PDA

View Full Version : I don't see any messages where I placed them!

Otto Halmen
01-09-2006, 12:08 PM
I have a bit fancier intro in my scenario. It consists of several screens with a textbox and message string in each of them. However, the messages don't display anywhere! (Okay, they do; I accidentally left one room's tile warp to Cave/Item room, and the message showed there!)

I've seen this thing work in other quests. What is the trick? How can I get this working?

LavaBall
01-09-2006, 12:20 PM
You must make a GUY In the room
Sacrifice on GUY That is Moblin,Goriya,Abei,Ama,Zelda,Merchant,Fire and Fairy,Make one of them fully black square(Transparent).

Otto Halmen
01-09-2006, 01:28 PM
I've done that, and even done the room a special item with no item assigned but that didn't work out. I've also played around with the tile warp types Entrance/Exit and Insta-Warp.

rocksfan13
01-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Make sure the dmap level # is a number greater than '0'.

Zelda_Warrior
01-09-2006, 07:07 PM
if your using the pure tileset which im sure and dont wanna delete one of your 'guys' just use fire its already transparent

MarioBrosCom
01-09-2006, 07:10 PM
The DMap needs to be set to a dungeon, and the level number must be 1 or more. Also, you need to have a guy to say the message. You don't have to set the Guy's tile to a blank tile, though, if don't want anyone to appear. Just covering him with another layer will suffice. In fact, I recommend covering the Guy, since it also blocks out the spawning animation.

Otto Halmen
01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
The level? Okay, that pobably fixes another bug I had. It's the bug that when entering a item room in the dungeon the game tries to enter a cave, thus jamming Link at the bottom of the screen.

So it was the level and not the dMap type that the game read the info from. I tried playing around with the types, but never thought about the level number. Thanks a lot! You made my life easier! :)

Zelda_Warrior
01-12-2006, 08:31 PM
the dmap can also be set to cave

overworld even works if you know what your doing