PDA

View Full Version : GTA:LCS to PS2

Grasshopper
01-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Maybe there is more people here that can clear this up for me. I don't have a PSP, and never really played much of GTA 3. But this doesn't make sense to me. I thought LCS was a loose port of GTA3 for the PSP. Why would it then be released on the PS2?

Is there something I'm missing?

MottZilla
01-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, PSP is essentially capable of nothing more than the PS2 and I believe has very similar architexture. Plus, GTA LCS probably sold really shitty compared to GTA SA or GTA3 or GTAVC on PS2. Probably has to do with the fact that PSP sucks and not near as many people have it as a PS2 console.

So... the game is already designed, selling like shit. Why not do a relatively simple port to the PS2 to make some more money? It's cheaper to do than making a whole new GTA. Which is really what they need to do in my opinion. Make a brand new GTA on next generation hardware.

Grasshopper
01-09-2006, 06:20 PM
But isn't it the same game as GTA3?

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Rockstar realizes PSP is next to dead already and wants to make some money.

goKi
01-09-2006, 07:35 PM
The majority of people who play GTA wouldn't notice.

Aliem
01-09-2006, 08:16 PM
But isn't it the same game as GTA3?

I've never played it, but from what I've read and heard, it's a 'new' game with the same maps... I guess it's something of a continuation of GTA III.

copsgotguns
01-09-2006, 08:29 PM
liberty cities stories is set 2 years before grand theft auto 3 takes place. you play as one of the guys u did mission for in gta 3, tony. the map is basically the same except, a bridge isnt built yet, theres a ferry, and different cars and motorcycles. completely different missions, but overall same cast of characters and feels the same as gta 3.

ONeilcool
01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Its basicly a way to get all the GTA fans to buy a psp. So its exculsive, if it was on PS2 no one would buy it for the PSP.

Grasshopper
01-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Ok, thats what I was wondering, because it would seem kind of stupid to port a port over from a system it was ported to. :tongue:

Its basicly a way to get all the GTA fans to buy a psp. So its exculsive, if it was on PS2 no one would buy it for the PSP.

It is. Thats why I made this topic. :D
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/gtalibertycitystories/news.html?sid=6141901

MottZilla
01-10-2006, 01:07 AM

Well the thing is that was likely the idea, and it failed. Now its damage control time, which means a ps2 port ASAP.

Darth Marsden
01-11-2006, 01:59 PM
All I can say is it's about bloody time. If it's ported to PS2, then there's a good chance it'll come to PC as well.