile Shooter
2. Bombchu
3. Ice Wizzrobe
4. Grappler Bug
5. Bomb Octorok
6. Summoner
7. Fire Gel
8. Spinning Tile A & B
9. Yellow Tektike
10. Gas Ghini

Phazite
01-10-2006, 07:50 PM
How many can we vote for? 10?
sorry nvm

Rakki
01-11-2006, 07:02 AM
I see the poll is a bit unreliable, since you can check all 20... >_>; So then I'll post my choices here.

1. Projectile Shooter
2. Mirror Knight
3. Spinning Tile (A & B)
4. Ice Wizzrobe
5. Fire Gel
6. Bombchu
7. Grappler Bug
8. Bomb Octorok (Although it'll need to be safe against it's own bombs, not necessarily those of other Octoboms, though. And yes, that's my nickname for it. :laughing: )
9. Magic Voice
10. Flame Lynel

Petoe
01-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Hmm... some of those enemies would be very nice. The ones that I'd like to see the most:

- Summoner
- Projectile Shooter (This is a must! And shouldn't bee too tough to add)
- Arachna (an interesting spider)
- Grappler Bug (An unpleasent surprise coming from the bushes... nice)

SoStaci
01-11-2006, 12:53 PM
I agree, that Projectile Shooter is a must.

It's hard to choose here, I wish all of them could win......

Cloral
01-11-2006, 02:46 PM
I tried to pick enemies that are a bit different instead of just being harder versions of existing enemies - like Gyornus and the grapple bug.

ShadowTiger
01-11-2006, 05:18 PM
#4, #2, and #1 (In that order.) are by far my favorite choices. Projectile-shooting statues would be a godsend. Also, the Summoner enemy would make for an unbelievably wonderful boss. (Much like C-Dawg's use of the Batrobes in DoY.)

WindStrike
01-11-2006, 05:36 PM
You know, I was tempted to also put Great Summoner in there, but then I was like - Heck no, that would easily be equivalent to a high level boss. In other words, it would summon all classes of enemies EXCLUDING zoras, batrobes, and summoners. Besides, it would've taken 40 wooden sword hits instead of 10. Lol if that were a standard enemy. Lol.

Phazite
01-11-2006, 05:39 PM
I chose:
Summoner
Projectile Shooter
Spinning Tile (A & B)
Necromancer
Fire Gel
Bombchu
Grappler Bug
Yellow Tektike
Bomb Octorok
Gyornus

I agree that the summoner would be a great boss or miniboss (like in Wind Waker) and I'd like to use this enemy and the projectile shooter the most. I've also thought of an enemy like this before.

eXodus
01-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Is it me, or is the poll specifically locked away from those who have entries in there? And I wanted to vote for System Error's Darknut Tribbles, too...

idontknow
01-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Its the top 20 enemies. Not sure exactly what you meanty by locked away. Sorry if the enemies you wanted to vote for from the original contest thread weren't picked :( if that's what you mean.

EDIT: And the darknut tribbles are available to vote so really not sure what you mean

CJC
01-12-2006, 12:13 AM
I voted for the Bomb Octorok.
It sounds a lot like the bomb dropping enemies from dungeon 6 of aLttp.
When forced to choose between old and new, always side with the classic in my opinion.

eXodus
01-12-2006, 01:28 AM
IDK, what I mean is that the board says I'm not allowed to vote in this poll. I think others have said the same thing. I immediately assumed it was just to prevent us from voting for our own stuff while letting others through. If it isn't, then I think something might be wrong...

Shoelace
01-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Yeah I can't vote either. I actually can't vote for any poll on AGN. Is it my post count?

idontknow
01-12-2006, 02:58 AM
oh geez! Yeah, something's wrong cuz i didn't mean for that to happen, unless DN did and modified it so that those who submitted couldn't vote, although i wouldn't mind if that happened. Plus, its not like anybody's all 5 submissions are on the poll anyway, at least not from what i recall...i'll have to look into this...and soon! If the poll doesn't get fixed, just post your votes as a reply to this thread and i'll tally it all up myself at the end.

*b*
01-12-2006, 06:46 PM
idk, why did you change the description of what my enemies do? Grappler Bugs are supposed to be a lot more evil than just draining magic..

Phazite
01-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah I can't vote either. I actually can't vote for any poll on AGN. Is it my post count?

I think it's the post count (100?). I used to not be able to vote in any polls, but now I have 100+ and I can.

VI3T_DR@GON
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
If it is 100, then I am gonna have to keep posting!

Summoner has my vote.

Zelda_Warrior
01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
i think the best one if fire lynel and also fire gel, ice wizzrobe is also good.

they are all good because they are like a regular enemy but different in small differemces and still retain much liek a regular enemy.

i really dont like the darknut tribbles, i dont know but they just dont sound very good.

idontknow
01-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Alright, as of right now it looks like there's 5 distinct winners but the poll will be opened until midnight. So, any people that would like to vote, please do so before midnight, central time (which is less than 12 hrs after this post) The top 5 enemies with the highest votes will be declared winner & DN will attempt to implement them into the next version. You'll hear more about that later.

Good luck to all!

idontknow
01-14-2006, 03:01 AM
And the winners are... (with total # of votes, including votes in posts, by people who couldn't vote in the poll:

+ Summoner (15)
+ Projectile Shooter (15)
+ Bombchu (15)
+ Fire Gel (14)
+ Grappler Bug (13)

Congratulations to our top 5!

Close ones are... (those with 10 or more votes)
+ Bomb Octorok (12)
+ Spinning Tile (11)
+ Ice Wizzrobe (11)
+ Yellow Tektike (10)
+ Flame Lynel (10)

WindStrike
01-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Know what the great thing about having the summoner winning is? All other lower class enemies that won get summoned by him - Fire Gel and Bombchu, and any other enemies that DarkNation really wants in the game that were in the contest.