PDA

View Full Version : Is this a glitch?

Darth Pikachu
01-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, as it might be a glitch or my incompetency, but here's the problem. I set up a room where there was an arrow flag and a push block, to control the shutter. I also placed a couple of tiles in the room when a 'secret' activates, it triggers them to move down for a set period of time, then moves back up with linking combos. The nice thing is when the block is in position and opens the door and lowers the linking combos as expected, and then they go back up with the appropriate timing. The problem is when I use the arrow to shoot the arrow switch, whn the arrow is about to activate, the 'shot' shot freezes and the first combo for the linking combo cycles on that one only. Is this a glitch and if so, is there a way around it? If it helps, after the arrow problem, when I leave the room, with cheats, a secret sound chimes.

eXodus
01-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Am I right in assuming that the Arrow switch is supposed to be an infinite use replacement for the push block on the same screen? Which would mean that the exact same combo is probably being used as the Arrow Secret Combo. I think I've heard of this one, but I don't know why it exists.

If my assumptions are correct, then the arrow hasn't been completely destroyed by the Arrow flag. It's in an infinite loop hitting the same flag, and thus continuously triggering the secrets. This also explains why the secret sound couldn't play until you left the screen.

But what I could never work out about that glitch is that the Arrow flag shouldn't come back, even if the combo is the same. The Arrow flag should be gone, and the switch should only be one use. Has anyone else got any ideas?

rocksfan13
01-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Do you have the arrow flag set on secret combo for the arrow?

Darth Pikachu
01-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally, yes. Just tried a different direction with this,i.e. instead of arrow flags infinite, I just set the arrow secret to generate a tile with a secret combo (#17) which with the next secret would bring it back to the arrow, kinda alternating. But still the same thing happens. I even tried shooting secret first, then moving the block, but even that won't fix it, plus it won't let me shoot any more arrows after I shoot that arrow flag.